Windows 10: Someone found a way to bypass Windows 7 Extended Security Updates checks

Discus and support Someone found a way to bypass Windows 7 Extended Security Updates checks in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Someone discovered a way to enable Extended Security Updates on all machines running Microsoft's Windows 7 operating system. Support for Microsoft's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Dec 7, 2019.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Someone found a way to bypass Windows 7 Extended Security Updates checks

Someone discovered a way to enable Extended Security Updates on all machines running Microsoft's Windows 7 operating system.

Support for Microsoft's Windows 7 operating system ends after the January 2020 Patch Tuesday. Small businesses and Enterprises may extend support by up to three years for a price.

Small businesses pay Microsoft up to $200 per device and year for extended support, Enterprises up to $200 per user and year. The support program is available already and there are prerequisites that need to be met.

Microsoft won't offer the Extended Security Updates program to Home users even though some would pay Microsoft to extend support for Windows 7. Home users may get some security patches created by third-party company 0Patch, but support will be limited and not as extensive -- likely -- as what Microsoft pushes out via the Extended Security Updates program.

Note: Microsoft released a test update that administrators may attempt to download and install to verify that the device is eligible for Extended Security Updates. This, and other parameters, may change before the program starts officially in January 2020. Creating backups is highly recommended.

Someone found a way to bypass Windows 7 Extended Security Updates checks bypass-security-updates-checks.png

Devices or users that participate in the Extended Security Updates program need to install an update that verifies eligibility to receive updates after January 14, 2020. Extended Security Updates must be installed online on live systems; they cannot be integrated or installed offline, at least not right now.

Users on the My Digital Life forum discovered a way to bypass the Extended Security Updates check. The bypass works with Microsoft's test update but it is unclear if it will also work with "real" updates that the company releases after the January 2020 Patch Day.

All that needs to be done currently is to download a small archive from the My Digital Life forum and extract it. The package includes two batch files that enable or disable the bypass on the system, executable files, and the source.

Basically, what happens behind the scene is that verification checks return true all the time through manipulation of these checks.

One interesting aspect of the hack is that it enables support for all Windows 7 editions, even those that Microsoft does not want to support after January 14, 2020. In other words: Windows 7 Home, Starter or Ultimate editions would be able to receive updates provided by the Extended Security Updates program when the bypass is installed.

The developers plan already to extend support to Windows Vista and to support the POSReady 7 SKU which will receive security updates until 2024. (via Deskmodder)

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Someone found a way to bypass Windows 7 Extended Security Updates checks appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Dec 7, 2019

2. Windows 7 Ultimate (64) Security updates not installing.

I have been having problems in installing the updates that I have listed below. For each update I attempted to install them individually but they would not install. I also downloaded the SURT 6.1 KB947821 v27. The problem has been going on now for about 2 months. (whenever the issue with the updates comes to mind I am never near my pc). Thank you in advance.

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 9 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2838727)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2757638)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2785220)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2790113)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2813170)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2813430)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2839894)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2726535)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2773072)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2786400)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2798162)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2808679)

autigerfan, Dec 7, 2019
  3. Windows 7 Extended Security Updates

It is not for Retail or OEM licenses.

It is for Volume Licensing for large corporations.

Helping customers shift to a modern desktop - Microsoft 365 Blog

Windows 7 Extended Security Updates

As previously announced, Windows 7 extended support is ending January 14, 2020. While many of you are already well on your way in deploying Windows 10, we understand that everyone is at a different point in the upgrade process.

With that in mind, today we are announcing that we will offer paid Windows 7 Extended Security Updates (ESU) through January 2023. The Windows 7 ESU will be sold on a per-device basis and the price will increase each year.
    Windows 7 ESUs will be available to all Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Enterprise customers in Volume Licensing, with a discount to customers with Windows software assurance, Windows 10 Enterprise or Windows
    10 Education subscriptions
    . In addition, Office 365 ProPlus will be supported on devices with active Windows 7 Extended Security Updates (ESU) through January 2023. This means that customers who purchase the Windows 7 ESU will
    be able to continue to run Office 365 ProPlus.

Please reach out to your partner or Microsoft account team for further details.

Microsoft to offer paid Windows 7 Extended Security Updates | ZDNet

This time around, the ESU program is being run out of Microsoft's Volume Licensing Unit and Core Windows Engineering "is producing these updates like a product," Spataro explained.

Bill Smithers, Dec 7, 2019
  4. Someone found a way to bypass Windows 7 Extended Security Updates checks

Extended Security Update for Windows 7

It is not for the private home user.

