Windows 10: Someone is taking over control of my Windows 10 Laptop

Discus and support Someone is taking over control of my Windows 10 Laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am the owner, hopefully the administrator and the only user of my laptop Lenovo Yoga 510 computer. It has Windows 10 operating system and Home Office... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Alok Kapoor, May 21, 2019.

1. Someone is taking over control of my Windows 10 Laptop

I am the owner, hopefully the administrator and the only user of my laptop Lenovo Yoga 510 computer. It has Windows 10 operating system and Home Office 365. Every now and then when I try to open a saved file, I get a message 'This file is locked by another user. Should a Read only file be opened'. Since I am the only user, who is this other user who is locking my files? Even in Outlook I get a message 'This message has been changed by another user. Should a copy be saved in the default location?' What should I do to regain control of my computer?

:)

Alok Kapoor, May 21, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 21, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 21, 2019
  4. Scrizz Win User

Someone is taking over control of my Windows 10 Laptop

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, May 21, 2019
Thema:

Someone is taking over control of my Windows 10 Laptop

1. Someone is taking over control of my Windows 10 Laptop - Similar Threads - Someone taking control

2. Problem with Microsoft taking over my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Microsoft taking over my laptop.: Hi, I have a problem to sign in as an administrator account. I log out from my Microsoft account cuz it have the same problem and now on local account. But the problem is I can't do anything as it all under Microsoft corporation. Can't delete file, can't download software or...
  3. Problem with Microsoft taking over my laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Microsoft taking over my laptop.: Hi, I have a problem to sign in as an administrator account. I log out from my Microsoft account cuz it have the same problem and now on local account. But the problem is I can't do anything as it all under Microsoft corporation. Can't delete file, can't download software or...
  4. My taking over a used laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My taking over a used laptop: My rother passed away. He had a relatively new laptop. I have no interest in accessing ms data or MS Account. when you turn on the computer it prompts for a pin. I do not have it. Is there any way to rebot te computer and have it ask to connect to anothe MS Account?...
  5. My taking over a used laptop

My taking over a used laptop: My rother passed away. He had a relatively new laptop. I have no interest in accessing ms data or MS Account. when you turn on the computer it prompts for a pin. I do not have it. Is there any way to rebot te computer and have it ask to connect to anothe MS Account?...
  6. Taking over someone's laptop!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taking over someone's laptop!: Hi again, I have looked after a friends laptop for a number of years. The person bought it at the same time has mine and I set them both up. We are both on Windows 10 22H2 and fully up to date etc. This person hardly uses hers now and is thinking of giving it to me. We have...
  7. Taking over someone's laptop!

Taking over someone's laptop!: Hi again, I have looked after a friends laptop for a number of years. The person bought it at the same time has mine and I set them both up. We are both on Windows 10 22H2 and fully up to date etc. This person hardly uses hers now and is thinking of giving it to me. We have...
  8. Taking over someone's laptop!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. "pc help" keeps taking over my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "pc help" keeps taking over my laptop: In December my laptop windows 10 would not boot up. I sent it in for repair. Basically all they did was a factory reset. Prior to sending it in the tech used pc help to take control of my laptop to try to fix it. Now that I have it back when it sits idle for several minutes...
  10. cortana taking controll of my laptop

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    cortana taking controll of my laptop: Cortana opens internet browser pages up to 15 or more. Closes programs I'm trying to use. Plays sounds, voices and other problem things. Making it almost impossible to use the laptop....