Windows 10: Something about CCleaner

Discus and support Something about CCleaner in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So they added this new "healthcheck" feature and WHENEVER I do that it always says that there is 1 tracker to remove. I click it, it gets removed and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/treeclapper084, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Something about CCleaner

So they added this new "healthcheck" feature and WHENEVER I do that it always says that there is 1 tracker to remove. I click it, it gets removed and when I start over that 1 tracker stays there. Help?

submitted by /u/treeclapper084
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/treeclapper084, Apr 24, 2020

2. ccleaner

Does anyone use ccleaner?? I know some people that use it and say its amazing! Any suggestions on a better small scale computer cleaner?

michaeltyson, Apr 24, 2020
  3. CCleaner

> Is it safe to install ccleaner on my pc?

Depends...

Piriform (the maker of CCleaner etc) was bought by Avast in July 2017 and there was this nasty incident...

All CCleaner versions are bundling Avast AV and/or various Google products such as Google Chrome, a Google toolbar and possibly other products....

Microsoft Community has seen quite a few of related threads.

Recently more and more threads are popping up in the Piriform/CCleaner forum which hint at even more questionable methods...

Here are a few recent example threads:

IMO, CCleaner is not unproblematic and has to be treated carefully.

I, personally, would not recommend CCleaner to inexperienced and/or not so tech-savvy persons...

Suggestion to inform yourself before installing CCleaner (or any other product) and to always, always keep your eyes wide open during installation (watch out for any bundled softwares etc etc).

You also might want to read this article (in case you don't use an ad blocker: ignore all advertisements):

https://www.howtogeek.com/172820/beginner-geek-what-does-ccleaner-do-and-should-you-use-it/

WRT to CCleaner on Windows 10:

According to
    this
    post Windows 10 blocks older versions: "CC v5.27 and older, (or somewhere around there) are no longer deemed safe by MS and automatically blocked when starting."

HTH,

Julia

Jsssssssss, Apr 24, 2020
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Something about CCleaner

Latest CCleaner Version Released

@Brink

New Update for CCleaner

Something about CCleaner [​IMG]

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 CCleaner v5.40

Something about CCleaner cc4_128.png

The Piriform team would like to announce the latest release of CCleaner for Windows.
    This update adds more cleaning for Edge and a screen where you can review your subscription status. Additionally, the Avast offer in the CCleaner installer is no longer shown if you have previously declined it.
    If you have suggestions for what you'd like to see next in CCleaner, please drop by our forums and let us know in our suggestions area.
    Browser Cleaning

• Edge: Added new 'Set aside tabs' cleaning rule
    Windows Cleaning

• Added warning for 'Old prefetch data' cleaning rule
    General

• Minor user interface improvements
    • Minor bug fixes

OldMike65, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

Something about CCleaner

1. Something about CCleaner - Similar Threads - Something CCleaner

2. I cannot install any games on the Xbox app with gamepass. Error "something unexpected happened"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot install any games on the Xbox app with gamepass. Error "something unexpected happened": The game Like a Dragon : Ishin was working fine for me yesterday, but the next day attempting to open the game the app told me the file path for the "gamelaunchhelper.exe" didnt exist on my C: drive in the WindowsApps folder. I then uninstalled the game and tried to reinstall...
  3. I cannot install any games on the Xbox app with gamepass. Error "something unexpected happened"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot install any games on the Xbox app with gamepass. Error "something unexpected happened": The game Like a Dragon : Ishin was working fine for me yesterday, but the next day attempting to open the game the app told me the file path for the "gamelaunchhelper.exe" didnt exist on my C: drive in the WindowsApps folder. I then uninstalled the game and tried to reinstall...
  4. Why do I keep ketting Something's not right error pop-up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I keep ketting Something's not right error pop-up?: When running a McAfee full virus scan I keep getting pop-up windows with the message Something's not right. It's not you. It's us. Try again later. It doesn't seem to affect the scan other than switching from the status window to the desktop....
  5. Why do I keep ketting Something's not right error pop-up?

Why do I keep ketting Something's not right error pop-up?: When running a McAfee full virus scan I keep getting pop-up windows with the message Something's not right. It's not you. It's us. Try again later. It doesn't seem to affect the scan other than switching from the status window to the desktop....
  6. Why do I keep ketting Something's not right error pop-up?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. What is going on with my new build??? Is it the Motherboard or something else?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is going on with my new build??? Is it the Motherboard or something else?: My computer is VERY VERY slow to start and won't go past the bios option unless MANY TRIES are made. I've install windows about 2 times successfully on this NEW BUILD and still can't access windows main interface. I don't k own what to do at this point since I've tried...
  8. What is going on with my new build??? Is it the Motherboard or something else?

What is going on with my new build??? Is it the Motherboard or something else?: My computer is VERY VERY slow to start and won't go past the bios option unless MANY TRIES are made. I've install windows about 2 times successfully on this NEW BUILD and still can't access windows main interface. I don't k own what to do at this point since I've tried...
  9. "something happened and some optional features of windows couldn't installed". What should...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "something happened and some optional features of windows couldn't installed". What should...: I use Windows 11 pro as my OS, while updating and installing new features, it regularly gives this notification "something happened and some optional features of windows couldn't installed". It has slowed my computer's speed, specially when I start the LAPTOP it takes alot of...
  10. Does WIndows 10 security/diagnostics include something like CCleaner?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does WIndows 10 security/diagnostics include something like CCleaner?: I am looking to learn if Windows 10 has a diagnostic or security that cleans the operation files as CCleaner does. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-windows-10-securitydiagnostics-include/bc415aae-1fd4-43cd-847b-3c478d963582"