Windows 10: Something BETTER than WUMT: Meet WUMgr!!

Discus and support Something BETTER than WUMT: Meet WUMgr!! in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Spent a very enjoyable half-hour on Skype with the developer of Windows Update Manager (WUMgr) this morning. Based in Vienna, David Xanatos is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by EdTittel, Oct 26, 2018.

1. EdTittel Win User

Something BETTER than WUMT: Meet WUMgr!!

Spent a very enjoyable half-hour on Skype with the developer of Windows Update Manager (WUMgr) this morning. Based in Vienna, David Xanatos is bilingual in German and English, and has created a worthy replacement for or alternative to the now-aging Windows Update Mini Tool (WUMT). Why should you consider using this tool instead?
    1. It's open source and can be maintained by the community. The code is in C#, built in Visual Studio, and provides better handling of .COM objects and elements (WUMT is in C/C++, and requires code wrappers to access and manipulated .COM objects). Xanatos sounds pretty committed to keeping the tool updated on an ongoing basis.
    2. If offers controls to turn off Windows Update automation, and supplant it with carefully controlled manual user action.
    3. It restores Windows former ability to present users with a download list, and let them pick what they want to download and update.

The easy download is from MajorGeeks, where the most current 0.8 version is available: Download WuMgr - MajorGeeks. Or visit the developer's GitHub page, and use the download button to grab the ZIP version. It runs as a portable app standalone, and requires no dlls, ini files, or whathaveyou. Works great from a USB Flash drive (I've tried that usage scenario myself).

--Ed--

Look at these WU controls:

Something BETTER than WUMT: Meet WUMgr!! [​IMG]

:)

EdTittel, Oct 26, 2018

2. Remove Meeting from Cortana

Can you see the meeting that recurs on your PC? If you can, follow the steps below to delete that meeting:

• Launch Cortana through the Start button.
    • Now, click on the very top right icon (three lines).
    • Next, choose “remind me”.
    • Click and hold the reminder in question, choose “delete” on the option that appears.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach us.

Arthur Rui, Oct 26, 2018
  3. tracit99 Win User
    WUMT Integrator

All windows updates whether from MS Windows Update or WUMT go to:
    C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download provided Windows is installed in C:\Windows.

Note: I have a Cannon printer driver that shows up in WUMT also. I have chosen to hide it. If is working why mess with it? I am just saying.

tracit99, Oct 26, 2018
  4. KPeanut Win User

**** Meeting Content

Hi,

Please can someone tell me how long content remains in a Skype for business meeting or if in fact I go back into my calendar to a meeting last month for example to download the presentation or whiteboard? how does it change depending
    on whether I used a new meeting space or a dedicated meeting space, say for a recurring meeting.

If I can go back to a meeting to pick up the content is it only if I was the organiser or a presenter or can I do this I was an attendee.

I have found this information but it doesn't give me the detail I need:-

Meeting Content Retention

Customers using Skype for Business Online can upload content to a Skype for Business Meeting as attachments, such as PowerPoint presentations, OneNote files, and other files. The retention period for content that has been uploaded to a meeting is as follows:

• One-time meeting Content is retained for 15 days starting from when the last person leaves the meeting.

• Recurring meeting Content is retained for 15 days after the last person leaves the last session of the meeting. The retention timer resets if someone joins the same meeting session within 15 days. For example, assume a Skype for Business
      meeting is scheduled to occur on a weekly basis for one year, and a file is uploaded to the meeting during the first instance. If at least one person joins the meeting session every week, the file is retained in Skype for Business Online servers for the entire
      year plus 15 days after the last person leaves the last meeting of the series.

• Meet Now meeting Content is retained for 8 hours after the meeting end time.

Meeting Expiration

Users can access a specific meeting after the meeting has ended, subject to the following expiration time periods:

• One-time meeting Meeting expires 14 days after the scheduled meeting end time.

• Recurring meeting with end date Meeting expires 14 days after the scheduled end time of the last meeting occurrence.

• Meet Now meeting Meeting expires after 8 hours.

How can you get back to a meet now meeting?

Many thanks for your help.

KPeanut, Oct 26, 2018
Thema:

1. Something BETTER than WUMT: Meet WUMgr!! - Similar Threads - Something BETTER WUMT

2. is cortana better than alexa

in Cortana
    is cortana better than alexa: I need to set up Cortana or Alexa I know which one to use https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-cortana-better-than-alexa/415fa570-41d8-4a86-92e1-423af2e72035
  3. is cortana better than alexa

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is cortana better than alexa: I need to set up Cortana or Alexa I know which one to use https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-cortana-better-than-alexa/415fa570-41d8-4a86-92e1-423af2e72035
  4. is cortana better than alexa

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Seems better than ever

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seems better than ever: The problem-free performance of my Win11 has always been very good... fast, snappy & smooth. But I swear since moving to 22H2 it is or seems to be even more so... I do not believe I am imagining it be even quicker & more responsive than ever after moving to 22H2. Has anyone...
  6. Seems better than ever

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Seems better than ever: The problem-free performance of my Win11 has always been very good... fast, snappy & smooth. But I swear since moving to 22H2 it is or seems to be even more so... I do not believe I am imagining it be even quicker & more responsive than ever after moving to 22H2. Has anyone...
  7. KB5000822 seems to block 3rd party windows update tools (WuMgr, WUMT)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    KB5000822 seems to block 3rd party windows update tools (WuMgr, WUMT): This update just bypassed my "metered" switch, and also bypassed my URL Filters for windows updates. Prior to installing this update, I can use the aforementioned software with ease, accessing the windows update server and checking installed updates. After it installed, I can...
  8. Anything better than VMWare Workstation?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Anything better than VMWare Workstation?: I thought it's the best, I tried it the other day and found it not very user friendly. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to access files that are on my computer in the VM and even the drag/drop file function didn't work as it had a stop sign sign Is there a better...
  9. WuMgr question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WuMgr question: I was able to compile WuMgr ( https://github.com/DavidXanatos/wumgr ) Update Manager for Windows application and understand that I can manage my Windows 10 updates by this application but does it configure my automatic windows update tasks in any way ? What I found I still...
  10. PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE ?: From FIRST INSTALLTION of any particular version of Windows, or other amenable operating system, use AOMEI Partition Assistant to copy the Partition, or Migrate the Operating System, to another drive. If, at some future occasion, your system acquires mysterious problems that...