Windows 10: Something causing Mouse delay or USB port

Discus and support Something causing Mouse delay or USB port in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For i think a little over a month now my mouse has been randomly freezing every day. i don't think the mouse itself is at fault though. My laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by L death soul, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Something causing Mouse delay or USB port

For i think a little over a month now my mouse has been randomly freezing every day. i don't think the mouse itself is at fault though.

My laptop model is G551VW. Asus ROG

i'll list all the things i've noticed about the problem.

1: the freezes occur a random number of times a day, as few as one.

2: the freezes happen a random number of times each time the freezes happen, E.G. it will freeze for a couple of seconds and then unfreeze for a couple of seconds and then freeze again for a couple of seconds and then freeze again, and so forth until whatever is causing it to happen stops.

3: the length of time each individual freeze lasts also seems random, E.G. a freeze can last for half a second or it can last for 4 seconds.

4: the laptop's touchpad can still move the cursor while the mouse is frozen, so the computer and cursor themselves aren't frozen.

5: there is no connect/disconnect sounds or messages that you would expect if the mouse was disconnecting.

6: the cursor seems to move and perform actions clicks that i have made with the mouse while it is frozen as soon as the mouse unfreezes. which to me suggests that something is maybe delaying input from the mouse into the USB port?

7: if i check the event viewer as soon as the freezes stop i generally see at least one of the following events.

---------------------------------

Level Date and Time Source Event IDTask Category

Information 16/09/2020 9:47:25 PM Service Control Manager7040 None The start type of the Background Intelligent Transfer Service service was changed from demand start to auto start.

Warning 16/09/2020 9:43:40 PM Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger17 None "A corrected hardware error has occurred.

--------------------------------

Component: PCI Express Root Port

Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting PCI Express

Primary BusSomething causing Mouse delay or USB port :Device:Function: 0x0:0x1C:0x3

Secondary BusSomething causing Mouse delay or USB port :Device:Function: 0x0:0x0:0x0

Primary Device NameSomething causing Mouse delay or USB port :pCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A113&SUBSYS_1D3D1043&REV_F1

Secondary Device Name:"

The Trusted Platform Module TPM hardware on this computer cannot be provisioned for use automatically. To set up the TPM interactively use the TPM management console Start->tpm.msc and use the action to make the TPM ready.

Error: The TPM returned an unexpected result.
    Additional Information: 0x140000

this error appears a crazy large number of times in the event viewer, as much as 6 times per second in some parts of the viewer.

The initialization of the Trusted Platform Module TPM failed. The TPM may be in failure mode. To allow diagnosis, contact the TPM manufacturer with the attached information.

The TBS device identifier has been generated.

The TPM has been cleared. Reason: SRK has changed or is not present..

sometimes none of these events appear at the time the mouse freezes. but i noticed in the security part of event viewer there are events that say the following.

Special privileges assigned to new logon.

Subject:

Security ID: SYSTEM

Account Name: SYSTEM

Account Domain: NT AUTHORITY

Logon ID: 0x3E7

Privileges: SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege

SeTcbPrivilege

SeSecurityPrivilege

SeTakeOwnershipPrivilege

SeLoadDriverPrivilege

SeBackupPrivilege

SeRestorePrivilege

SeDebugPrivilege

SeAuditPrivilege

SeSystemEnvironmentPrivilege

SeImpersonatePrivilege

SeDelegateSessionUserImpersonatePrivilege

--------------------------------

An account was successfully logged on.

Subject:

Account Name: DESKTOP-46FFHR0$

Account Domain: WORKGROUP

Logon Information:

Logon Type: 5

Restricted Admin Mode: -

Virtual Account: No

Elevated Token: Yes

Impersonation Level: Impersonation

New Logon:

Account Name: SYSTEM

Account Domain: NT AUTHORITY

Linked Logon ID: 0x0

Network Account Name: -

Network Account Domain: -

Logon GUID: {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}

Process Information:

Process ID: 0x31c

Process Name: C:\Windows\System32\services.exe

Network Information:

Workstation Name: -

Source Network Address: -

Source Port: -

Detailed Authentication Information:

Logon Process: Advapi

Authentication Package: Negotiate

Transited Services: -

Package Name NTLM only: -

Key Length: 0

This event is generated when a logon session is created. It is generated on the computer that was accessed.

