Windows 10: Something crazy going on with WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD

Discus and support Something crazy going on with WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So 4 days ago I decided it was time for my annual clean installation of windows 10 pro. So I did the usual, booted into my usb Windows installer , ran... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by musanaim, Feb 23, 2021.

1. musanaim Win User

Something crazy going on with WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD

So 4 days ago I decided it was time for my annual clean installation of windows 10 pro. So I did the usual, booted into my usb Windows installer , ran a few diskpart commands including formatting and cleaing with secure wipe on all drives. And continued my installation of windows when I got in I obviously installed all my driver's. I then install my games and open one of them and within 10 seconds BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR so immediately I reboot check the minidump analyse it and see that there is an issue with a .dll which I traced down to be GPU related so I try all the troubleshooting functions SFC , DDU by 3dguru , ram diagnostics just incase it was the ram. No such luck. Issue kept occuring, so now I'm left with one of a few only logical explanations , you have to bear in mind that only a few hours ago before the wipe everything was fine so faulty hardware chances are extremely slim. My first explanation is that the GPU has died somehow but more reasonably , my installation of windows wasn't smooth and some file within the systems modules was malfunctioning. So I proceed to clean install windows again and the same thing is happening. I repeat this process daily for the last 3 days tying different things , with no luck at all. Until yesterday when I realised I'd been logging into another account to the one on the original installation with a different key attached to the account both keys on both my accounts are genuine keys purchased by windows . So now I'm thinking surely this hasn't got to do with anything going on here but I give it a shot, I clean reinstall windows this time with my other account and key and sure enough all the issues had disappeared, last night all that I could think of was to explain how this account change has fixed the issue , if you know me in person I hate accidental debugging I'm an a level phython programmer I always must know the logic and computational reasoning behind every debug particularly this one which by this point had wasted upwards of 12 hours of my time on. So the next morning I'm still thinking and I could not take it I HAD to find out the reason behind this. So I clean reinstall windows yet again and boom BSOD starting again , this almost certainly confirmed the accounts are the reason for it but seeing as it was a system file I wasn't understanding why. So I wasn't having this I still needed to know the reason , I decided I'd take pictures of key data within "msfinfo32" and "about this pc" seeing as this issue was mainly showing within programs demanding 3d graphic engines and it was effecting my GPU mainly , I mainly recorded GPU information such as it's designated memory address range , it's .inf file and irq channel letting me know what the GPU was currently using to channel interior requests to the CPU which ultimately helps me understand what bus it's most likely to be using and other technical details I could use to resolve the issue. I then reinstall windows using the original installation account and again everything suddenly is working fine and I begin to compare my retrived data and I do notice something. The GPU had some differences in its data but the one that i want to focus on is it's .inf file name was different. This is important because as my hardware hadn't been changed windows would not randomly change the numbering of the inf files , this is because it dosent use a random integer to number them rather it uses a set algorithm that remains constant within the setup files to number them. Of course .inf files are directly linked to the presence of different hardware so I now think I have solved it. Of course the .inf files job is to help with driver matching and to handle logical interactions between the system and its hardware. So I then go to device manager and remove my GPU , restart so it reinstalls and my .inf file is now the same as on my original installation. However I still receive the bsods, my guess from this incident is that all of my hardware must be re detected by windows in order to reset thier inf files however this is obviously impossible as the CPU wouldn't be able to do that. So I have some questions here
    1 can an expert tell me if my explanation for this incident is correct because I'm dying to know
    2 what has my account or the key registered to it got to do with me bsoding as it only happens on the account that wasn't originally installed on my pc please explain in detail I'm 16 old enough to understand
    3 why were my inf files different in the first place
    4 have I just debugged windows if so I want a system development job asap
    5 I can't provide the crash dumps because I'm currently running an installation of windows on the working account and I'm not going through hell just it get them although they were all related to the ntoskrnl.exe file and again due to my pc only crashing when the GPU was being used to high capacity I feel it was something to do with my GPU BUT I'm not certain because again even after fixing it's inf file it was crashing
    6 again how has logging into an account with a different key magically fixed this it's genuinely driving me insane like pls help.

ALSO idk if this information is of use but I had sync on my original installation of windows so when I reinstalled it on the original account my wallpaper and everything came back, there is no way on earth the system file arrangements were also synced?!?!?

:)

musanaim, Feb 23, 2021

2. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR using FireWire connection on brand-new PC

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are getting BSOD error after connecting the new card for FireWire connection. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the motherboard?

