Windows 10: Something Consume My Internet Connection Excessively

Discus and support Something Consume My Internet Connection Excessively in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. First, sorry for my terrible English. I have problem with my connection. I got higher ping than usual, more than 240 (i checked with CMD),... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Alex.Herlambang, May 5, 2019.

1. Something Consume My Internet Connection Excessively

Hello.

First, sorry for my terrible English.

I have problem with my connection.

I got higher ping than usual, more than 240 (i checked with CMD), but when i check Task Manager there are no apps that consume my bandwith excessively.

I try to check the connection with my smartphone, it works fine.

Then I try to contact my internet provider, they said my connection is fine.

looks like something inside my laptop use my internet and run in background.

My questions are,

How to check what app/software that consumed my connection?

If you ever encountered this problem, how do you fix it?

Thank you.

:)

Alex.Herlambang, May 5, 2019

2. Microsoft Minesweeper consuming excess internet bandwidth

Hi,

To resolve your concern, we suggest that you reset your apps to restart or reset the network bandwidth that they consume per app.

Here's how:

• Press Windows + R on the keyboard.
    • Type msconfig, and then click OK.
    • On the General tab, click the Normal Startup, and then click OK.
    • When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart.

If the issue persist, we suggest that you contact your Internet Service Provider for additional bandwidth on your network.

If you have comments and suggestions, you can have them posted on our
    Feedback Hub

Let us know how it goes.

Loraine Mon, May 5, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, May 5, 2019
  4. Something Consume My Internet Connection Excessively

SVChost.exe is consuming the whole internet connection

Dear all,

As you can see in the blow that SVChost is consuming the whole internet connection.
    I checked the services in the task manager and found that many services are related to SVChost. I am so confused about it and how to block it.

Something Consume My Internet Connection Excessively [​IMG]

samerrustom, May 5, 2019
Thema:

Something Consume My Internet Connection Excessively

1. Something Consume My Internet Connection Excessively - Similar Threads - Something Consume Internet

2. Windows 10 consuming excess data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 consuming excess data: All of a sudden my pc is consuming way much data at a great speed without letting me use my own data. I have a cellular network which I can not set as metered connection but the problem stays same with the metered WiFi networks. It eats 2GB data per 10 minutes. Internet speed...
  3. Windows 10 consuming excess data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 consuming excess data: All of a sudden my pc is consuming way much data at a great speed without letting me use my own data. I have a cellular network which I can not set as metered connection but the problem stays same with the metered WiFi networks. It eats 2GB data per 10 minutes. Internet speed...
  4. Windows 10 consuming excess data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Something taking over internet connection

Something taking over internet connection: I am running Win 10 pro ver 21H1 (build 19043.1165) on a ThinkPad Edge laptop. For at least a year something on the computer has interrupted my online classes and my Zoom connections about every 5 or 6 minutes. When this happens it causes my class connection to stop for about...
  6. Something taking over internet connection

in Windows 10 Support
    Something taking over internet connection: I am running Win 10 pro ver 21H1 (build 19043.1165) on a ThinkPad Edge laptop. For at least a year something on the computer has interrupted my online classes and my Zoom connections about every 5 or 6 minutes. When this happens it causes my class connection to stop for about...
  7. excessive data used while connecting my hp laptop to a internet.

excessive data used while connecting my hp laptop to a internet.: when I connect my internet to laptop with my mobile hotspot in just few minutes my data is exhausted. I purchased it just before some days. please help....
  8. Can't connect to the internet, something about my firewall.

Can't connect to the internet, something about my firewall.: Hi, this happened completely randomly and now I have no internet. When I tried to diagnose it says "The diagnostics policy service isn't running". When I go to services to enable it, I get "Windows could not start the diagnostic policy server on local computer Error 5: access...
  9. something is blocking my internet connection at startup

something is blocking my internet connection at startup: Windows 10 (upgraded from windows 8.1) running on Lenovo Z50. Several times a week, something blocks my mobile internet connection at start up. This usually lasts 5 or 6 minutes. The internet icon on the task bar has a yellow triangle with exclamation mark; and when I...
  10. SVChost.exe is consuming the whole internet connection

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SVChost.exe is consuming the whole internet connection: Dear all, As you can see in the blow that SVChost is consuming the whole internet connection. I checked the services in the task manager and found that many services are related to SVChost. I am so confused about it and how to block it. [img] 106108