Windows 10: something causing all videos --in any and all browsers-- muted. HELP

Discus and support something causing all videos --in any and all browsers-- muted. HELP in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; this has happened to multiple computers at my home network. we are all running win 10. we run a variety of browsers: firefox, IE, edge, and chrome.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by VikingTrad3r, Sep 20, 2018.

1. something causing all videos --in any and all browsers-- muted. HELP

this has happened to multiple computers at my home network.

we are all running win 10.

we run a variety of browsers: firefox, IE, edge, and chrome.

videos that we click, are starting muted. every time.

at first, because i use chrome, i thought it was chrome related.

but its doing it on all browsers and different computers.

ITS LIKE THERE IS A UNIVERSAL RULE IN WIN 10 that forces all video to open muted. A year ago, this was not happening.

is there? this is rediculously annoying.

I used to watch the news in the background on bnnbloomberg.com

if you open a video there, not only does it start in mute, in any browser, but it also starts each new video on the 'playlist' on mute! argh! so that mean i have to drop what i am doing, and click unmute every couple minutes. its broken. ive tried everything.

help!!!!

keep in mind this is accross all browsers. its not the chrome issue where 'auto play' is muted on a tab until you un-mute it.

Thanks, Ryan.

:)

VikingTrad3r, Sep 20, 2018

2. videos on websites opening muted windows 10 home all browsers

Hi and thank you for responding with those two suggestions.

I have tried those suggestions and they do not make any difference. I have also tried disabling flash on websites thinking perhaps flash was the problem. However the videos continue to play and begin playing on mute. I can unmute the videos and the next video in the queue will be muted.

this tells me I think these sites are running html5 video because I have turn flash off.

can anybody think of any reason why the HTML five based videos on all of the computers at my house hold would be defaulted to opening videos on mute?

VikingTrad3r, Sep 20, 2018
  3. Edge browser crashes on full screen video ?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question on Microsoft community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Step 1: I suggest you to clear the browsing history cache and check if it helps:

• Open Edge browser click on three dots.
    • Click on clear browsing history.

Then try to play the video and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: Run the apps troubleshooter and check if it helps with the issue.

The Modern app troubleshooter can automatically identify and fix some problems with apps and the Store

Refer to the following article and run the Apps troubleshooter:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

I hope this information helps.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Sep 20, 2018
  4. something causing all videos --in any and all browsers-- muted. HELP

Edge browser crashes on full screen video ?

I also have the same problem along with every one who talks in videos sounding like Donald Duck!!!

ElwoodJonesZY, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

something causing all videos --in any and all browsers-- muted. HELP

1. something causing all videos --in any and all browsers-- muted. HELP - Similar Threads - something causing videos

2. Pausing media in browser mutes all bluetooth audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pausing media in browser mutes all bluetooth audio: This is a bug in how Windows handles media sessions--it can be triggered by any browser. This has been reported and locked...
  3. Pausing media in browser mutes all bluetooth audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pausing media in browser mutes all bluetooth audio: This is a bug in how Windows handles media sessions--it can be triggered by any browser. This has been reported and locked...
  4. Pausing media in browser mutes all bluetooth audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Video Play on browser Any video and livestream platforms and media player are all...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Play on browser Any video and livestream platforms and media player are all...: I made no changes in any settings before as everything works just fine before, but after I switch on my computer the on 10th October, all the video playing both online and offline are experiencing some issues.For videos on Youtube/ Facebook or basically any other video...
  6. Video Play on browser Any video and livestream platforms and media player are all...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Play on browser Any video and livestream platforms and media player are all...: I made no changes in any settings before as everything works just fine before, but after I switch on my computer the on 10th October, all the video playing both online and offline are experiencing some issues.For videos on Youtube/ Facebook or basically any other video...
  7. All videos are stuttering in browsers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All videos are stuttering in browsers: I have Windows 10 desktop PC latest updates installed, AMD CPU and NVIDIA GPU. I started getting massive stutter in all videos in web browsers, including Edge, Chrome, Firefox, IE, Opera. Basically looks like dropped frames and bad frame timing. I don't notice a stutter in 3D...
  8. All videos on all browsers (edge, chrome, etc) are zoomed in and in black and white. need help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All videos on all browsers (edge, chrome, etc) are zoomed in and in black and white. need help: I have tried everything on this forum to try and remedy this issue none of them worked, i am on the latest update for windows 10 pro (version 1803 os build 17134.191) 64 bit system, Processor AMD A6-6310 APU with AMD Radeon R4 Graphics 1.80 GHZ 4gb of ram, this issue just...
  9. videos on websites opening muted windows 10 home all browsers

in Browsers and Email
    videos on websites opening muted windows 10 home all browsers: I have 5 computers in my home, all running up to date versions of windows 10 home or pro. this issue is driving me crazy. it used to be that no mater which browser I used, edge, chrome, or firefox, I could watch/listen to news video clips on bnnbloomberg.ca and ctv.ca now...
  10. videos on websites opening muted windows 10 home all browsers

in Windows 10 Support
    videos on websites opening muted windows 10 home all browsers: I have 5 computers in my home, all running up to date versions of windows 10 home or pro. this issue is driving me crazy. it used to be that no mater which browser I used, edge, chrome, or firefox, I could watch/listen to news video clips on bnnbloomberg.ca and ctv.ca now...