Windows 10: Someone else’s emails showing on envelope icon

Discus and support Someone else’s emails showing on envelope icon in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; White envelope icon on my home screen shows my husbands emails not mine. How could this be happening?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MindyMiller1, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Someone else’s emails showing on envelope icon

White envelope icon on my home screen shows my husbands emails not mine. How could this be happening?

:)

MindyMiller1, Jun 20, 2019
  2. MooYork Win User

Email envelope/@ icon incorrectly displaying when no unread mail on C5-00

Using the nokia email app with IMAP (gmail). If I get new mail, I see on my main screen the subject and a 'closed envelope' in the middle of the screen, and in the upper right hand corner a tiny icon of an envelope with an @ symbol on it pops up.

If I then read my email somewhere else, like on the web, I would expect both icons on the phone to indicate that the mail has been read...but that's not what happens.

After reading mail, the subject with closed envelope changes to an 'open' envelope - perfect!

But, the envelope/@ icon in the upper right hand corner is still there. When you go into your mailbox, and exit again (don't need to open any mail), the icon disappears, realizing that there is no unread mail.

Is there a fix for this, or could Nokia please fix it?

Thanks

MooYork, Jun 20, 2019
  3. 7thSense Win User
    cannot erase icon with envelope on bottom of screen

The envelope icon is an email. So open all your email inboxes in order to clear this icon.

Hope this helps.

7thSense, Jun 20, 2019
  4. Someone else’s emails showing on envelope icon

Envelope icon at wallpaper

Hello,

Some time I see in my Lumia 710 wallpaper has three kinds of envelope icon.
    1 for new message, 1 for new email and the balance one, I don't know what's it ?
    Can you explain me what's it and how to make it disappear.
    It is always between message and email icon.

Tks !

Duy.ngongoc, Jun 20, 2019
Thema:

Someone else’s emails showing on envelope icon

1. Someone else’s emails showing on envelope icon - Similar Threads - Someone else’s emails

2. Someone else is still using this pc

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Someone else is still using this pc: whats happening :- i log in to user 1 , shutdown . i use laptop again i log into user 2. when i try to shut down from user 2 it says some one is using the pc , the user 1 is still signed in even after shutdown it happens all the time then i have to go to user 1 to sign...
  3. Envelopes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Envelopes: How do I print a business envelope? Printer keeps saying add paper. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/envelopes/a2770446-47cf-4821-b6d1-f0594990c74f
  4. Account on someone elses PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Account on someone elses PC: A whiIe ago I added my xbox account to a friend’s laptop because it gave me the standard “add you account to access your account features and track achievements and all that?” messge. I clicked yes abd after that his account could not access things like the web browser. He...
  5. Printing envelopes

Printing envelopes: I use Canon Image Class MF232w to print envelopes. The problem that it prints letter size without problems but when I print envelops, I get a splotched envelop so I even cannot read it. Changing a cartridge didn’t solve a problem. What can be improved?...
  6. Someone else trying to use account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Someone else trying to use account: My wife got a notification that someone else might be using her account and was instructed to reset her account. The phone number that was listed for the text code was a number we never had....
  7. Device list shows an unknown device and someone else’s picture

Device list shows an unknown device and someone else’s picture: on my devices list, i see my devcie and sommeone elses. When i go to magage the kiat i only see mine. What do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-list-shows-an-unknown-device-and-someone/3b0ce94a-e090-420c-a039-8fc56619cc2f
  8. Add someone else to this PC link is greyed out

in Windows 10 News
    Add someone else to this PC link is greyed out: [ATTACH] As an administrator, you may want to add multiple users to the same Windows 10 device. Sometimes, even a laptop needs multiple users such as family members. It is very easy and straightforward to add users to Windows 10 device. [...] This post Add someone else to...
  9. PC connects to someone elses open network automatically.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC connects to someone elses open network automatically.: Hi, my computer keeps logging me in to a open network first, I then have to disconnect to log into my own. How can I stop this from happening?...
  10. Logout warning "Someone else is still using this pc"

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Logout warning "Someone else is still using this pc": Since the recent Windows 10 update (about October 26) I have been receiving the following error when I log out, even when quickly logging out after a restart or power up start. •Someone else is still using this pc. If you restart now, they could lose unsaved work. Does...