Windows 10: Something forces my PC into sleep mode at night. How can I find the culprit?

Discus and support Something forces my PC into sleep mode at night. How can I find the culprit? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have an older PC running Win 10 that is notorious for being unable to recover from S3 Sleep. I have disabled Sleep settings in as many places I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/palffy16, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Something forces my PC into sleep mode at night. How can I find the culprit?

I have an older PC running Win 10 that is notorious for being unable to recover from S3 Sleep. I have disabled Sleep settings in as many places I can find. However, my PC still goes to Sleep maybe 50% of the nights, possibly due to some software update/task scheduler setting.

How can I determine what is forcing my PC into Sleep mode?

submitted by /u/palffy16
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/palffy16, Feb 13, 2020

2. Vista Sleep Mode Setting Questions

Not everyone downloads at night, or has anything going on for that matter so sleep mode is fine for the most part, for most cosumers. Most people turn their PC off at night anyway... and don'y even know there is a "sleep mode"

Morrison5891, Feb 13, 2020
  3. open the desktop from sleep mode

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How are trying to start the computer from the sleep mode?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you able to shut down or restart the machine?
    • What happens when you try to come out of Sleep mode?
    I would suggest you to force shutdown the computer and start the computer and check what happens.

If you are able to login to normal mode then follow the below steps to restore the power setting/plan to default.

• Press Windows + X keys, and select the option
      Control Panel.
    • Click on the Power Options icon.
    • Click on Change plan settings.
    • Select the option “Restore default settings for this plan”.
    Please post us back with more information and if the issues resolves to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Something forces my PC into sleep mode at night. How can I find the culprit?

Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Something forces my PC into sleep mode at night. How can I find the culprit?

1. Something forces my PC into sleep mode at night. How can I find the culprit? - Similar Threads - Something forces sleep

2. How can i make alaram sound when my pc at sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i make alaram sound when my pc at sleep mode?: how do i make my alarms sound when my computer is at sleep mode?I am trying so much but i can not do. Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-make-alaram-sound-when-my-pc-at-sleep/b5a6d77e-eea4-40bf-a917-7a536df15cb8
  3. How can i make alaram sound when my pc at sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i make alaram sound when my pc at sleep mode?: how do i make my alarms sound when my computer is at sleep mode?I am trying so much but i can not do. Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-make-alaram-sound-when-my-pc-at-sleep/b5a6d77e-eea4-40bf-a917-7a536df15cb8
  4. How can I get my PC to stay in sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How can I get my PC to stay in sleep mode?: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1 and cannot get my PC to stay in sleep mode. That wasn't a problem with 8.1. In my Windows 10 Power & Sleep Settings I've selected 3 minutes for my monitor to shut down and 5 minutes for my PC to go to sleep. Both happen - but both...
  5. How can I get my PC to stay in sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get my PC to stay in sleep mode?: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1 and cannot get my PC to stay in sleep mode. That wasn't a problem with 8.1. In my Windows 10 Power & Sleep Settings I've selected 3 minutes for my monitor to shut down and 5 minutes for my PC to go to sleep. Both happen - but both...
  6. How can I get my PC to stay in sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. H accidentally downloaded something then deleted it but I put my pc in sleep mode but then...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    H accidentally downloaded something then deleted it but I put my pc in sleep mode but then...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Odai_Hammad_YT_69420 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/krmsnj/h_accidentally_downloaded_something_then_deleted/
  8. Something is preventing PC from idling to sleep. How can I identify it?

Something is preventing PC from idling to sleep. How can I identify it?: Got a problem: my PC won't idle to sleep. But I've narrowed it down to the following: Using a Powershell script that calls win32.userinput, and a ten second loop, I can watch the idle time and last user input time. What this shows is that if I stop typing / moving the...
  9. Something's not allowing my PC to sleep.

Something's not allowing my PC to sleep.: When I try to make my laptop sleep without closing the id, it sleeps for just 1 sec and then wakes up automatically. I used the lastwake cmd line, and found this: Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type: Device...
  10. My PC Win10 won't post up and gives no beeps -how to find the culprit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My PC Win10 won't post up and gives no beeps -how to find the culprit: My PC Win 10 won't post up and gives no beeps. Simply pressing the power button shuts the power off instantly, I don't have to hold it for seven seconds. Recent changes include replacing one Logitech trackball with another trackball a month ago. But about a week or two ago...