Windows 10: Something bad is happening. Sped up, multiple instances of programs..

Discus and support Something bad is happening. Sped up, multiple instances of programs.. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I think I'm infected with something but not sure what it is. Started yesterday when I set up Firefox 64bit. I've been running Firefox 32bit but knew... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RAMWolff, Mar 26, 2017.

1. RAMWolff Win User

Something bad is happening. Sped up, multiple instances of programs..

I think I'm infected with something but not sure what it is. Started yesterday when I set up Firefox 64bit. I've been running Firefox 32bit but knew about the 64bit. Shortly after that I was on Facebook and kept getting a notice that I didn't have permission to use the emoticons. After that all sorts of stuff started happening. Tabs opening up by themselves, running like a CCleaner opens up like 40 instances of the program so I can't even get to a program to see what's going on. I guess I need some on line checker if there is a freebie out there I can make use of.

HELP? *cry

Richard

:)

RAMWolff, Mar 26, 2017

2. How to prevent multiple instances of an application

the only time that works is when the program itself is written to prohibit multiple instances

if the programmer didn't do that with this program

then there really isn't any method to preventing multiple instances

Locutus deBorg, Mar 26, 2017
  3. rfhar Win User
    IE 11 in Windows 10 is slow loading pages,

I finally found something that helped seemingly permanently. I did a clean install after spending a couple days preparing, back ups, including keys for many programs etc. This also sped up my computer noticeably. I would advise one to get the latest
    .iso to do this. It will have many of the updates already in it.

rfhar, Mar 26, 2017
  4. Something bad is happening. Sped up, multiple instances of programs..

Hi RAMWolff

Might I suggest you boot to safe mode, uninstall Firefox64 and see what happens.

If this doesn't undo strangeness you could also boot to safe mode, install malwarebytes from a USB key and scan. In safe mode boot with networking. If something prevent malwarebytes from running they have instructions on running it a Chameleon.

Its a start.

Caledon Ken, Mar 27, 2017
  5. techyview Win User
    Did you download the 64-bit version directly from Internet for people, not profit

And did it immediately occur after downloading & installing it? Although unlikely, there's always that small chance your download was infected during transmission. Very weird behavior from a hackers end though, so doubt it.

techyview, Mar 27, 2017
  6. RAMWolff Win User
    Yea, ran MalwareBytes and what ever it did fixed it. Thank so much!

RAMWolff, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Something bad is happening. Sped up, multiple instances of programs..

1. Something bad is happening. Sped up, multiple instances of programs.. - Similar Threads - Something bad happening

2. Windows store showing something bad happened.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows store showing something bad happened.: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3567 laptop. When I tried to sign in the windows store it shows something bad happened error. I tried wsreset command , region change, reseting Windows store. But it didn't work. What should I do?...
  3. Windows store showing something bad happened.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows store showing something bad happened.: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3567 laptop. When I tried to sign in the windows store it shows something bad happened error. I tried wsreset command , region change, reseting Windows store. But it didn't work. What should I do?...
  4. Windows store showing something bad happened.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Multiple Instances

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Instances: Does anyone know how to prevent this from happening? i dont have much ram so it slows down the speed of everything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-instances/da352446-efc2-4272-a8f3-f81ae1359d75
  6. Multiple Instances

Multiple Instances: Does anyone know how to prevent this from happening? i dont have much ram so it slows down the speed of everything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-instances/da352446-efc2-4272-a8f3-f81ae1359d75
  7. Multiple instances of a chat program

Multiple instances of a chat program: Programs like EXCEL and WORD allow more than one instance to be open on the desktop simultaneously; is there a structural reason why a chat program could not have a separate instance open for different contacts ? 182603
  8. Multiple instances of a chat program

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple instances of a chat program: Programs like EXCEL and WORD allow more than one instance to be open on the desktop simultaneously; is there a structural reason why a chat program could not have a separate instance open for different contacts ? 182603
  9. multiple instances of a chat program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    multiple instances of a chat program: Programs like EXCEL and WORD allow more than one instance to be open on the desktop simultaneously; is there a structural reason why a chat program could not have a separate instance open for different contacts ?...
  10. Windows 10 Launching Multiple Instances of Programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Launching Multiple Instances of Programs: There must be a setting I need to adjust - sometimes when my mouse gets near the bottom of the screen where the Taskbar is (not sure that's the name of it) multiple instances of the same program will launch. It's very distracting while trying to work. I'm on a laptop -...