Windows 10: Someone PLEASE help me figure out why W10 isn't working right on my PC

Discus and support Someone PLEASE help me figure out why W10 isn't working right on my PC in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just bought Windows 10 since it was time for an upgrade; a couple games I have aren't supported on Windows 7, and W7 doesn't offer support anyways.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Symphoniess, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Someone PLEASE help me figure out why W10 isn't working right on my PC

I just bought Windows 10 since it was time for an upgrade; a couple games I have aren't supported on Windows 7, and W7 doesn't offer support anyways. However upon upgrading to Windows 10 (clean install; W7 files are still under Windows.old), my computer was incredibly slow, as in XP era. Even simple games like Among Us skip around when played or when graphics pop up on the screen, and are absolutely terrible. Can take up to near 40 minutes for Windows explorer to launch upon logging in, and as I'm typing this I've been waiting for a good 15 minutes for the logon screen. I have no idea what is causing this or what to do. I've tried everything I could think of.

Specs are 2TB Barracuda HHD (main drive), Hitachi 1TB drive (backup HDD that is currently losing sectors, recycled from an old office computer) 12GB DDR3 RAM (also recycled from an old PC), Gigabyte AM3+ Motherboard (GA-970A-DS3P), AMD FX-8350 8-Core CPU, and a GTX 1050Ti (I can't afford upgrading any of the parts here, otherwise they would be gone). I've installed all latest Windows updates, Keyboard/Mouse drivers, Realtek sound drivers, and Nvidia drivers and control panel. I've installed the drivers for the monitor manually (AOC Q27G2G4), and the CD for my motherboard broke, so I'm unsure if that had drivers on it or not; however I checked the site and most dirvers were not for W10. I've tried a fresh install of Windows 10 via USB, but that did nothing. I am thinking it's on the driver side of everything since things slow down before even logging in, but I don't know.

Please help. I'm absolutely at a loss and I have no idea what's causing this, and I don't want to money I paid for the OS to be a waste. My specs do meet Windows 10 requirements.

submitted by /u/Symphoniess
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Symphoniess, Oct 14, 2020

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Oct 14, 2020
  3. Jakub578 Win User
    Cortana isn´t working

When I hit enter, it did something, but there´s still no Cortana, even after restart. So I tried it again, but now it says that it failed, because it´s already installed and it´s working in PC. So it should work, but Cortana still isn´t here.

Jakub578, Oct 14, 2020
  4. jmcslob Win User

Someone PLEASE help me figure out why W10 isn't working right on my PC

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Someone PLEASE help me figure out why W10 isn't working right on my PC :cool:

jmcslob, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

Someone PLEASE help me figure out why W10 isn't working right on my PC

1. Someone PLEASE help me figure out why W10 isn't working right on my PC - Similar Threads - Someone PLEASE help

2. Can someone help me figure out why my laptop is running slow?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone help me figure out why my laptop is running slow?: I will start off by saying that my LaptopAlienware M17 was running perfectly fine over a week ago.Recently my PC started running incredibly slow. I'll go to open my file explorer and I'll be waiting over a minute for it to open. I go to launch a game off steam it'll take 2 or...
  3. Can someone help me figure out why my laptop is running slow?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can someone help me figure out why my laptop is running slow?: I will start off by saying that my LaptopAlienware M17 was running perfectly fine over a week ago.Recently my PC started running incredibly slow. I'll go to open my file explorer and I'll be waiting over a minute for it to open. I go to launch a game off steam it'll take 2 or...
  4. I need someone to please help me figure out why I cant get on websites on my computer.

I need someone to please help me figure out why I cant get on websites on my computer.: Please help me figure out why I cant get on websites I use all the time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-someone-to-please-help-me-figure-out-why-i/16cf979e-6b0c-4875-b905-25e3279c70c0
  5. Please can someone help me out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please can someone help me out.: My problem is when I start my laptop it automatically goes to preparing automatic repairThen it goes to a black screen with a mouse cursor for 5-10 minsAfter it goes to diagnosing your PC straight into "repairing disk errors. this might take over an hour to complete". After a...
  6. Please can someone help me out.

Please can someone help me out.: My problem is when I start my laptop it automatically goes to preparing automatic repairThen it goes to a black screen with a mouse cursor for 5-10 minsAfter it goes to diagnosing your PC straight into "repairing disk errors. this might take over an hour to complete". After a...
  7. Please can someone help me out.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. someone please help me out with these

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    someone please help me out with these: I can't find any solution for this kindly help me out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/someone-please-help-me-out-with-these/9f750082-f918-46e1-86fa-97a28de8da3d
  9. Can someone please help me figure out why my wired controller doesn't get recognised by...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can someone please help me figure out why my wired controller doesn't get recognised by...: The controller is being detected as a Xbox 360 Peripheral in the device manager. Every time I connect it, I get the usual 'connected' tune and the LEDs on the controller lit up. But, when I start a game, the controller doesn't work. Sometimes, it works on the starting screen,...
  10. Someone please help me out!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Someone please help me out!!: I had switched to Cloudready(Chrome os) from WIN 10 and now want to return to Win 10. I tried making a bootable usb but worked only the first time and later showed some driver problem. But after trying multiple times the USB doesn't appear in Boot options. I want WIN...