Windows 10: Someone else is still using this PC - Warning Message at reboot

Discus and support Someone else is still using this PC - Warning Message at reboot in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, it is a few time (probably since the update to Windows 1903, the actual version that I'm using) that when trying to restart Windows, I receive the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ponzaro, Oct 8, 2019.

1. ponzaro Win User

Someone else is still using this PC - Warning Message at reboot

Hi,
    it is a few time (probably since the update to Windows 1903, the actual version that I'm using) that when trying to restart Windows, I receive the warning message "Someone else is still using this PC".
    I noticed a strange thing along this: the "Processes" and "Users" tabs in the Task Manager are completely empty (sorry for the italian language, "Processi" means "Processes" and "Utenti" is "Users"):

Someone else is still using this PC - Warning Message at reboot [​IMG]

Someone else is still using this PC - Warning Message at reboot [​IMG]

I also noticed another strange thing: this is not happening anytime. For some time after Windows has started, the two tabs in task manager are fully populated and I don't receive any warning message if trying to reboot. I don't know for what reason this changes after some time.
    I already tried everything suggested here:
    Logout warning "Someone else is still using this pc"
    From disabling the flag in the accounts settings (I've only one account) to creating the registry key.

Any ideas about this? *Smile

Thanks

:)

ponzaro, Oct 8, 2019

2. warning message when startup

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the operating system with the warning message and slow performance. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to Run System Maintenance Troubleshooter.

It finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

Follow:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search box from the desktop.

• Select the Troubleshooting option.

• Select View All option and select the
      System Maintenance

• Click on Next to perform the System Maintenance troubleshooter and follow the steps.

Method 2: I suggest you to boot the computer in Safe mode with Networking and check if this issue persist.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Follow the below steps to place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run
      command.
    • Type msconfig and press Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on
      General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on
      Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Method 3: I suggest you to install he pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 8, 2019
  3. Windows Media Center - still getting warning messages

Hello,

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps in resolving the issue.

• In search tab type "Turn Windows features on or off" and click on the link when it prompted.
    • Now look for "Media feature" and expand it by clicking on it.
    • Under media feature you can find "Windows Media Center", un-check the box by clicking it.
    • Next, you will get a little warning box. Just click "yes" because it's asking if your perfectly okay with disabling it.
    • The last step is to reboot. A message saying you must restart the computer will pop up. Just shut it down or restart and log back in.
    I hope this information helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 8, 2019
  4. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Someone else is still using this PC - Warning Message at reboot - Similar Threads - Someone else still

2. "Someone else is still suing this PC" message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Someone else is still suing this PC" message: Good day,Last friday I was trying to shut down my Windows 11 laptop. I received the "Someone else is using this PC message". I panicked, so I shut down the computer via power button.I want to know if my computer is safe, if this a possible virus or some kind of bug.For...
  3. "Someone else is still suing this PC" message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Someone else is still suing this PC" message: Good day,Last friday I was trying to shut down my Windows 11 laptop. I received the "Someone else is using this PC message". I panicked, so I shut down the computer via power button.I want to know if my computer is safe, if this a possible virus or some kind of bug.For...
  4. Message "someone else is still using this PC" when I try and restart. I did it anyways....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Message "someone else is still using this PC" when I try and restart. I did it anyways....: I was using the computer and decided to restart it. When I pressed it it came up with "someone else is still using this PC" when I tried. I ended up continuing and pressed restart. Will this lead to data loss?...
  5. someone else is still using this PC

someone else is still using this PC: whe I was going to shut down my pc I get this message [ATTACH] then I realized that , this is the user who is logged in my pc, who is this user, and how he logged in [ATTACH]...
  6. Someone else is still using this PC - Warning Message at reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Someone else is still using this PC - Warning Message at reboot: Hi, it is a few time (probably since the update to Windows 1903, the actual version that I'm using) that when trying to restart Windows, I receive the warning message "Someone else is still using this PC". I noticed a strange thing along this: the "Processes" and "Users" tabs...
  7. Someone else is still using this pc

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Someone else is still using this pc: whats happening :- i log in to user 1 , shutdown . i use laptop again i log into user 2. when i try to shut down from user 2 it says some one is using the pc , the user 1 is still signed in even after shutdown it happens all the time then i have to go to user 1 to sign...
  8. Message "someone else is still using this PC" when I try and shut down

Message "someone else is still using this PC" when I try and shut down: I think windows update configuration is required to be changed. In windows 10 go system and security then windows update .on this page you will find methods of windows update. If you have checked mark " download update from other pc on my private betwork and from other...
  9. Message "someone else is still using this PC" when I try and shut down

Message "someone else is still using this PC" when I try and shut down: Hi, I have recently been getting the following message when I try and shut down my Toshiba Laptop: "Someone else is still using this PC. If you shut down now, you could lose unsaved work" This has been happening for the past few weeks. As such, I have not shut down my...
  10. Logout warning "Someone else is still using this pc"

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Logout warning "Someone else is still using this pc": Since the recent Windows 10 update (about October 26) I have been receiving the following error when I log out, even when quickly logging out after a restart or power up start. •Someone else is still using this pc. If you restart now, they could lose unsaved work. Does...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. receive message someone else is still using this pc when restarting

2. who else is using this

3. winows 2012 reboot someone else using