The subject fields indicate the account on the local system which requested the logon. This is most commonly a service such as the Server service, or a local process such as Winlogon.exe or Services.exe.

The logon type field indicates the kind of logon that occurred. The most common types are 2 interactive and 3 network.

The New Logon fields indicate the account for whom the new logon was created, i.e. the account that was logged on.

The network fields indicate where a remote logon request originated. Workstation name is not always available and may be left blank in some cases.

The impersonation level field indicates the extent to which a process in the logon session can impersonate.

The authentication information fields provide detailed information about this specific logon request.

- Logon GUID is a unique identifier that can be used to correlate this event with a KDC event.

- Transited services indicate which intermediate services have participated in this logon request.

- Package name indicates which sub-protocol was used among the NTLM protocols.

- Key length indicates the length of the generated session key. This will be 0 if no session key was requested.

--------------------------------------

the things i have tried to fix the problem include, doing a complete computer virus scan with Avira, doing a SFC scan in CMD, doing a DISM in CMD. none of these scans found any viruses or errors. i have also tried uninstalling some drivers cant remember exactly which, but i think the PCI port driver was one of them, and then restarted my computer so they could reinstall but that didn't fix it. and i also tried starting my computer in Clean boot settings as per microsoft support's suggestion but even in Clean boot the freezes still randomly occur. the freezes can happen at any time regardless of if im just browsing the internet or if im playing videogames. if anybody knows how to fix the problem, PLEASE TELL ME!!! as a gamer its driving me crazy :

:)

L death soul, Sep 19, 2020

2. USB problem

I have difficulty booting up computer at usb ports detecting and I think of my webcam cause it.
    The computer boot screen is having a big delay it freeze for 30 or 60 seconds at the usb scanning step. Sometimes in Windows it says Unknown hardware at windows opening. Could it be my usb ports that begin to sucks or my webcam is having trouble ? (No other usb devices plugged other than wireless usb key for keyboard-mouse combo)

MohawkAngel, Sep 19, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    mouse delays

Hi Peter,

It is possible that you're experiencing mouse lag after update due to corrupted/outdated drivers or compatibility issue.

To troubleshoot your issue, I suggest that you follow these options:

Option 1: I suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot your mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows.

Option 2: Enable / Disable Scroll Inactive Windows:

• Navigate to Settings > Devices > Mouse & Touchpad.
    • Now locate the Scroll Inactive Windows option and disable / enable it.
    • Try disabling and enabling this option a few times and check if the issue is resolved.

Option 3: Change Palm Check Threshold:

• Go to Mouse & Touchpad settings.
    • Click Additional Mouse Options.
    • Next choose TouchPad Tab.
    • Click on Settings and go to Advanced Tab.
    • Locate the Palm Check Threshold and move it all the way to the left.

Option 4: Set the touchpad to No Delay

To do this navigate to Mouse & Touchpad settings like we explained in the previous steps. Now find the
    Touchpad section and set the delay before clicks to No delay (always on).

Option 5: Change your mouse frequency

Sometimes mouse lag problems can be related to its frequency. This issue usually affects wireless mice, and if your mouse is lagging, you might be able to solve the problem by adjusting its frequency.

To do that, open your mouse configuration software and change its frequency from 500 to 250Hz. After doing that, your mouse will start working normally.

Option 6: Disable Fast Startup:

• Press Windows Key + S and enter control panel. Choose Control Panel from the list.
    • When Control Panel opens, select Power Options.
    • Now click on Choose what the power button does.
    • Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Uncheck Turn on fast startup (recommended) and click on
      Save changes
    • After disabling Fast Startup, the issue should be resolved and your mouse will start working again.

