Windows 10: Something cannot be uninstalled

Discus and support Something cannot be uninstalled in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; SO I had discord on my pc and I want to uninstall it. When I uninstalled it in the control panel it said that it was not uninstalled in the correct... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mahad Alam, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Something cannot be uninstalled

SO I had discord on my pc and I want to uninstall it. When I uninstalled it in the control panel it said that it was not uninstalled in the correct way. It gave me 2 option to uninstall it in a compatible way or to just uninstall it. I chose to uninstall it in the compatible way. The weird thing is that it did not uninstall discord its still in the app list in the windows app list and the files still remain but for some reason its not in the program section in the control panel. Also I installed discord from the internet.

:)

Mahad Alam, Mar 3, 2021

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Something cannot be uninstalled :confused:

oli_ramsay, Mar 3, 2021
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Mar 3, 2021
  4. Drone Win User

Something cannot be uninstalled

Revo Uninstaller

free version doesn't list 64bit applications, hence totally helpless to remove them, while native windows uninstaller will do that.

only paid version revo uninstaller pro does and also another paid program called your uninstaller.

Drone, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

Something cannot be uninstalled

1. Something cannot be uninstalled - Similar Threads - Something cannot uninstalled

2. Cannot uninstall Office

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot uninstall Office: I attempted to uninstall Office 2016. I went to the uninstall panel, selected the correct program and clicked on uninstall but nothing happened. After a couple more tries with no luck I went to Program Files & Program x86 and deleted everything thinking that would do it....
  3. Cannot uninstall programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot uninstall programs: Under programs in Control Panel, I am not able to uninstall any programs. It will not uninstall, and when I go back to uninstall other programs it says it cannot perform the function because it is busy uninstalling a program. How can I correct this?...
  4. Cannot uninstall programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot uninstall programs: Under programs in Control Panel, I am not able to uninstall any programs. It will not uninstall, and when I go back to uninstall other programs it says it cannot perform the function because it is busy uninstalling a program. How can I correct this?...
  5. UNINSTALLING PROGRAM THAT CANNOT UNINSTALL-

in Windows 10 Customization
    UNINSTALLING PROGRAM THAT CANNOT UNINSTALL-: I want to uninstall filmora video editor from my laptop but i am getting this 'File C:\Program Files x86\iSkysoft\Filmora Video Editor\unins000.dat does not exist. cannot uninstall.PLEASE HELP...
  6. Cannot uninstall KB4593175

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot uninstall KB4593175: Hello, after last december updates Win10.0.19042.685 was found in this days few applications are not work. For check who occur this issue - we want to uninstall last win10 updates step by step to see which one occur the issue. Two were uninstalled succesfully after...
  7. Cannot uninstall windows.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot uninstall windows.: [ATTACH] Hello, recently I have been having problems uninstalling/reinstalling programs getting MSI Error 1606, so I decided to try and reinstall windows. I went to the reset windows tab in windows settings and the procedure was going well until it started reinstalling....
  8. Can't uninstall something

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't uninstall something: I keep trying to uninstall discord so I can reinstall it but every time I try it gives me a pop up that says the files were not found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-uninstall-something/03b53744-89e8-4340-824f-038c84894f26
  9. reinstall something uninstalled by mistake

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reinstall something uninstalled by mistake: i mistakenly uninstalled something called framework 742 ,how do i reinstall it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-something-uninstalled-by-mistake/27ffc680-6d8a-4660-bf26-01e5f439133c
  10. Cannot uninstall KB3140741

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot uninstall KB3140741: Last Win10 update brings many serious issues to relatively stable computers and cannot be uninstalled. Period. More info: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...7-fb97db10d9a8 http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...0-80550b00accb...