Windows 10: Someone Please HELP. Email Settings need update .. For Yahoo mail account

Discus and support Someone Please HELP. Email Settings need update .. For Yahoo mail account in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I need help please. I am no longer getting my email when I click on the mail icon on my entry screen. It says my email settings need to be updated. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Janet Ferguson, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Someone Please HELP. Email Settings need update .. For Yahoo mail account

I need help please. I am no longer getting my email when I click on the mail icon on my entry screen. It says my email settings need to be updated. I have done everything that all the answers here have said and it still is not working. Have done all the updates and still the same. I keep getting the error no matter what I do. I can get it by going through the microsoft web account, but this morning I only got a few of them there and the rest were just grey highlited lines. I NEED MY EMAIL. Please someone help!!!

:)

Janet Ferguson, Oct 15, 2020

2. Yahoo mail - alternative accounts

Sounds promising, I have a Gmail account. How do I verify the Yahoo account using it ?

I have sent several Gmails to john @yahoo.com, but all I get are mail failure emails back saying the account is not available. I also did this with OE a few times with the same result.

Why `o why can`t Yahoo be more explicit in their instructions. I am no dummy, but I give in on this one.

Bald Eagle, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Mustang Win User
    Yahoo account won't receive mail

I've started using Mail app in Wndows 10 on a trial basis, on my desktop PC.

I've added my Yahoo mail account and can send emails but cannot receive them.

I tried using a solution offered in a post on another thread, by logging into my Yahoo account, and going to security to add a specific password for my account for apps, but cannot find any option to do this.

The only option it offers is to use/disable less secure options.

Any help would be appreciated.

Update: Mail started being received 30 minutes after I had sent it from another email client.

Gripes about Mail app:

• Emails can't be saved to desktop
    • Font defaults can't be set size and text chosen, eg Arial

Mustang, Oct 15, 2020
  4. stevehero Win User

Someone Please HELP. Email Settings need update .. For Yahoo mail account

error 0x8007042b when adding a Yahoo Mail account to MS Mail App

I went this route and added passwords for yahoo mail. I might try this method above to get gmail to buck up! *Tongue

@Bastet, this is probably what you were referring to the whole time.

YAHOO MAIL FIX
    2FA needs to be enabled which it already was and just follow these steps below.

1. In yahoo mails account security, click on manage app passwords.

Someone Please HELP. Email Settings need update .. For Yahoo mail account [​IMG]

2. After selecting other app and entering the new app name in the text box

Someone Please HELP. Email Settings need update .. For Yahoo mail account [​IMG]

3. Now, in Windows 10 mail app, add this type of account.

4. In Windows 10 mail app, enter your details and the password generated by step 2.

Fully functional mail app again.

GMAIL FIX

Now similar steps to setting up Gmail. Here I'll only go through the Gmail steps as Windows Mail App setup is the exact same.

Follow this jpeg below, all steps are merged as there's a 5 attachment limit.

- - - Updated - - -

I've edited it to show the solution for Gmail also.

stevehero, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

Someone Please HELP. Email Settings need update .. For Yahoo mail account

1. Someone Please HELP. Email Settings need update .. For Yahoo mail account - Similar Threads - Someone Please HELP

2. Could not set up Yahoo as default email account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Could not set up Yahoo as default email account: After clicking to agree I get this error screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/could-not-set-up-yahoo-as-default-email-account/33d9b581-fd06-4d66-b9f2-931018c4e737
  3. need help from someone please hurry!!

need help from someone please hurry!!: hello!I’ve already looked this up on windows website about this but it didn’t have an answer I was looking for because it wasn’t working on my laptop. I have had my laptop for and I forgot my pin number so I changed it but the change didn’t go through I guess I don’t know...
  4. Cannot add Yahoo email account to Windows 10 mail

Cannot add Yahoo email account to Windows 10 mail: I am trying to add my Yahoo email account to the Windows 10 mail app. I go into 'Manage Accounts' and click the 'Add Account' option.I receive the pop up window to add account. I select 'Yahoo!'.The 'Connecting to a service' window opens - showing the Yahoo! sign in window.I...
  5. Yahoo Mail Needs Fixing

Yahoo Mail Needs Fixing: I have Windows 10 and Yahoo mail said it needed to be fixed. I followed the instructions and downloaded the Windows 10 update and I still get an error message when trying to fix the Yahoo mail account that says Something Went Wrong and Error Code 0x8019019a. Anyone else...
  6. Linking Yahoo Account to Mail

Linking Yahoo Account to Mail: Hello, I just bought a new Dell computer after having an Macbook and I am attempting to link my yahoo account onto the microsoft mail app. My gmail linked perfectly but every time I attempt to add yahoo, I get an error code 0x8019019a and a message that says "Something...
  7. Updating yahoo email account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating yahoo email account: I am unable to do so after going through the motion of signing in and this is what happens. What is 0x8019019a? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updating-yahoo-email-account/e46c7642-158b-4cc8-9d3a-d10c4154fb41
  8. YAHOO MAIL and email apps

in Browsers and Email
    YAHOO MAIL and email apps: I see from searching there are others who have a problem similar but not the same as mine. For no reason Windows started to report that accounts in the Windows Mail app needed fixing. Google was not affected but Outlook and Yahoo were and many attempts to fix them failed. The...
  9. email setting help needed

in Browsers and Email
    email setting help needed: I have just got a new laptop with windows 10 installed I am not getting emails in the mail centre or the action centre despite that option turned on how do I get my emails to appear in action centre ????? 32554
  10. Updating Yahoo Email Account

in Browsers and Email
    Updating Yahoo Email Account: I have sync'ed my Yahoo email account with Outlook and Gmail. Worked great for a while but am now receiving a message saying "Your Yahoo email settings need to be updated". Can't send or receive with Yahoo email unless I go direct to Yahoo email with my browser. Need some...