Windows 10: Someone I know has taken control of all administrator accounts and taken away my admin rights.

Discus and support Someone I know has taken control of all administrator accounts and taken away my admin rights. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When I try access the hidden administrator account, only mine and their accounts show up.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Lil Yeet, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Lil Yeet Win User

Someone I know has taken control of all administrator accounts and taken away my admin rights.

When I try access the hidden administrator account, only mine and their accounts show up.

:)

Lil Yeet, Apr 13, 2019
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Apr 13, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    How do you change a user account to an administrator account in Windows 10?

Hi Fiona,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to go to control panel and check your user account status. Right click on the start button and select control panel in the menu. In the control panel, click on the 'view by' option in the top right and select 'large icons'. Now, click
    on 'User accounts' and check if your account is listed as Administrator. If it is not displayed as Admin account, click on the option 'Change user account type' and select 'Administrator' and apply changes. Try these steps and let us know the results. If you
    have already tried, please let us know what all troubleshooting steps you have tried so far, so that we can provided you suggestion accordingly.

Arul_D, Apr 13, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Someone I know has taken control of all administrator accounts and taken away my admin rights.

Vista: How to give FULL admin rights to other accounts???

I'm not sitting at my Vista machine right now, but I think it has something do with going into Computer Management, I think you need to add your user account to a group. Perhaps add your user account to the same groups that the built-in Administrator account is in.

That doesn't work in Vista. When you set an account as an admin account, it is really like setting it as a Power User in XP. It still bugs the crap out of you every time you try to do something that requires admin rights.

newtekie1, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Someone I know has taken control of all administrator accounts and taken away my admin rights. - Similar Threads - Someone has taken

2. Ex-friend has taken control of our admin account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ex-friend has taken control of our admin account: Our ex-friend i should say has taken control of our admin account on our computer and we cant do anything how do we re-gain control? Anyone Please help** original title : Admin has b***d us Hard **...
  3. Administrative account has taken over-Why???!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrative account has taken over-Why???!!!: After regretful update of windows 11.. I have gone past the 10 days and there is no way out. I can not attempt to do anything useful on laptop because no matter what, I need admin privileges. There has not been one even semi useful answer. Who knows the hidden secret here?!...
  4. Administrative account has taken over-Why???!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrative account has taken over-Why???!!!: After regretful update of windows 11.. I have gone past the 10 days and there is no way out. I can not attempt to do anything useful on laptop because no matter what, I need admin privileges. There has not been one even semi useful answer. Who knows the hidden secret here?!...
  5. I am Suspecting that a hacker has taken control of my PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am Suspecting that a hacker has taken control of my PC: This expectation has an evidence against it. First of all My Windows defender was disabled by the red error message " this setting is managed by your administrator". I thought that the way to fix this is to edit the registry keysIn registry i moved to >HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE >...
  6. admin rights taken away on personal laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    admin rights taken away on personal laptop: I turned on my computer the other day and was attempting to clean it up and delete folders and what not. When I turned it on, for some reason all of the "hidden" folders were now showing up and I was denied access from certain folders and was told I needed administrator...
  7. My administrator rights have been taken away from me. HELP

in Windows 10 Customization
    My administrator rights have been taken away from me. HELP: I GET A MESSAGE SAYING I DO NOT HAVE ADMINISTRATOR RIGHTS. I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIX THIS FOR DAYS. This is really frustrating and I need help. Why doesn't Microsoft respond to issues like these rather than post a sign saying scammers offer fake support. I have tried...
  8. Administrator Account taken over

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator Account taken over: DIRECTORY MUDDLE Aug 31st 2019 nb I have previously been a member as Windymiller but owing to current problem could not access the USB stick containing my passwords. My last post concerned backing up a WindowsImage file. Since then the problems have seriously escalated....
  9. MMS.exe has taken over my Administration rights.

MMS.exe has taken over my Administration rights.: I have recently encountered that i cannot access Device manager and i am getting the following message,[IMG] I have tried command prompt but it appears that when i apply the necessary steps to try and over come this problem i get the following, [IMG] I cannot believe...
  10. bitdefender has taken over my admin rights, how do i fix this

bitdefender has taken over my admin rights, how do i fix this: bit defender has taken over my admin rights, and I deleted it. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_start-windows_10/bitdefender-has-taken-over-my-admin-rights-how-do/ea36e10f-7a7a-47ff-ad77-9ece4989cddf