Windows 10: Someone's obnoxious wifi network name with emoji showing in my list of networks. How do I...

Discus and support Someone's obnoxious wifi network name with emoji showing in my list of networks. How do I... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem with an other people's annoying and obnoxious wifi name showing in my networks area. I have already found a solution here to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by benedict kuashieagbenyenu, Jan 8, 2022.

1. Someone's obnoxious wifi network name with emoji showing in my list of networks. How do I...

Hello, I have a problem with an other people's annoying and obnoxious wifi name showing in my networks area. I have already found a solution here to block it. But the issue is the name needed to hide or block the network contains special characters like emojis, and I dont know how to input those to block it. i need help with other methods in blocking this annoying thing.

:)

benedict kuashieagbenyenu, Jan 8, 2022

2. Strange names showing in Network Profiles on AVG Firewall

Some strange network names have been showing in my AVG Network Profiles list, that are not listed on the "known network" list on my windows 10 PC:

DIRECT-MHDESKTOP-DVFUTVPmsGH

DIRECT-XgDESKTOP-DVFUTVPmsQJ

DIRECT-LDDESKTOP-DVFUTVPCRTH

(my PC name is DVFUTVP)

Some posts online seem to suggest they are something to do with "Direct Desktop Connection" although I have never used this to connect to anything, only to wifi networks (all others on the list recognised) or bluetooth devices

Does anybody know why these could be showing up / what they are?

LukeO'Connor1, Jan 8, 2022
  3. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Jan 8, 2022
  4. Someone's obnoxious wifi network name with emoji showing in my list of networks. How do I...

Wifi network not showing up in list of available networks

Hi,

My name is Angel. I am an Independent Advisor. Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

If your computer can connect to the previous WiFi networks automatically, but there are no network names showing on the network list, then this could be an issue with the network discovery. To check if this is the case, open the Control Panel, go to Network
    and Internet, click Network Sharing Center, and click Advanced sharing settings, then check if the Network discovery is on. If it's not, select Turn on network discovery, then click Save changes.

If the issue persist after enabling the network discovery, you can follow other helpful steps from this article: Fix network connection issues in Windows 10.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/10741/...

Source:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Hope the information provided is useful. If the issue persists, reply here and we will be glad to help you.

Angel.

AngelCarreno, Jan 8, 2022
Thema:

Someone's obnoxious wifi network name with emoji showing in my list of networks. How do I...

1. Someone's obnoxious wifi network name with emoji showing in my list of networks. How do I... - Similar Threads - Someone's obnoxious wifi

2. Only MY WiFi network won't show on the list of available networks.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only MY WiFi network won't show on the list of available networks.: So I recently did a factory reset on my MSI windows 10 laptop and when it asks to connect to a network it it shows every available network besides my home network. I have searched the internet and have tried multiple possible solutions, but none work. Also I have a few...
  3. Only MY WiFi network won't show on the list of available networks.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only MY WiFi network won't show on the list of available networks.: So I recently did a factory reset on my MSI windows 10 laptop and when it asks to connect to a network it it shows every available network besides my home network. I have searched the internet and have tried multiple possible solutions, but none work. Also I have a few...
  4. Only MY WiFi network won't show on the list of available networks.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Someone's obnoxious wifi network name with emoji showing in my list of networks. How do I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Someone's obnoxious wifi network name with emoji showing in my list of networks. How do I...: Hello, I have a problem with an other people's annoying and obnoxious wifi name showing in my networks area. I have already found a solution here to block it. But the issue is the name needed to hide or block the network contains special characters like emojis, and I dont...
  6. WiFi - Unwanted networks listed in networks list, in particular one named "virus.exe". Need...

WiFi - Unwanted networks listed in networks list, in particular one named "virus.exe". Need...: WiFi - Unwanted networks listed in the networks list, in particular, one named "virus.exe". Need a simple direct way to completely delete. These are not known networks so the FORGET option does not work. I can't even get the vast majority of the unknown networks to list when...
  7. how to remove name of old wifi from my network list

how to remove name of old wifi from my network list: Hi I replaced my router with a new router - however the name of the old router is still showing when i click the bottom right Internet Access Icon in Windows (it also appears on my Android mobile?! ... I have tried: Settings> Networks & Internet> WiFi> Manage Known Networks...
  8. Wifi network not showing up in list of available networks

Wifi network not showing up in list of available networks: One of my family members recently gave me a factory-reset Toshiba laptop. When I try to connect it to my house's wifi network, the network does not show up in the list of available networks. Any idea what's causing this, or how to fix it?...
  9. All of sudden my wifi network is not showing in the available wifi networks list

All of sudden my wifi network is not showing in the available wifi networks list: Hi Team, For understanding purpose I am naming my wifi connection as A and other connections are B,C,D,E,F,..etc Laptop and mobile are in same room Laptop connected to wifi A Mobile connected to wifi A all of sudden Laptop disconnected to wifi and couldn't able for...
  10. Wifi Network Not Showing in List

Wifi Network Not Showing in List: Hello, We had a power outage yesterday that reset our router to factory default settings. We fixed the router and not is is using the name/pw we want but while I see the router/network on my laptop (chromebook) and can connect to it just fine, I can't see the...