Windows 10: "Something happened and pin is no longer available"

Discus and support "Something happened and pin is no longer available" in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi there, I recently updated windows 10 and this is the message that has come up. The problem I have is that I have no idea what the password is and my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TopHatSoup1, Jan 13, 2021.

1. "Something happened and pin is no longer available"

Hi there, I recently updated windows 10 and this is the message that has come up. The problem I have is that I have no idea what the password is and my account isn't an online one as i've tried resetting the password and it doesnt work so it must be a local one. Is there any way to get windows to allow me to enter the pin as i know exactly what this is? Thanks

submitted by /u/TopHatSoup1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TopHatSoup1, Jan 13, 2021

2. PIN no longer available

I get this message that my PIN is no longer available and that I need to go to the settings and set up again however I cannot even get to the settings

andrewandJennifercousineau, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Puds138 Win User
    pin no longer available

Pin no longer available message on start up. Tells me to go to settings etc. How do you go to settings when you can't get past the start up screen?

Puds138, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Anne Fuj Win User

"Something happened and pin is no longer available"

Can't use my PIN to login any longer

Hi Tim,

To further assist you in signing in to your Windows computer, you can follow the steps provided below:

• From your
      lockscreen, check if the "Sign-in option" is available.

• Then click the option to use PIN.

• Enter PIN.

If that didn't work, we highly suggest that you create a new account/PIN that you can use to log in to your computer.

For more information on how to create a user account in Windows, you can click in this

support article

Let us know if you need further help.

Anne Fuj, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

"Something happened and pin is no longer available"

1. "Something happened and pin is no longer available" - Similar Threads - Something happened pin

2. Something happened and pin isn't available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something happened and pin isn't available: Something happened and pin isn't available and can't reset the pin. I think i accidentally disabled msconfigurations and even trouble shooting the home screen is not doing anything. Please do tell me what i can do without reseting...
  3. Something Happened Pin not available. Password no longer recognised.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Something Happened Pin not available. Password no longer recognised.: After setting up a pin, very next log in....message that "something happened and pin no longer available". Set up pin link non responsive. Then when entering password, the existing password is no longer recognised so can't access command prompt or sys reset. Please help!...
  4. Something Happened Pin not available. Password no longer recognised.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something Happened Pin not available. Password no longer recognised.: After setting up a pin, very next log in....message that "something happened and pin no longer available". Set up pin link non responsive. Then when entering password, the existing password is no longer recognised so can't access command prompt or sys reset. Please help!...
  5. Something Happened Pin not available. Password no longer recognised.

6. Something happened & your PIN is not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something happened & your PIN is not available: Hello Microsoft Community,I was previously using Windows 10 and often the error mentioned in the Title used to appear while logging in. Even though I applied and tested all methods available in this community and over the internet but it never got resolved.The interesting...
  7. Something happened. your pin is not available

Something happened. your pin is not available: ok, so i installed some different network drivers a few days ago and now i have no connection to the internet, i’ve tried so much troubleshooting uninstalling drivers and none of it works i cant log into anything i cant go on the web i cant even get into my main account on...
  8. Something happened. your pin is not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something happened. your pin is not available: ok, so i installed some different network drivers a few days ago and now i have no connection to the internet, i’ve tried so much troubleshooting uninstalling drivers and none of it works i cant log into anything i cant go on the web i cant even get into my main account on...
  9. something happened and your pin is not available.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    something happened and your pin is not available.: I recently completely changed my computer, swapped out the motherboard, case, and much more. When I booted up and got everything running I went to type in my pin to login and im getting a "something happened and your pin is not available, please reset pin to proceed" well I...
  10. Intermittent "Something happened" and PIN not available

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Intermittent "Something happened" and PIN not available: About once a week, on startup of a Win10 Home Lenovo M710, I get a "something happened and your pin isn't available." (Not an exact quote). If I just restart the computer, the problem goes away. I've seen lots of people complaining about a permanent problem, but mine is...