Windows 10: Something causes to deactivate "require sign in screen" setting

Discus and support Something causes to deactivate "require sign in screen" setting in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, I have this weird problem: I wanted to protect my desktop with PIN code when I'm inactive. For example, I'm doing something in my PC and then I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Ditendra, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Ditendra Win User

Something causes to deactivate "require sign in screen" setting

Hello, I have this weird problem:

I wanted to protect my desktop with PIN code when I'm inactive. For example, I'm doing something in my PC and then I left it, screen went off and if someone else touches it and wakes up the monitor, I want it to be locked with my PIN code. So, I did this: Went it settings, system, power & sleep and made this change: "Screen - when plugged in, turn off after 3 minutes". Then I went in settings again, accounts, sign-in options & there I enabled this "Require sign-in - if you've been been away, when should Windows require you to sign in again?" and I checked this one - "When PC wakes up from sleep". Then, again I went back to general settings, then personalization, lock screen, screen saver settings, and there I chose this "Screen saver: None, wait 3 minutes, & checked 'on resume, display logon screen' ".

Everything started working like I wanted - after 3 minutes screen goes off and when I shake my mouse or type anything on my keyboard to wake it up, it requires PIN code. Perfect! However, one strange problem started occurring: I noticed that, in the evening it's not working anymore. I mean, screen goes off, but when I shake my mouse, I don't get sign in display anymore, it just wakes up screen without lock screen page, basically sign in screen disappears and anyone can use my PC without PIN code. Question is - what triggers to disable sign in screen in the evening? The only thing that automatically does something in the evening in my PC is this: I have "Automatic Rules" enabled in "Focus Assist" in settings. From 7PM to 11AM, priority only enables itself. I need it that way. So maybe it is causing this bug that disables sign in screen display? However, when I turn on my PC in the morning, when priority only is still active, this bug doesn't happen - screen goes off after 3 minutes and when I shake my mouse and wake it up, I get sign in screen and PIN code is required.

Any thoughts about this?

:)

Ditendra, Feb 8, 2021
  2. fdm2000 Win User

Ways to bypass the login theme and signin do not work

Tried setting netplwiz in option 1 step 4 which shows no check in users must enter ..... no bypass of login

Tried step 4 in option 5 below to disable require sign-on on wakeup via policy via registry but still no change on wakeup still getting the screen picture that requires hitting Esc to move to the sign in window which shows a silhouette image, my user name and a sign in button in order to access my desktop screen. Guess I will have to live with the extra steps.

Again thanks for your interest and suggestions.

fdm2000, Feb 8, 2021
  3. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Feb 8, 2021
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Something causes to deactivate "require sign in screen" setting - Similar Threads - Something causes deactivate

2. sign-in requirements

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sign-in requirements: Hello,Before the last recent update of Windows I would sign into my account either with my fingerprint or with my PIN. Since some days after the update, every time I scan my finger successfully my PIN is also asked to unlock Windows. I checked the sign in requirements in the...
  3. Require sign-in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Require sign-in: I'm unable to change when my password or PIN is required to sign in. This is frankly quite annoying as my computer never leaves my house and I wish to disable password sign-in. For context, no my user account control settings are not too high and no I am not providing my...
  4. Require sign-in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Require sign-in: I'm unable to change when my password or PIN is required to sign in. This is frankly quite annoying as my computer never leaves my house and I wish to disable password sign-in. For context, no my user account control settings are not too high and no I am not providing my...
  5. 'Require sign-in' setting is not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    'Require sign-in' setting is not working: I don't want to sign in every time my laptop goes to sleepor when I lock screen using Win+L so I changed the setting by going in Account->Sign-in Option->Require sign-in and made it to never. But still every time I lock screen it is prompting for password.I have tried other...
  6. Windows Hello Blocks 'Require Sign-in' settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Hello Blocks 'Require Sign-in' settings: This is to get info out to those that have been plagued by Windows 10 failure to support users that didn't buy their products or companies that didn't buy licenses or include all features for Windows 'Hello'. If you have a PIN and/or a fingerprint enabled, you can use...
  7. Require sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Require sign in: I am unable to change require sign in. That field is greyed out and says, Windows hello is preventing some options from being shown. How do I change this? This is on a computer I just purchased. Thank you....
  8. Help Sign in screen still there even when set to never require sign in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Help Sign in screen still there even when set to never require sign in: Hi Yesterday I've used a wizard to join a domain or workgroup (This PC-Right Click Propeties-Change Settings-Computer Name-Network ID) thinking that was the only way to read my computer ID (I was wrong). The problem is: Now every time that I turn on my PC the sign in screen...
  9. Help Sign in screen still there even when set to never require sign in

in Windows 10 Support
    Help Sign in screen still there even when set to never require sign in: Hi Yesterday I've used a wizard to join a domain or workgroup (This PC-Right Click Propeties-Change Settings-Computer Name-Network ID) thinking that was the only way to read my computer ID (I was wrong). The problem is: Now every time that I turn on my PC the sign in screen...
  10. Windows 10 Ignoring setting of "No Sign In Required"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Ignoring setting of "No Sign In Required": Window 10 Home Version 1803 OS Build 17134.523 This desktop always plugged in This is the first operating system installed on the PC new hardware. There is only one account on the PC: administrator. I've been to: Settings\SignIn Options I have checked all my power...