Windows 10: someone who I dont know nor didnt invite is on my family account and I am the "child" so...

Discus and support someone who I dont know nor didnt invite is on my family account and I am the "child" so... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; for the past couple months there has been a random person on my microsoft family account and I just recently started getting popups and im obviously... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by KassiusTyrkalo-Roy, Sep 20, 2019.

1. someone who I dont know nor didnt invite is on my family account and I am the "child" so...

for the past couple months there has been a random person on my microsoft family account and I just recently started getting popups and im obviously not gonna verify them I never added this person nor can I remove them easily

:)

KassiusTyrkalo-Roy, Sep 20, 2019
  2. Ferdz Amp Win User

Problems adding a child on the family account

Hello,

We're here to help.

You might be facing this issue due to the account is not configured properly.
    Kindly refer to the steps below on how to reconfigure your
    Family Safety feature for your Windows 10 device.

To remove a child

• From a web browser, go to
      http://account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with the Microsoft account of an adult in the family.
    • To remove a child, choose Remove at the top of the section labeled
      Select a child to view or edit their settings.
    • Select the person you want to remove from the family.
    • Select the Remove button that appears when you've chosen the person to remove.

To add a child to your family

• Sign in at
      account.microsoft.com/family
    • If this is your first time setting up a family, select Add a child.

If you've already added child accounts to your family, go to Select a child to view or edit their settings and then select
      Add.
    • Enter your child's email address and select Send invite. If your child doesn't have an email address, select
      Create a new email address for your child and follow the instructions on the screen.

Your child will need to accept the invite from their email.

Do note, you need to accept the email invitation from a device with the Child account currently logged in.

Let us know how it goes and we will be glad to assist you further.

Ferdz Amp, Sep 20, 2019
  3. Not to Accept Invitation from a Child Account

Hi Timothy,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let me try to help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple steps and check if it helps in resolving the issue. I would suggest you to remove the child account from family safety and add it again. Follow the below steps to remove the child account.

• To remove a child, choose Remove at the top of the section labeled Select a child to view or edit their settings.

• To remove an adult, including the account you used to sign in with, choose Remove at the top of the Adults section. If you're the only adult in the family, you'll need to remove all the kids before you can remove yourself.

• Select the person you want to remove from the family.
    • Select the Remove button that appears when you've chosen the person to remove.
    Once you remove the account, try to add the account again and check it helps.

https://account.microsoft.com/family#/

Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 20, 2019
  4. someone who I dont know nor didnt invite is on my family account and I am the "child" so...

child in ms family - resend the invitation

Hi Sudibar,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if there is issue while resending the child invitation.

In order to help you better, please provide the information:

1. Are you able to see the child account on family list in the family safety website?

2. Are you getting any error message when you try to resend the invitation to child's email address?

Refer to the below methods and check if it helps.

I suggest you to run the family safety troubleshooter and check if it helps.

http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9836307

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 20, 2019
Thema:

someone who I dont know nor didnt invite is on my family account and I am the "child" so...

1. someone who I dont know nor didnt invite is on my family account and I am the "child" so... - Similar Threads - someone dont nor

2. im in a microsoft family with someone i dont know. i dont know how to leave the family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    im in a microsoft family with someone i dont know. i dont know how to leave the family: i dont know how long ive been in it with this person but i just found out i was in it after trying to launch brave browser and failing because its blocked by family featureswhat do?...
  3. im in a microsoft family with someone i dont know. i dont know how to leave the family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    im in a microsoft family with someone i dont know. i dont know how to leave the family: i dont know how long ive been in it with this person but i just found out i was in it after trying to launch brave browser and failing because its blocked by family featureswhat do?...
  4. so my laptop didnt come with a box and i dont know the product key and i need to activate...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    so my laptop didnt come with a box and i dont know the product key and i need to activate...: so my laptop didnt come with a box and i dont know the product key and i need to activate the windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-my-laptop-didnt-come-with-a-box-and-i-dont-know/947e2128-ea2b-43f9-8cb8-2bad7295acad
  5. so my laptop didnt come with a box and i dont know the product key and i need to activate...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    so my laptop didnt come with a box and i dont know the product key and i need to activate...: so my laptop didnt come with a box and i dont know the product key and i need to activate the windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-my-laptop-didnt-come-with-a-box-and-i-dont-know/947e2128-ea2b-43f9-8cb8-2bad7295acad
  6. so my laptop didnt come with a box and i dont know the product key and i need to activate...

7. I am unable to consent my childs account or add it to family account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I am unable to consent my childs account or add it to family account: I have attempted to consent my childs account numerous ways and have contacted Microsoft with the same issue with no outcomeRef no. 11051116689I get an error message saying something has gone wrong, its not you it's us.My child is not able to access her new computer which I...
  8. I am unable to consent my childs account or add it to family account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to consent my childs account or add it to family account: I have attempted to consent my childs account numerous ways and have contacted Microsoft with the same issue with no outcomeRef no. 11051116689I get an error message saying something has gone wrong, its not you it's us.My child is not able to access her new computer which I...
  9. I am unable to consent my childs account or add it to family account

10. Cannot invite my child to our Microsoft Family account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot invite my child to our Microsoft Family account: Hi there, since two weeks I cannot invite my childs e-mail to our Microsoft Family account. After I click on inviting and write in the e-mail address I want to invite I get the error massage "The error is not in your PC. Wait some minutes and try again." See the error...