Windows 10: Someone killed cortana and searchUI.exe task from task manager

Discus and support Someone killed cortana and searchUI.exe task from task manager in Cortana to solve the problem; I was so happy with my newly upgraded laptop...but something weird happened after a month... This happened last week when I tried to search paint on... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by CyberableSuper Plasma, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Someone killed cortana and searchUI.exe task from task manager

I was so happy with my newly upgraded laptop...but something weird happened after a month...

This happened last week when I tried to search paint on windows search bar...but it didn't even open... I thought the PC was a little slow so I shut it down... and next day same thing happened. Then I thought that there is a problem. After an hour of search...I found out that Cortana task has been killed also I wasn't able to find searchui.exe task too. As a result, I am not able to use search bar... windows button, action center and right clicking on icons on taskbar doesn't even work. Also I am not able to open Microsoft edge, Windows Defender, Groove Music, Music and TV and not even picture viewer. I have to use old versions of these apps to open them.

Please help me, I have tried a lot of fixes but nothing changed. I hope you can help me. :

:)

CyberableSuper Plasma, Jul 16, 2020
  2. tigger Win User

task manager???

can someone tell me what is going on with my task manager,please.-

Someone killed cortana and searchUI.exe task from task manager [​IMG]

tigger, Jul 16, 2020
  3. infrared Win User
    task manager???

Double click the edge of the task manager *Wink Someone killed cortana and searchUI.exe task from task manager ;)

infrared, Jul 16, 2020
  4. AliEn3 Win User

Someone killed cortana and searchUI.exe task from task manager

SearchUI.exe and Cortana missing Windows 10

Hi

I have Windows 10 and both SearchUI.exe and Cortana are missing. I tried downloading all of the latest updates but it hasn't helped. I had tried initially launching them from the taskbar but they didn't respond, so that's when I checked for updates. They
    still don't respond and I've used the troubleshooter and tried searching online for solutions with no joy. I checked the task manager process list which showed neither are there.

Can someone help with this?

Thanks

Ali

AliEn3, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

Someone killed cortana and searchUI.exe task from task manager

1. Someone killed cortana and searchUI.exe task from task manager - Similar Threads - Someone killed cortana

2. Powershell task kill

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell task kill: I have several meeting rooms setup to empty the Outlook mailbox when its closed. So im trying to have a powershell script close Outlook after office hours but if you PS C:\> Stop-Process -Name "outlook" it just kills outlook where as if you manually close it a prompt comes up...
  3. Powershell task kill

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell task kill: I have several meeting rooms setup to empty the Outlook mailbox when its closed. So im trying to have a powershell script close Outlook after office hours but if you PS C:\> Stop-Process -Name "outlook" it just kills outlook where as if you manually close it a prompt comes up...
  4. Powershell task kill

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Is there a task management tool/setting that permits only restarting but not killing of tasks?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a task management tool/setting that permits only restarting but not killing of tasks?: I am using the anti-distraction app "Freedom blocker" - which, as long as it is running in the background blocks distractions. It comes with a feature that blocks access to task manager for the duration of the block session so youc can't force kill your session. Ideally I...
  6. OVER 20 RunDll32.exe in TASK MANAGER !

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OVER 20 RunDll32.exe in TASK MANAGER !: There are so many RunDLL32.exe in task manager, which slows down the system and even startup and restarts take much time. Help me out. Below is the screen shot from Process Explorer. [ATTACH] Here is the screen shot of startup of task manager sorted using status....
  7. Cortana not working and process suspended in the task manager

in Cortana
    Cortana not working and process suspended in the task manager: Hi, I am having problem while using cortana, whenever I click the icon it starts and when I ask it to do something it always freezes and then closes. When I saw in task manager it shows a green leaf icon and says process is suspended. Please help. I am not able to use...
  8. Cortana has disappeared from task

in Cortana
    Cortana has disappeared from task: Cortana has disappeared from the task area and I don't know how to get her back. Can anyone help please ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-has-disappeared-from-task/45a0bb32-a7da-4431-8434-d213ce8f9186"
  9. Task manager or any system exe is not supported.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task manager or any system exe is not supported.: Hi all, I have been facing this issue for a while, I cannot open task manager or run any application as an administrator. I tried searching a solution but it involved sfc scan on cmd as an administrator. Finally, I decided to reset my PC and start new. Just finished...
  10. Task manager showing suspended processes for cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task manager showing suspended processes for cortana: I just did a fresh install and update to 1803 Task manager showing suspended processes for cortana And she’ll experience and background host for cortana What can cause this? 114460