Windows 10: Someone took control of my mouse through a website. I shut my computer off after the hacker...

Discus and support Someone took control of my mouse through a website. I shut my computer off after the hacker... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I don't know if this is a one time thing or not. Please help submitted by /u/Retrakk210 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Retrakk210, May 29, 2020.

1. Someone took control of my mouse through a website. I shut my computer off after the hacker...

I don't know if this is a one time thing or not. Please help

submitted by /u/Retrakk210
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Retrakk210, May 29, 2020

2. After shutting down the system, moving mouse will turn on the computer

Hi Fatboi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let me help you to fix the issue

To understand the issue better, I would like to know what is the make and model of the computer?

The issue you are facing could be due to the mouse/display driver is being outdated. Let’s try the simple troubleshooting methods and check if it helps resolving the issue.

Method 1.

For the issue with mouse try the below steps and check if this helps.

Step 1.

I would suggest you to run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on Hardware and sound under Troubleshoot computer problems.

• Click on Hardware and devices under Devices.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware and devices dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).
    • Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Also follow the below methods to update mouse driver.

Step 2.

I recommend you to update the USB mouse driver manually and check. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + R and type
      devmgmt.msc
      and hit the Enter.

• Go into Device Manager and click on
      Mice and other pointing devices

• Right click on the Mouse and click on properties.
    • Now click on Driver tab and locate for the Update Driver and click on it.
    Method 2.

I suggest you to update the Display driver from Device Manager manually and check if this helps. Follow the below steps:

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

• Expand “Display Adaptor”.

• Right click on the driver device and select
      update.

• Once update is done, restart the computer.
    If the above method did not help to fix the issue, try the below method.

Method 3.

Go to the computer manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for all the devices on the computer and then install them by following the instructions given in the website. And let us know the status.

Hope it helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, May 29, 2020
  3. Mouse will not connect to computer

Hi Michael,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know what is the make and model of the naga mouse?

The issue you are facing could be due to the mouse driver is outdated. Let’s try simple steps and check if it helps in resolving the issue. I would suggest you to update the mouse driver and check if it helps. Follow the below steps:

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

• Click and expand “Universal serial bus controller”.

• Right click on the mouse device driver and select
      update.

• Once update is done, restart the computer.
    If the issue still persist you also visit the mouse manufacturer website and download the latest updated mouse driver and install the same.

Hope it helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, May 29, 2020
  4. Someone took control of my mouse through a website. I shut my computer off after the hacker...

HACKERS ARE CONTROLING MY COMPUTER

Please help!! I am 80 years old but smart. Hackers took over my computer over three years or more . They have stolen my private research and are selling it. No one has helped me so far. PMC

SAD&UNHAPPY, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Someone took control of my mouse through a website. I shut my computer off after the hacker...

1. Someone took control of my mouse through a website. I shut my computer off after the hacker... - Similar Threads - Someone took control

2. how do I get hackers off of my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I get hackers off of my computer: how do I get hackers off of my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-hackers-off-of-my-computer/7dc0ed06-74d4-495a-b85a-84616b9224bd
  3. how do I get hackers off of my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I get hackers off of my computer: how do I get hackers off of my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-hackers-off-of-my-computer/7dc0ed06-74d4-495a-b85a-84616b9224bd
  4. how do I get hackers off of my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Is my computer safe after a hacker?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my computer safe after a hacker?: My other computer was hacked with the pop up message from Microsoft, I uninstalled all the apps they told me to download once I found out it was a scam. Is my computer safe? It has been running really slow since then. Should I bring in somewhere? I do a lot of business work...
  6. Is my computer safe after a hacker?

Is my computer safe after a hacker?: My other computer was hacked with the pop up message from Microsoft, I uninstalled all the apps they told me to download once I found out it was a scam. Is my computer safe? It has been running really slow since then. Should I bring in somewhere? I do a lot of business work...
  7. Need to get hackers off my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to get hackers off my computer: My computer has been hacked. I have reset my pc twice and the hacker comes back each time. Below is the activity I am seeing in Comodo.Computer HP 445 G7 running Windows 10KB5017308 update failed multiple times. 0x8007000d.Msedge.exe UDP OUT destination:...
  8. Need to get hackers off my computer

Need to get hackers off my computer: My computer has been hacked. I have reset my pc twice and the hacker comes back each time. Below is the activity I am seeing in Comodo.Computer HP 445 G7 running Windows 10KB5017308 update failed multiple times. 0x8007000d.Msedge.exe UDP OUT destination:...
  9. Need to get hackers off my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Hacker taking control of my computer?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hacker taking control of my computer?: Hi, about 40 minutes ago i was playing a game of rainbow six siege on my computer when in the chat i started posting messages not even written by me. This was very confronting so i immediately unpluged the ethenet cable and closed the game. I started a full scan on my...