Windows 10: Someone is remotely controlling my screen and making transactions.

Discus and support Someone is remotely controlling my screen and making transactions. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Yesterday I got an alert on my phone that a transaction had been made on PayPal. I proceed to open my computer and find my mouse and keyboard moving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/itsmejosh2323, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Someone is remotely controlling my screen and making transactions.

Yesterday I got an alert on my phone that a transaction had been made on PayPal. I proceed to open my computer and find my mouse and keyboard moving and typing completely on their own.

After locking the computer and switching off the internet I did some digging through my files and found an app called TightVNC (which I found out is a program for remotely controlling screens) had been installed overnight at 7am. I quickly deleted the application after force stopping it from the task manager (even when offline it was running in the background), however today I’ve found it’s installed itself once again, with the file date modified at 7:07am. (When I logged in the internet was on, but it was installed after a restart last night and before I logged on today, so the computer may not have been connected to the wifi).

I’m not sure how this is happening, can someone please give me advice on how to permanently remove the program?

Edit: Found this on google - “Silent (unattended) installation

With this option, you can automate TightVNC installation on one or multiple computers as it does not require user input. Simply create a script that automatically installs TightVNC, or install it through a terminal connection (for example, Telnet).”

Does this mean I may have accidentally downloaded this script? And it’s automated to download each day at 7am?

submitted by /u/itsmejosh2323
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/itsmejosh2323, Jul 6, 2020
  2. phonefuel Win User

Nokia Bluetooth Remote Control

Can someone suggest a Bluetooth remote control app that will work with a Nokia touch screen phone? I've tried Phone Remote Control with some success but its not fully touch screen compliant.

Thank you in advance.

phonefuel, Jul 6, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Jul 6, 2020
  4. Someone is remotely controlling my screen and making transactions.

Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

Someone is remotely controlling my screen and making transactions.

1. Someone is remotely controlling my screen and making transactions. - Similar Threads - Someone remotely controlling

2. Remote control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote control: Hello guys,I would like to know how can i connect remote and i would also take advantage of what windows do i have and what programs do you recomment. Thank you very muchI also would like to know what is betterApple.comGoodle.comMicrosoftWord.Thank you very much and looking...
  3. Remote control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote control: Hello guys,I would like to know how can i connect remote and i would also take advantage of what windows do i have and what programs do you recomment. Thank you very muchI also would like to know what is betterApple.comGoodle.comMicrosoftWord.Thank you very much and looking...
  4. remote control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remote control: how can I change administrator on my laptop and stop remote access to it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-control/d542e390-733b-4389-835b-cb802adb532a
  5. remote control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    remote control: how can I change administrator on my laptop and stop remote access to it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-control/d542e390-733b-4389-835b-cb802adb532a
  6. I think someone is in my pc / remote controlled me!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I think someone is in my pc / remote controlled me!: So i downloaded a software called radmin vpn to play with a friend on a game, so i downloaded Radmin vpn and then i connected to my friends server which was just me and him in the server, then he gave me his radmin ip and then obviously i connect through the game etc.... we...
  7. How can I confirm if someone is remotely controlling my Admin rights?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I confirm if someone is remotely controlling my Admin rights?: I was recently subject to a virus attack that left my laptop basically useless until I was able to activate the local Administrator account, and re-install Windows 10 entirely. After I ran sfc /scannow, the problems finally went away Google Chrome would mark all sites as...
  8. Someone is remoting my desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Someone is remoting my desktop?: I am the only one in my family that has access to this computer, yet I see something along the lines of remote desktop which is taking a bit of my cpu. And the strange thing is, I've never been remoted. When I open the file location it says " dwm.exe ". Am I hacked, or is...
  9. Remote Control and utilize screen?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Control and utilize screen?: Hi everyone. I'm new to this community, so I may be posting this in the wrong category but I hope someone may have knowledge on how to make this happen. I have three monitors available which I utilize (on my desk) and 2 PC running Windows 10. PC A is stronger but I want...
  10. Remote control

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote control: I need some help with remote control desktop. I have Win 10 Pro. I am trying to various family members with their pc's, which are Win 10 Home. If they download the Remote Desktop app from the windows store, will i then be able to sign onto their computers? Thanks. pmh...