In this scenario, please perform the steps as mentioned in this article:
    How to fix WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Meanwhile, I would also suggest you to share the dump files so that we can analyze them and get to the root cause of the issue. To share the files Navigate to
    C:\Windows\Minidump, upload the files to OneDrive and share the OneDrive link.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Zaki_j Win User
    BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Hi Jotunheim,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We appreciate your efforts in troubleshooting the issue and providing us the detailed information about the issue.

1. When do you the error message?

2. What is the make and model of the computer?

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR bug check has a value of 0x00000124. This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred.
    This bug check is typically related to physical hardware failures. It can be heat related, defective hardware, memory or even a processor that is beginning to fail or has failed. If over-clocking has been enabled, try disabling it. Confirm
    that any cooling systems such as fans are functional. Run system diagnostics to confirm that the system memory is not defective. It is less likely, but possible that a driver is causing the hardware to fail with this bug check.

As per the dump files shared by you, the error seems to be with the Intel processor. I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article

How to fix WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
    and see if that helps.

You may also refer the troubleshooting steps in the article

Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    and see if that helps.

Additional Information:
    Bug Check 0x124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Zaki

Zaki_j, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Tintai Win User

BSOD whea_uncorrectable_error and clock_watchdog_timeout

Hello,

After Cmos reset and clean Windows 10 install I'm started getting some BSODs.
    First time I've got whea_uncorrectable_error and some time later clock_watchdog_timeout.

Now I'm getting clock_watchdog_timeout all the time when I try to start AIDA64 stability test and in the middle game of CS:GO.

Here is dump from bluescreenview:
    http://tintaiexcess.com/dmp.htm

And here is the dump files from "C:\Windows\Minidump":
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/q2oy1mc5ku7girx/080315-7468-01.dmp
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/ap25qa4ilr4gtc0/080315-7359-01.dmp

My CPU is running at 4.6G at 1.328V. RAM at 1866Mhz at 1.5V.
    Stock looks stable.

Thanks
    Tintai

Tintai, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Something crazy going on with WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD - Similar Threads - Something crazy going

2. BSOD Going crazy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Going crazy: I have done everything I can find on the subject of BSOD multiple errors, random.RAM - OKDrives - OKDrivers - UpdatedChipset - Updated to currentMemory dmp - https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjQkdFsggUhD0h6v3uX4mF19jcvs?e=JnSStw includes MTBRunning:AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.60...
  3. BSOD Going crazy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Going crazy: I have done everything I can find on the subject of BSOD multiple errors, random.RAM - OKDrives - OKDrivers - UpdatedChipset - Updated to currentMemory dmp - https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjQkdFsggUhD0h6v3uX4mF19jcvs?e=JnSStw includes MTBRunning:AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.60...
  4. screen going crazy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen going crazy: first what looks like bubbles appear across the top of my screen, second my mouse disappears, third screen will zoom in and out, random dropdown menus will appear or random windows will open and close, finally I have to power off and back on to regain control....
  5. Fan going crazy . . .

in Windows 10 Support
    Fan going crazy . . .: Hi: My ASUS laptop fan has gone crazy lately. It runs wide open for a half a minute or more then shuts down to an idle, then goes up full blast again after a half a minute or so. It never ramps up or down, it's either idling or wide open. A complete restart doesn't help....
  6. Mouse is going crazy.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mouse is going crazy.: My doesn't click with certain programs. I can play my game fine, but I can't use my calculator or navigate my settings with it. It highlights what I'm pointing to, but it won't click....
  7. 365 going crazy

in Microsoft Office and 365
    365 going crazy: Recently, I have been unable to access my files without "signing in." When I click on "Sign in" I get a box asking me to insert my phone # or email. I am intermittently unable to type in the space provided. Should I chance to hit it just right, I then get a message that I...
  8. SCVHOST GOING CRAZY

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SCVHOST GOING CRAZY: Please help me, I really hate scvhost it makes my gaming experience become lag it consumes a lot of internet connection and consume more priority than my dota2. some people say its windows update, but ive downloaded all of the update, please help me to permanently kill...
  9. Cursor is going crazy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor is going crazy: My cursor is flying all over the screen and there is a ghost cicle on the edge that is pulsing. When i have shut fown its okay gor a little bit the starts up again...
  10. PC going crazy, BSoDs, freezes, everything.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC going crazy, BSoDs, freezes, everything.: It's my post from another forum, where I cannot get any solution to my problem, hope you'll help me. Hello, I'll start from the beginning, my problem started about October 2015, my PC wasn't sending signal to monitor, won't boot, etc. but after a couple of tries, it was...