Windows 10: Something Changed Recently With Chrome Re: Address BAR

Discus and support Something Changed Recently With Chrome Re: Address BAR in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I used to be able to type something into the address bar and it would show me search results. Now it seems to no longer work and just sits there after... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by phaedruspress, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Something Changed Recently With Chrome Re: Address BAR

I used to be able to type something into the address bar and it would show me search results. Now it seems to no longer work and just sits there after hitting enter. I need to now go to the home page and enter what I had previously just been able to enter into the address bar. Been going on for a week or so. Is it me or "what did they break now?"
    Version 73.0.3683.86

Something Changed Recently With Chrome Re: Address BAR [​IMG]

:)

phaedruspress, Mar 27, 2019
  2. brummyfan Win User

IE11 address bar suggestions

Hi,
    Go to Internet Options, click Autocomplete Settings in Content tab, tick "Suggesting URLs" box and click OK.

brummyfan, Mar 27, 2019
  3. delete address bar history

Hi,

Due to the limited information shared on your post regarding the drop-down list in Internet Explorer address bar, we would like to ask for additional information to help us identify the steps to solve your concern. Please answer the following:

• What is the current build and version of the Windows 10 device that you are using?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you referring to the automatic search when typing in the address bar?

We will wait for your response.

Jennifer Cha, Mar 27, 2019
  4. Something Changed Recently With Chrome Re: Address BAR

Firefox Address Bar Suggestions

I do see below

Josey Wales, Mar 27, 2019
Thema:

Something Changed Recently With Chrome Re: Address BAR

1. Something Changed Recently With Chrome Re: Address BAR - Similar Threads - Something Changed Recently

2. wimdows 10 address bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    wimdows 10 address bar: I cannot remove the address bar at the top of the home page , it contains the internet providers. Is there something I am missing as a search says right click the bar and close it. This does not work as nothing happens when I right click. Please help and thanks in advance....
  3. Recently downloaded something.

Recently downloaded something.: [ATTACH]The task bar above appeared after downloading something. I have never seen this before and when I go into taskmanager to close it, I don't find anything. I am slightly worried about this, is it normal?...
  4. recently changed hardware need to re-activate windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    recently changed hardware need to re-activate windows: i have my product key, but i forgot to link my windows 10 to my hotmail account, and the activation isnt registering my product key for some reason, other than putting my motherboard back into my system and then linking windows 10, if that would even work, what else can i do?...
  5. Address bar at my taskbar ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Address bar at my taskbar ?: Just saw it today. How do I remove ? [img] 124340
  6. Since the recent Windows 10 Feature Update 1809, the Address Bar in the Taskbar is behaving...

Since the recent Windows 10 Feature Update 1809, the Address Bar in the Taskbar is behaving...: Hi, I use the address bar in the taskbar a lot. After the recent Feature update, the text colour I type in the address bar is the same as the address bar background itself i.e. black. Consequently I can't see what I have typed in. If I remove the address bar from the...
  7. Chrome will mark all sites running on HTTP encryption as "not secure" in the address bar

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome will mark all sites running on HTTP encryption as "not secure" in the address bar: https://www.indiatoday.in/technology...385-2018-05-18 Google will release version 68 of Chrome in July this year following which Chrome will mark all sites running on HTTP encryption as "not secure" in the address bar. Also, the HTTP sites accessed in the Incognito mode will...
  8. Menu bar in Chrome.

in Browsers and Email
    Menu bar in Chrome.: I want the usual menu at the top of the browser window. Why am I not able to do that? I also can't find the preferences that change details like the color of a selected link. 36470
  9. IE11 address bar suggestions

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 address bar suggestions: I prefer IE11 over edge but one thing I noticed is when I start typing an address or search term in the address bar I only get a list of some historical sites. There is no drop down showing any suggestions (which I see on my other Windows 7 machine). If I type a word and...
  10. Firefox Address Bar Suggestions

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Address Bar Suggestions: I have recently deleted my Firefox history, including cookies, cache and everything else. I went back to the beginning of all-time just to make sure there was nothing left. But I'm still faced with a dilemma, whenever I type a single letter, say R for example, it...