Windows 10: Someone or Something Deleting Music Files

Discus and support Someone or Something Deleting Music Files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have reviewed the answers to this in the Community and don't have an answer yet. I rip my CDs to the PC so I don't have to keep my music library... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Clifftoo, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Clifftoo Win User

Someone or Something Deleting Music Files

I have reviewed the answers to this in the Community and don't have an answer yet. I rip my CDs to the PC so I don't have to keep my music library close to the workstation because it is sizeable. But when I try to listen in Windows Media Player most of the files are not there. For example, I ripped a couple George Thorogood CDs and now have only five songs in the folder. This appears to be an ongoing problem with Microsoft. Are they ignoring it because they can't come up with a solution or provide an answer that non-Microsoft tech savvy people can discern? I want my files safeguarded from someone or something.

:)

Clifftoo, Mar 23, 2020

2. Deleted music files

A bunch of my music files have been deleted. I accessed iTunes, where I first noticed a ton were gone. Then I followed some steps to get older libraries back, but the actual music files were all missing. How do I get these files back? Most of the hard
    discs that the music came from are long gone.

AlexFrance, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Mar 23, 2020
  4. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Someone or Something Deleting Music Files - Similar Threads - Someone Something Deleting

2. When I delete the Music file in one directory, all the other music files in other...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I delete the Music file in one directory, all the other music files in other...: I'm trying to remove an old top-level folder. When I delete the Window default Music file shown in the folder. All the other Music files in other folder and directories stop working. When I click on them, I get a message "Location is not available". C:\User\Steve\Music is...
  3. When I delete the Music file in one directory, all the other music files in other...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I delete the Music file in one directory, all the other music files in other...: I'm trying to remove an old top-level folder. When I delete the Window default Music file shown in the folder. All the other Music files in other folder and directories stop working. When I click on them, I get a message "Location is not available". C:\User\Steve\Music is...
  4. Groove Music Deleted and Lost Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Groove Music Deleted and Lost Files: My Dell Inspiron 3670 needed a new motherboard. The tech came and put one in. Now I have lost almost every single music file I had downloaded and Groove Music is no longer appearing as a program on my computer.I didn't ask for the files to be associated with Groove Music...
  5. Groove Music Deleted and Lost Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Groove Music Deleted and Lost Files: My Dell Inspiron 3670 needed a new motherboard. The tech came and put one in. Now I have lost almost every single music file I had downloaded and Groove Music is no longer appearing as a program on my computer.I didn't ask for the files to be associated with Groove Music...
  6. Groove Music Deleted and Lost Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can someone help me with something?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can someone help me with something?: Because I don't have alot of space on my Xiaomi redmi note 7, I want to transfer my photos and videos to a usb stick using my computer. How can I do that? submitted by /u/geovasilop [link] [comments]...
  8. Deleted something

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Deleted something: My son has an Acer laptop. In an attempt to make more space, it appears he deleted something ne shouldnt have. Now it wont start up. It starts, but none of the programs load. I click on the windows menu and nothing. Even trying to use the window button, nothing. Any ideas on...
  9. music files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    music files: unable to play my old music files in my WMP library-"files missing media usage rights" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/music-files/88514a12-7fda-4c95-85f1-dc4e9d5487aa"
  10. Music Files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Music Files: How do I stop windows from automatically deleting properties from my MP3 files after I download them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/music-files/5c85c337-9d00-48d5-a0aa-228d29a4989f