Windows 10: Someone hacked into my Microsoft account, changed the email address, and locked me out of...

Discus and support Someone hacked into my Microsoft account, changed the email address, and locked me out of... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; As the title says someone hacked into my account. This happened a week ago now, but I'm still having all kinds of troubles.A week ago, I woke up to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MarciVidi, Jul 22, 2022.

1. MarciVidi Win User

Someone hacked into my Microsoft account, changed the email address, and locked me out of...

As the title says someone hacked into my account. This happened a week ago now, but I'm still having all kinds of troubles.A week ago, I woke up to a strange email stating that someone logged into my Microsoft account. The login happened in Bulgaria. Sadly this might be hard to believe, but trust me I deleted the email. It was not intentional, but I cannot find it in the trash folder in my email. Afterwards, when I tried to login to my account, it said that "this account does not exist". I was a bit confused, but I turned on my Xbox to see if something happened there aswell. Sure enough, I w

:)

MarciVidi, Jul 22, 2022
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Jul 22, 2022
  3. Changing a hacked email address associated with Windows 10 account

Hello - I had a email address ( *** Email address is removed for privacy *** - YAHOO ) that has been hacked. I now have a Gmail account and all of my personal accounts have been changed. The last remaining one is my Windows 10 account. I have used the form provided by Microsoft to confirm
    my account (which of course uses the hacked email account to confirm) and they have responded that they cannot confirm my ownership...yet I have no problem logging into Windows 10 - although my Office Outlook 2010 is pretty much dead in the water. I need to
    find out if there is a way to associate my Gmail account to my Microsoft account and dump the hacked sbcglobal.net one. Any good suggestions ? Hopefully I can get an answer on my Outlook.com account. Thank you in advance - Steve in Kentucky

StevenOverton, Jul 22, 2022
  4. Groggubus Win User

Someone hacked into my Microsoft account, changed the email address, and locked me out of...

Changed Microsoft Email Account Address, now locked out of xbox live.

Hi, i have a windows 10 account problem thats stopping me signing into xbox live.

i changed my windows 10 sign in email address on the microsoft account page, i wanted all my accounts to use gmail.

1st, i added my gmail account. Then i made my gmail account my default account email address

That created issues on onedrive, and i didnt want that headache, so i changed my sign in email address back to outlook and removed my gmail account from the accounts page. Now, when i go to settings - accounts, it still displays my gmail address, which is - im sure - why i cant login to xbox live on my pc. The following pic should read (username)@outlook.com, not (username)@gmail.com

Someone hacked into my Microsoft account, changed the email address, and locked me out of... [​IMG]

Any ideas?

EDIT

when i try and create a local account, i get this issue...

Someone hacked into my Microsoft account, changed the email address, and locked me out of... [​IMG]

Groggubus, Jul 22, 2022
Thema:

1. Someone hacked into my Microsoft account, changed the email address, and locked me out of... - Similar Threads - Someone hacked Microsoft

2. Microsoft account hacked and admin email address changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account hacked and admin email address changed: In the span on 10 minutes I got a verification code sent to me, was alerted of a suspicious sign on, and lost control of my microsoft account. I'm still signed into the account on my pc and can access my things, but I can't sign into my account any time it asks me for my...
  3. Microsoft account hacked and admin email address changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft account hacked and admin email address changed: In the span on 10 minutes I got a verification code sent to me, was alerted of a suspicious sign on, and lost control of my microsoft account. I'm still signed into the account on my pc and can access my things, but I can't sign into my account any time it asks me for my...
  4. Someone opened a Microsoft Account with my email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Someone opened a Microsoft Account with my email address: I have a microsoft account with the *****@outlook.com suffix that I have been using for years. Someone opened a microsoft account with my gmail address *****@gmail.com and I am concerned it might be used for fraud. I'd like to claim ownership on the Microsoft account using my...
  5. Someone opened a Microsoft Account with my email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Someone opened a Microsoft Account with my email address: I have a microsoft account with the *****@outlook.com suffix that I have been using for years. Someone opened a microsoft account with my gmail address *****@gmail.com and I am concerned it might be used for fraud. I'd like to claim ownership on the Microsoft account using my...
  6. Someone opened a Microsoft Account with my email address

7. My previous Microsoft account is hacked and it is changed to *** Email address is removed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My previous Microsoft account is hacked and it is changed to *** Email address is removed...: Hello,I just came back after a check-up and failed when I tried logging into my Microsoft account. I attempted to use different methods, but that didn't work either. It turns out that my account got changed from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to *** Email...
  8. My previous Microsoft account is hacked and it is changed to *** Email address is removed...

My previous Microsoft account is hacked and it is changed to *** Email address is removed...: Hello,I just came back after a check-up and failed when I tried logging into my Microsoft account. I attempted to use different methods, but that didn't work either. It turns out that my account got changed from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to *** Email...
  9. Someone hacked into my Microsoft account, changed the email address, and locked me out of...

Someone hacked into my Microsoft account, changed the email address, and locked me out of...: As the title says someone hacked into my account. This happened a week ago now, but I'm still having all kinds of troubles.A week ago, I woke up to a strange email stating that someone logged into my Microsoft account. The login happened in Bulgaria. Sadly this might be hard...
  10. Someone opened a Microsoft Account with my email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Someone opened a Microsoft Account with my email address: This isn't really a Virus-Malware question, but there was no category for Microsoft Account. Yesterday I received an email asking me to verify my email address on a new Microsoft Account with a link to click to verify the address and a different link to cancel. I did not open...