Windows 10: someone tell me how i can permanently disable automatic updates so i can choose when and if...

Discus and support someone tell me how i can permanently disable automatic updates so i can choose when and if... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; its reaaally starting to piss me off that windows updates without permission and whenever it feels like it sometimes. submitted by /u/FinalCartoon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FinalCartoon, Jan 13, 2021.

1. someone tell me how i can permanently disable automatic updates so i can choose when and if...

its reaaally starting to piss me off that windows updates without permission and whenever it feels like it sometimes.

submitted by /u/FinalCartoon
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FinalCartoon, Jan 13, 2021
  2. DaveM121 Win User

how to permanently disable windows 10 automatic updates,

Hi Ezequíaz, complete the 3 steps below to permanently stop Windows 10 Automatic Updates:

Open the Settings App

Go to Accounts - Sign-in Options

Choose to sign in with a Local Account rather than a Microsoft Account.

In the Settings App

Go to Network and Internet

Set your WiFi connection as Metered

Click your Start Button, type services and hit ENTER

Scroll down the list of services to find Windows Update

Double click the service

If it has started, click 'Stop'

Then you must set its startup type to 'Disabled' - 'Manual' will not do!

Restart your PC

That's It!

DaveM121, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jan 13, 2021
  4. jbunch07 Win User

someone tell me how i can permanently disable automatic updates so i can choose when and if...

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile someone tell me how i can permanently disable automatic updates so i can choose when and if... :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

someone tell me how i can permanently disable automatic updates so i can choose when and if...

1. someone tell me how i can permanently disable automatic updates so i can choose when and if... - Similar Threads - someone tell permanently

2. Can someone tell me what this is?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can someone tell me what this is?: Can someone tell me what this is ? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-tell-me-what-this-is/979e5309-7648-4832-9520-55361777e07c
  3. Can someone tell me what this is?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone tell me what this is?: Can someone tell me what this is ? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-tell-me-what-this-is/979e5309-7648-4832-9520-55361777e07c
  4. Can someone tell me what this is?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can someone tell me is this true?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can someone tell me is this true?: I have got this problem.First I tried to login my gmail using this laptop.But here was the resultSo I tried using avast to solve this issue.But this was the result.Were these true?Is the hacker hacked mine?Please help me....
  6. Can you tell me how i can download? Can you tell me how i can download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you tell me how i can download? Can you tell me how i can download: Can you tell me how i can download? Can you tell me how i can download a desktop/screensaver with current, real time weather wallpaper for my desktop windows pc? free? Thank you?...
  7. Can someone tell how to permanently disable window 10 updates?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can someone tell how to permanently disable window 10 updates?: Seriously man, I feel like breaking my laptop apart since window updates are ruining my precious time each time I open my laptop to do something serious. I am now fade up. I will buy something else than using microsoft and its services. It is really frustrating, I have...
  8. Can someone tell me how to fix this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can someone tell me how to fix this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/WlDEPutin [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ks70ev/can_someone_tell_me_how_to_fix_this/
  9. Can someone tell me how to disable Windows Ink Workspace?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can someone tell me how to disable Windows Ink Workspace?: I'm talking disable, not hide. I'm using Windows 10 Home, so local group policy editor is something I cannot use. I've been in talks with Microsoft over the get help app, twitter, and phone. They just tell me stuff I've already tried by googling. I really don't know how to...
  10. How can I disable automatic updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can I disable automatic updates?: I would have thought Windows 10 was intelligent enough to abide by the "active hours" criteria in update settings. However, I cam into my business today at 2pm(active hours set for 8-5), all to find my system said it was preparing to install updates. Must have been a huge...