Follow the advice in the link of who to contact.

Helping customers shift to a modern desktop - Microsoft 365 Blog

Windows 7 Extended Security Updates

As previously announced, Windows 7 extended support is ending January 14, 2020. While many of you are already well on your way in deploying Windows 10, we understand that everyone is at a different point in the upgrade process.

With that in mind, today we are announcing that we will offer paid Windows 7 Extended Security Updates (ESU) through January 2023. The Windows 7 ESU will be sold on a per-device basis and the price will increase each year.
    Windows 7 ESUs will be available to all Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Enterprise customers in Volume Licensing, with a discount to customers with Windows software assurance, Windows 10 Enterprise or Windows
    10 Education subscriptions
    . In addition, Office 365 ProPlus will be supported on devices with active Windows 7 Extended Security Updates (ESU) through January 2023. This means that customers who purchase the Windows 7 ESU will
    be able to continue to run Office 365 ProPlus.

Please reach out to your partner or Microsoft account team for further details.

Microsoft to offer paid Windows 7 Extended Security Updates | ZDNet

This time around, the ESU program is being run out of Microsoft's Volume Licensing Unit and Core Windows Engineering "is producing these updates like a product," Spataro explained.

Bill Smithers, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

Someone found a way to bypass Windows 7 Extended Security Updates checks

1. Someone found a way to bypass Windows 7 Extended Security Updates checks - Similar Threads - Someone found bypass

2. extended security updates: ERROR FOUND 0x80072ee7. The server name and address could not be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    extended security updates: ERROR FOUND 0x80072ee7. The server name and address could not be...: Hi All,I have got a few 2008 servers, that I want to install and activate ESU. I was able to activate ESU on some of the servers, however, I was not able to activate on others. All the serves are in the same VLAN and same network security is applied to them. All got internet...
  3. extended security updates: ERROR FOUND 0x80072ee7. The server name and address could not be...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    extended security updates: ERROR FOUND 0x80072ee7. The server name and address could not be...: Hi All,I have got a few 2008 servers, that I want to install and activate ESU. I was able to activate ESU on some of the servers, however, I was not able to activate on others. All the serves are in the same VLAN and same network security is applied to them. All got internet...
  4. Manually Installing Windows 7 Extended Security Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Manually Installing Windows 7 Extended Security Updates: Hello,I am about to acquire an OEM license for Windows 7 Professional 64-bit for a new system that I am building myself. I am interested in receiving extended security updates until January 10 2023 but I am not sure I qualify for those as I am an end user and not a business....
  5. Manually Installing Windows 7 Extended Security Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Manually Installing Windows 7 Extended Security Updates: Hello,I am about to acquire an OEM license for Windows 7 Professional 64-bit for a new system that I am building myself. I am interested in receiving extended security updates until January 10 2023 but I am not sure I qualify for those as I am an end user and not a business....
  6. Microsoft won't extend Windows 7 Extended Security Updates. Server gets another year

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft won't extend Windows 7 Extended Security Updates. Server gets another year: Microsoft's popular Windows 7 operating system reached the end of its support lifecycle in January 2020. The company launched ESU, Extended Security Updates, for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 at the same time. Officially only available for businesses and Enterprise...
  7. Windows security - check for updates

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows security - check for updates: Recently i have been getting notifications repeatedly daily advising that i need to update, but when i check for updates, it thinks for a long time, but no result. Last update shows as 22 sept. How can i update security? Thanks in advance!! Pete...
  8. Has anyone found a way to bypass the pin on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Has anyone found a way to bypass the pin on windows 10?: Other then modifying the registry? If I changed to a local account, would that eliminate any sign on password or pin? (the old netplwiz method no longer working) submitted by /u/richfield1945 [link] [comments]...
  9. Can someone bypass the security on my stolen surface book 3

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can someone bypass the security on my stolen surface book 3: Hello, My surface book 3 was recently stolen from my home. I had a pin and face recognition set up on start up before you could access the main screen and I am wondering can this be bypassed by someone, as i have a lot of important information on it. Would really appreciate...
  10. The Windows 7 Extended Security Update program is now available

in Windows 10 News
    The Windows 7 Extended Security Update program is now available: Microsoft will end support for the company's Windows 7 operating system on January 14, 2020, the same day that security updates are made available for the last time for the operating system. While there are not any official options for home users of Windows 7 to extend...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot

2. mydigitallife windows 7 ultimate activation

3. bypass w7 esu