Windows 10: Someone/Something is changing my account type from administrator to standard

Discus and support Someone/Something is changing my account type from administrator to standard in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Due to problems I'm having being unknowingly signed up for Azure and AAD, which I was working on today and which I will address here later when I learn... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Terrawriter, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Someone/Something is changing my account type from administrator to standard

Due to problems I'm having being unknowingly signed up for Azure and AAD, which I was working on today and which I will address here later when I learn more about it I stumbled across this problem that I cannot fix. I am the only user on this lonely unattached laptop. I work as an independent journalist using Windows 10 Pro. I discovered my account was changed from an Administrator account to a Standard account when I could not perform certain tasks today.

I went to Local Users and Groups, Users and under my account I am listed under both the Administrators group and the Users group (I configured it only under the Administrators group). I removed the Users group only to find it replaced itself. Where do I go to override that setting? I need to take care of that. Then I will spend a few days familiarizing myself with the hacking that is being done via this whole Azure and AAD thing. I have Office 365 Personal for one machine, but I was tipped off today to SMB activity... I'll save it for the next post. Thank you so much. Terri Hansen.

:)

Terrawriter, Sep 13, 2018
  2. Edgar Pan Win User

changing standard account to administrative account

Hi Kiran,

These changes cannot be made with a standard account. Since you changed the administrator account to a standard one, you will not be able to make any changes that affect other users on the computer.

If there is another administrator account on the computer, we suggest to login using that account and change your account to administrative account.

Follow the steps below on how to change your standard account to administrative account:

1. On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.

2. Click on User Accounts in Large Icons View.

3. Click on Manage another account.

4. Click on the standard account.

5. Click on Change Account Type and select Administrator.

6. Click on Change Account Type button and restart the computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Edgar Pan, Sep 13, 2018
  3. I don't have an administrator account and i have two accounts and they are both standard account.

Hi,

As per your description, I understand that you have two standard accounts in your computer and you want to convert the account to Administrator account.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the standard account to administrator and check if it helps.

• Press ‘Windows+X’ and go to ‘Control panel’.
    • Locate ‘User Accounts’ and click on it.
    • Click on ‘Change your account type’ and check the option
      ‘Administrator’ then click on ‘Change account type’.
    • Now your account will be changed as Administrator account.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Sep 13, 2018
  4. Someone/Something is changing my account type from administrator to standard

How to change the administrator to a standard account.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

I would suggest you to try these steps after enabling the Built-in Administrator Account.

Step 1: Enable Built-in Administrator Account.

a) Press Windows and x
    key together on your desktop screen.

b) Click on Command Prompt (admin).

c) Type: net user administrator /active: yes

Note: Please follow the same steps and type
    net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

After enabling Built-in admin, please try with the steps below:

Step 2: Try to change the account type of other accounts from Built-in Administrator Account.

I would suggest you to try the steps under the section “Can I make changes to someone else's user account?” in the following article.

User accounts: FAQ

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Sep 13, 2018
Thema:

Someone/Something is changing my account type from administrator to standard

1. Someone/Something is changing my account type from administrator to standard - Similar Threads - Someone Something changing

2. I changed my account type from administrator to standard and failed to change it back

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I changed my account type from administrator to standard and failed to change it back: I was trying to disable adaptive brightness but couldn't find the option.I thought that this option was only provided when the account type is standard. I changed my account type and failed to change my account type back to administrator. Now, whenever i select an option in...
  3. I changed my account type from administrator to standard and failed to change it back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I changed my account type from administrator to standard and failed to change it back: I was trying to disable adaptive brightness but couldn't find the option.I thought that this option was only provided when the account type is standard. I changed my account type and failed to change my account type back to administrator. Now, whenever i select an option in...
  4. I changed my account type from administrator to standard and failed to change it back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how to change from administrator account to standard account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change from administrator account to standard account: I would like to change from an administrator account to a standard account. Is there a way to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-from-administrator-account-to/429d068f-5f2e-484e-a2f1-c37592200845
  6. how to change from administrator account to standard account

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to change from administrator account to standard account: I would like to change from an administrator account to a standard account. Is there a way to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-from-administrator-account-to/429d068f-5f2e-484e-a2f1-c37592200845
  7. i changed my account type from administrator to standard account

i changed my account type from administrator to standard account: hai, please someone help me, im having problem, im changing my account type from administrator to standard account, and i want to change it again to the administrator but i cant open the netplwiz so please someone help me...
  8. Change Account type from Administrator to Standard

Change Account type from Administrator to Standard: How do I change Account type from Administrator to Standard? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-account-type-from-administrator-to-standard/0bb78dea-dd6e-4e42-b949-ff40def4d648
  9. Changing a user account from standard to administration

Changing a user account from standard to administration: Yesterday as I was going through my laptop I happened to change my user account from administrator to standard and now i cant reverse it back to admin as it does not allow me to make the change. Please i really need help as i cannot install anything on my laptop....
  10. Change from standard account to administrator account

Change from standard account to administrator account: I was setting on my admin account to stardard account. Now I cannot install any program.. I don't have full control to my pc. Please tell me how to change back to orginal setting....