Windows 10: Something called 'program' in startup of task manager with strange path file

Discus and support Something called 'program' in startup of task manager with strange path file in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I can't find Power sound editor free folder anywhere and yes I changed the show hidden files and folders.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by rashidhmoud, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Something called 'program' in startup of task manager with strange path file

Something called 'program' in startup of task manager with strange path file 276cc79f-e15e-4c01-ba97-12e578b7d153?upload=true.png

I can't find Power sound editor free folder anywhere and yes I changed the show hidden files and folders.

:)

rashidhmoud, Oct 15, 2020

2. Startup in Task Manager

Hello, I am an independent advisor and would happy to help you with this. If you bring up your start menu, and in the search bar, type Task Manager. At the top of the Task Manager box, you should see a tab called Startup. Is the program that you want to
    disable listed? If so, right click on the program and click disable. Reboot and that program should no longer run at startup.

NateLindberg, Oct 15, 2020
  3. dotmarty Win User
    Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Oct 15, 2020
  4. Something called 'program' in startup of task manager with strange path file

Task Manager-Startup

Here are three methods to invoke a task:

1. By placing a program or a shortcut into this folder:

c:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
    2. By specifying it in this registry location: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    3. By creating a scheduled task that gets triggered at startup or at logon time.

Frederik Long, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

Something called 'program' in startup of task manager with strange path file

1. Something called 'program' in startup of task manager with strange path file - Similar Threads - Something called 'program'

2. suspicious program called Windows_Defender_64.jar found in task manager startup programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    suspicious program called Windows_Defender_64.jar found in task manager startup programs: I was just scrolling through startup programs in task manager and I found two windows defender first one looks legit but 2nd one looks a bit suspicious I clicked open file location it took me to this folder C:\Users\123\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft_Defender\Defender_AntiMalware...
  3. suspicious program called Windows_Defender_64.jar found in task manager startup programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    suspicious program called Windows_Defender_64.jar found in task manager startup programs: I was just scrolling through startup programs in task manager and I found two windows defender first one looks legit but 2nd one looks a bit suspicious I clicked open file location it took me to this folder C:\Users\123\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft_Defender\Defender_AntiMalware...
  4. suspicious program called Windows_Defender_64.jar found in task manager startup programs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Text displays strangely on task manager and file explorer path

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text displays strangely on task manager and file explorer path: To whom it may concern,Since I updated my computer to the latest update, I have encountered a strange issue where the task manager shows black text on a black background in light or custom theme. The task manager still appears abnormal after restarting the computer As seen in...
  6. Text displays strangely on task manager and file explorer path

Text displays strangely on task manager and file explorer path: To whom it may concern,Since I updated my computer to the latest update, I have encountered a strange issue where the task manager shows black text on a black background in light or custom theme. The task manager still appears abnormal after restarting the computer As seen in...
  7. Program called "Program" in Task manager startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Program called "Program" in Task manager startup: [IMG] It seems to be a webcompanion file but I already deleted webcompanion. Is this a bug or a virus of some sort? How do I remove It? https://preview.redd.it/82yy4oc4ovn61.png?width=1172&format=png&auto=webp&s=68360225e8910df543757e443f0fd3e0c4a64bb0 submitted by...
  8. Strange "wirless" program in Startup on Task Manager?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange "wirless" program in Startup on Task Manager?: Hi guys so this problem is difficult to search for because I just get a lot of typo'd searches or autocorrect for wireless. Anyway I was in my Startup tab to disable a program I just got when I noticed a weird entry. It is simply called Wirless, no icon, and I can't open it's...
  9. Program on Task Manager Startup tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Program on Task Manager Startup tab: I wanted to disable a few startup programs and there is a program called "Program" with blank paper icon: [img] What is it? Could it be some sort of malware / virus? Thanks! 143714
  10. Unknown program in Task Manager-Startup Programs

Unknown program in Task Manager-Startup Programs: I am using Windows 10 Home up-to-date. Just found this entry (Program) in my Task Manager-Startup Programs. It has no identification except 'Program' . On right click it doesn't show any properties or location just the enable or disable button. I have disabled it but am just...