Windows 10: Someone Keeps Joining My Microsoft Family

Discus and support Someone Keeps Joining My Microsoft Family in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; A complete stranger keeps adding themself to my Microsoft Family. I've removed them each time. Should I be concerned?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by waspiestcomb, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Someone Keeps Joining My Microsoft Family

A complete stranger keeps adding themself to my Microsoft Family. I've removed them each time. Should I be concerned?

:)

waspiestcomb, Jan 2, 2020
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Microsoft family features icon on taskbar

Hi,

Microsoft Family Safety is a free parental monitoring app to help make it easier to keep your kids safe online. With Family Safety, you can give them some independence but still keep tabs on their computer activities. Family Safety allows you to:

• See which websites your kids have visited, and which apps and games they’ve used
    • Block or allow websites, apps, games, or other content.
    • Limit the amount of time they can spend on the PC

Since you never set up Microsoft family features on your computer, we suggest that you follow the steps on this

link
    to turn off the family settings in Windows 10.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Jan 2, 2020
  3. Rhudboy Win User
    Microsoft Family

Hi - I've tried to set my son up to join my 'Microsoft Family'

He's received the invitation, actioned it, and can see me when he goes to his family page.

However, when I go to my family page where it lists the members, under his name it just says "Invitation sent to their email. When they accept, they'll join your family."

I've tried to delete him and re-invite but the same thing happens.

Please help

Rhudboy, Jan 2, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Someone Keeps Joining My Microsoft Family

Microsoft Family Screen Time

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This could happen when the child account fails to sync with the server. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open
      File Explorer
      and navigate to the following location:
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls

Note:
      The above mentioned directory is hidden, copy and paste the same location on the search bar in the File Explorer to access it.
    • Delete the contents in the
      \\settings
      directory of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Reboot the machine to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you may want to remove the child account from Microsoft family and add it again.

• To know how to remove an account from Microsoft Family, refer:

Remove members from your family group
    • To know how to add an account to Microsoft Family, refer:

Add members to your family group

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

Someone Keeps Joining My Microsoft Family

1. Someone Keeps Joining My Microsoft Family - Similar Threads - Someone Keeps Joining

2. Family member cannot accept invite to join my MS Family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family member cannot accept invite to join my MS Family: I am trying to add a family member to MS365. After adding the new family member the recipient can see my invite in the family account. Accepting the invitation seems to work but then drops back to the initial screen to accept invite. After trying this multiple times the...
  3. Family member cannot accept invite to join my MS Family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family member cannot accept invite to join my MS Family: I am trying to add a family member to MS365. After adding the new family member the recipient can see my invite in the family account. Accepting the invitation seems to work but then drops back to the initial screen to accept invite. After trying this multiple times the...
  4. Family member cannot accept invite to join my MS Family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. I can not join 365 Microsoft family invitation.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can not join 365 Microsoft family invitation.: Hi. I am wani.I have 2 microsoft accounts that I need to renew. So I subscribed Microsoft 365 Family. I can login with the main account with the new subscription. I tried to add another account into my family account. But I have tried many times, it kept stating the link is...
  6. I can not join 365 Microsoft family invitation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not join 365 Microsoft family invitation.: Hi. I am wani.I have 2 microsoft accounts that I need to renew. So I subscribed Microsoft 365 Family. I can login with the main account with the new subscription. I tried to add another account into my family account. But I have tried many times, it kept stating the link is...
  7. I can not join 365 Microsoft family invitation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Joining a family Member

Joining a family Member: Hello I have MS365. Last week I invited my sister to join our family. She accepted. All was fine until a couple of days ago. She received an email saying she was no longer part of our family. Now today she received an email saying that SHE was inviting herself to join...
  9. Family member cannot accept invite to join my MS Family

Family member cannot accept invite to join my MS Family: Hi, My wife has an MS account. I have logged on to my account and invited her to join the family to benefit from MS 365 as an organiser. It shows under "Notifications" that her invite is pending. The invite did NOT generate an email to my wife. I have left matters for a...
  10. Someone from Microsoft keeps hacking into my PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Someone from Microsoft keeps hacking into my PC: Right that does it... whoever it is from Microsoft that keeps hacking into my PC and removing YTD video downloader - pack it in! 72029