Option 7: Change your Clickpad settings:

• Navigate to Mouse section in Control Panel.
    • Go to Clickpad settings. Navigate to Advanced > Smart Sense and set
      Filter to 0.

Option 8: Roll back your drivers:

• Open Win + X menu by pressing Windows Key + X. Now select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • When Device Manager opens, locate your mouse or Realtek audio driver and double click it.
    • Go to Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver button if available. If
      Roll Back Driver button is grayed out, this solution doesn’t apply to you.

Option 9: Change Power management options:

• Go to Device Manager and double click USB Hub device to open its properties.
    • When Properties window opens, go to Power Management tab and uncheck
      Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. Click
      OK
      to save changes.
    • Keep in mind that you need to repeat these steps for all USB Hub devices on your PC. After making the necessary changes, the issues with your mouse will be resolved.

Option 10: I suggest that you follow the steps shared by Jackson Chris on this
    thread.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Sep 19, 2020
  4. spapakons Win User

Something causing Mouse delay or USB port

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

Something causing Mouse delay or USB port [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

Something causing Mouse delay or USB port

1. Something causing Mouse delay or USB port - Similar Threads - Something causing Mouse

2. External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...: So I have this legion 5 pro laptop and as what the title says, one of the usb port at the back is not recognizing my external keyboard or mouse.It started around January and got it fixed by then. Lenovo replaced the motherboard which fixed the problem. They think it was bad...
  3. External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...: So I have this legion 5 pro laptop and as what the title says, one of the usb port at the back is not recognizing my external keyboard or mouse.It started around January and got it fixed by then. Lenovo replaced the motherboard which fixed the problem. They think it was bad...
  4. No mouse works with any USB port.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No mouse works with any USB port.: Any mouse will not work in any USB port, I've tried a logitech mouse, general unbranded mouse,a PS/2 mouse and even using the ps4 controller analog stick as a mouse and nothing works. I know the usb ports are not the issue as the keyboard works fine in the same ports. No...
  5. usb port not detecting mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb port not detecting mouse: windows stopped detecting my mouse . When i connect my mouse then the light glows in the mouse and stops after some time ,first it stopped detecting on one port then after some days other ports also stopped working ,while everything else works fine on the usb port , my mouse...
  6. usb port not detecting mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb port not detecting mouse: windows stopped detecting my mouse . When i connect my mouse then the light glows in the mouse and stops after some time ,first it stopped detecting on one port then after some days other ports also stopped working ,while everything else works fine on the usb port , my mouse...
  7. usb ports or mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb ports or mouse and keyboard not working: ladies and gents of the community. Can you please explain to me how to follow solutions on this question/ I ask about a solution for "mouse and keyboard usb ports not working in dual booted windows 7" . The usb ports , the mouse and keyboard are working when boot up in...
  8. USB Mouse Ports No Longer Regonize Mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Mouse Ports No Longer Regonize Mouse: I have tried both front and back USB ports and now with a new mouse. System does not see mouse and have no cursor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-mouse-ports-no-longer-regonize-mouse/6cdeaa71-53c0-452b-943a-84190ac4a2ab
  9. USB Port not recognizing USB Mouse

USB Port not recognizing USB Mouse: Hello, I have a Lenovo Ideapad500 14ISK running windows 10. From a few days my usb ports are not recognizing my usb mouse and does not even detect my usb fflash drive. If I plug in my phone it is just charging the phone from usb but there is no detection of any kind. I...
  10. USB Port Mouse Malfuntion

USB Port Mouse Malfuntion: I have a Acer Laptop windows 10, started a microsoft update yesterday and my usb ports won't reconigze my mouse when inserted. It notifies me that theres a malfunction but my mouse works on a different device. What can I do to fix this?...