Windows 10: someone else set up my laptop and forgot the password, How do I login without the password...

Discus and support someone else set up my laptop and forgot the password, How do I login without the password... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I had a friend set up my new laptop and they did not tell me the password and they have forgotten it. I cannot log in. Is there anything I can do... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by AshleyHarvey, Aug 4, 2019.

1. someone else set up my laptop and forgot the password, How do I login without the password...

I had a friend set up my new laptop and they did not tell me the password and they have forgotten it. I cannot log in. Is there anything I can do besides resetting the computer, which I do not want to lose my apps.

Thanks

:)

AshleyHarvey, Aug 4, 2019

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Sep 29, 2019
  3. forgot password for account!!!!

You need to boot into Safe Mode. Do this by mashing F8 when the computer is starting, right before Windows loads, until you see a bunch of options. Select "Safe Mode". It'll boot into Safe Mode, and bring you to the login screen. At the login screen, go in as "Administrator", and from there go to the control panel. In the control panel, open "users", select the account you forgot the password of, and click "remove password". Restart the computer and all will be well *Smile someone else set up my laptop and forgot the password,  How do I login without the password... :).

zekrahminator, Sep 29, 2019
  4. someone else set up my laptop and forgot the password, How do I login without the password...

Forgot password....

I changed my aunts password on her laptop and I forgot it.

I tried opening up a cmd sheel and tried net user, but her name doesnt show up on the network. How can I change if from the bios or something?

lollerskater69, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

someone else set up my laptop and forgot the password, How do I login without the password...

1. someone else set up my laptop and forgot the password, How do I login without the password... - Similar Threads - someone else set

2. Forgot laptop login password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot laptop login password.: Hi, Hi I gave reset option in the laptop with keep my files setting. Then it was asking for password to login to the laptop. But previously I used to login through pin and now I forgot my password. Tried resetting my Microsoft account password through mobile. still laptop is...
  3. Forgot laptop login password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot laptop login password.: Hi, Hi I gave reset option in the laptop with keep my files setting. Then it was asking for password to login to the laptop. But previously I used to login through pin and now I forgot my password. Tried resetting my Microsoft account password through mobile. still laptop is...
  4. Forgot my login password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot my login password: I forgot my laptop user and administrative password. Tried to go to safe mode, and login using administrator as username and blank as password, but not working. Please advise how to reset or login....
  5. Forgot my login password

Forgot my login password: I forgot my laptop user and administrative password. Tried to go to safe mode, and login using administrator as username and blank as password, but not working. Please advise how to reset or login....
  6. Forgot my laptop password. Unable to login

Forgot my laptop password. Unable to login: I forgot my laptop password and was unable to login so I reset my laptop and saved my files in cloud but even after resetting the laptop it is asking for password. I don't know what to do let me know what can be done....
  7. I forgot my laptop login password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my laptop login password: I forgot my login password to my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-laptop-login-password/91c86010-af1f-46c7-a305-6fb390705817
  8. I forgot my laptop login password

I forgot my laptop login password: I forgot my login password to my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-laptop-login-password/91c86010-af1f-46c7-a305-6fb390705817
  9. I forgot my login password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I forgot my login password: Nuvision 2n1. How do I reset the password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-login-password/7c84cf73-3e7f-4142-8a8c-9cb7025a5630"
  10. Forgot login password for laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgot login password for laptop: I can't login to my windows 10 laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-login-password-for-laptop/2ceba170-776e-4cd5-96b8-da3364cec110"