Windows 10: Someone Called and said I have been Hacked!!

Discus and support Someone Called and said I have been Hacked!! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Split from this thread. I have a slightly different question concerning malware and hope you can give me some insight on it. A company called Cisco... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CharlesWeissinger1, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Someone Called and said I have been Hacked!!

Split from this thread.​

I have a slightly different question concerning malware and hope you can give me some insight on it.

A company called Cisco Hub called me advising me I had been hacked by someone from China, I was given an IP Address which I do not have now.

They talked me into having them remotely installing a program called Antihackingtool.exe, which when I clicked on it did not do anything. I showed some old DOS commands and the stopped due to an error.

The company address is 55 E Long Lake, Troy, MI 48085

Phone no, which I never tried, is 888-512-3119

They wanted me to give then a check for $3995 for the program - good for the life of the computer.

What can you tell me about them?

Charles Weissinger

Clinton, MS
    <email removed>

:)

CharlesWeissinger1, Jul 27, 2018
  2. IlseDavis Win User

anti-hacking phone call

I also received a anti-hacking phone call, but they knew my Windows 10 registration number! How did they get that and match it to my phone number?? Do I need to be concerned??

IlseDavis, Jul 27, 2018
  3. anti-hacking phone call

asked on October 15-2015

tha call is to scan antihacker

No 888dc-a60fc-0fcoa-11cfo-c4fd062

MAURICE LALONDE, Jul 27, 2018
  4. PP Mguire Win User

Someone Called and said I have been Hacked!!

77000 Steam accounts hacked every month

Ironically I've had the same crappy password since I made my Steam when HL2 came out and never been hacked, but I've had my Origin account jacked twice with a much more complicated password. 2 step on Origin fixed this problem, but just thought it was kind of funny. I went with 2 step on Steam to be safe too.

PP Mguire, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

Someone Called and said I have been Hacked!!

1. Someone Called and said I have been Hacked!! - Similar Threads - Someone Called said

2. I have been hacked

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have been hacked: Two days ago I was in a public Discord and someone said he would down my router. He didn't get it, but today all browsers (chrome, edge, firefox) freeze without any reason and I don´t have internet. Any possible solution? submitted by /u/Juan_Sanz [link] [comments]...
  3. HAVE I BEEN HACKED? PLEASE SEE THIS!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    HAVE I BEEN HACKED? PLEASE SEE THIS!!: my teacher today on Microsoft Teams told us to download this program on our windows laptop/pc its called: ROBOMIND for a school project anyway when i was about to install it on my pc i saw this message: User Account Control Do you want to allow this app from an...
  4. What to do if I have been Hacked?

What to do if I have been Hacked?: what can i do to detect if someone edited my apps and condition.How could I enforce my security as well. [Original Title: hacked] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/what-to-do-if-i-have-been-hacked/06f974e1-1425-4c91-a556-60a0d4e46193
  5. I Have been Hacked

I Have been Hacked: I have been completely hacked, the hacker is doing it by cloning or coding something, as i get the two factor auth sms back with either a star * substitued for the last number of either of my mobiles or an i i replacing the @ symbol when microsoft confirms your change with an...
  6. I Have been Hacked

I Have been Hacked: I have been completely hacked, the hacker is doing it by cloning or coding something, as i get the two factor auth sms back with either a star * substitued for the last number of either of my mobiles or an i i replacing the @ symbol when microsoft confirms your change with an...
  7. I believe , I have been hacked

I believe , I have been hacked: I have an email from myself apparently, my router has been hacked and all my data will be sent if I don't pay what should I do [Original Title: hacked] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-believe-i-have-been-hacked/1d887f62-a9d3-4564-aea7-4f6a1b34c016
  8. Have I been hacked?

Have I been hacked?: I restarted my PC and then my lockscreen changed. My windows button no longer works and now there is a new user on my PC. It is defaultuser1 (22). They are using 101.3MB of memory. I can't delete them, either. I can delete myself, but not them. They are a local admin. What...
  9. I have been hacked . Computer does not work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have been hacked . Computer does not work: I received a phone call that my Windows 10 had expired from someone I thought was a legitimate Microsoft person. They said they could fix it because I had been hacked & had a virus. So I did what they said & bought google play cards & scanned to them. Then they said those...
  10. I think , I have been Hacked

I think , I have been Hacked: Split from this thread. Microsoft is telling me that my PC is hacked and in danger. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_scanning-windows_10/i-think-i-have-been-hacked/0aacc809-950d-4f11-96b6-8019e5983def