Windows 10: Someone Called and said I have been Hacked!!

Discus and support Someone Called and said I have been Hacked!! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Split from this thread. I have a slightly different question concerning malware and hope you can give me some insight on it. A company called Cisco... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CharlesWeissinger1, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Someone Called and said I have been Hacked!!

Split from this thread.​

I have a slightly different question concerning malware and hope you can give me some insight on it.

A company called Cisco Hub called me advising me I had been hacked by someone from China, I was given an IP Address which I do not have now.

They talked me into having them remotely installing a program called Antihackingtool.exe, which when I clicked on it did not do anything. I showed some old DOS commands and the stopped due to an error.

The company address is 55 E Long Lake, Troy, MI 48085

Phone no, which I never tried, is 888-512-3119

They wanted me to give then a check for $3995 for the program - good for the life of the computer.

What can you tell me about them?

Charles Weissinger

Clinton, MS
    <email removed>

:)

CharlesWeissinger1, Jul 27, 2018
  2. IlseDavis Win User

anti-hacking phone call

I also received a anti-hacking phone call, but they knew my Windows 10 registration number! How did they get that and match it to my phone number?? Do I need to be concerned??

IlseDavis, Jul 27, 2018
  3. anti-hacking phone call

asked on October 15-2015

tha call is to scan antihacker

No 888dc-a60fc-0fcoa-11cfo-c4fd062

MAURICE LALONDE, Jul 27, 2018
  4. PP Mguire Win User

Someone Called and said I have been Hacked!!

77000 Steam accounts hacked every month

Ironically I've had the same crappy password since I made my Steam when HL2 came out and never been hacked, but I've had my Origin account jacked twice with a much more complicated password. 2 step on Origin fixed this problem, but just thought it was kind of funny. I went with 2 step on Steam to be safe too.

PP Mguire, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

Someone Called and said I have been Hacked!!

1. Someone Called and said I have been Hacked!! - Similar Threads - Someone Called said

2. Have I been hacked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have I been hacked?: I may have been hacking but my laptop has been lagging and when I turned it off and on it started diagnosig my pc which it always say it couldn't repair and I can't reset it or run a trouble shoot...nothing works I need help...
  3. Have I been hacked?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Have I been hacked?: I may have been hacking but my laptop has been lagging and when I turned it off and on it started diagnosig my pc which it always say it couldn't repair and I can't reset it or run a trouble shoot...nothing works I need help...
  4. Have I been hacked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have I been hacked?: Hi! I was just using my laptop as normal watching YouTube when suddenly I seemed to lose control. The tabs Chrome froze and started flicking randomly, the mouse wouldn't move and a pop up window possible the start menu kept appearing and disappearing. I couldn't regain...
  5. Have I been hacked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have I been hacked?: Hello, I am suspecting that my computer has been infected, well my two computers now as this is a clean install on this machine, but it was done with an usb stick which might have been corrupted. Would anyone be able to have a look at my scans and kindly offer an opinion? My...
  6. Have I been hacked?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Have I been hacked?: Hello, I am suspecting that my computer has been infected, well my two computers now as this is a clean install on this machine, but it was done with an usb stick which might have been corrupted. Would anyone be able to have a look at my scans and kindly offer an opinion? My...
  7. Have I been hacked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Have I been hacked: Every time I boot up my PC my antivirus blocks 3-4 'Win32/UACBypassExp.T!proc' I've tried to run an offline check but it didn't work. I am not typing in any sensitive information on my PC as there could be a keylogger or something if someone could give me some help that would...
  8. I have been hacked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have been hacked: Split from this thread. i have been hacked....and am still hacked....i tried to do everything myself but getting to some sites i get internet blocked so i called att and internet ok so the problem is here in my pc...i wanted to do a reset taking me back before this year but...
  9. I have been hacked

I have been hacked: Split from this thread.I use Standard because it is a home Computer it is not for School, Business I have a few games, Facebook that the hacker has taken over . I am the Owner of this Computer and I am SICK OF THIS THEY USE MY INTERNET AND THERE IS ABOUT 5-6 OF THEM. Thank...
  10. I Have been Hacked

I Have been Hacked: I have been completely hacked, the hacker is doing it by cloning or coding something, as i get the two factor auth sms back with either a star * substitued for the last number of either of my mobiles or an i i replacing the @ symbol when microsoft confirms your change with an...