Windows 10: "Something happened and pin is no longer available"

Discus and support "Something happened and pin is no longer available" in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi there, I recently updated windows 10 and this is the message that has come up. The problem I have is that I have no idea what the password is and my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TopHatSoup1, Jan 13, 2021 at 11:37 PM.

1. "Something happened and pin is no longer available"

Hi there, I recently updated windows 10 and this is the message that has come up. The problem I have is that I have no idea what the password is and my account isn't an online one as i've tried resetting the password and it doesnt work so it must be a local one. Is there any way to get windows to allow me to enter the pin as i know exactly what this is? Thanks

submitted by /u/TopHatSoup1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TopHatSoup1, Jan 13, 2021 at 11:37 PM

2. PIN no longer available

I get this message that my PIN is no longer available and that I need to go to the settings and set up again however I cannot even get to the settings

andrewandJennifercousineau, Jan 13, 2021 at 11:46 PM
  3. Puds138 Win User
    pin no longer available

Pin no longer available message on start up. Tells me to go to settings etc. How do you go to settings when you can't get past the start up screen?

4. Anne Fuj Win User

"Something happened and pin is no longer available"

Can't use my PIN to login any longer

Hi Tim,

To further assist you in signing in to your Windows computer, you can follow the steps provided below:

• From your
      lockscreen, check if the "Sign-in option" is available.

• Then click the option to use PIN.

• Enter PIN.

If that didn't work, we highly suggest that you create a new account/PIN that you can use to log in to your computer.

For more information on how to create a user account in Windows, you can click in this

support article

Let us know if you need further help.

Thema:

"Something happened and pin is no longer available"

1. "Something happened and pin is no longer available" - Similar Threads - Something happened pin

2. Something happened and your PIN isn’t available

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Something happened and your PIN isn’t available: This is a major problem my pc is facing. I am going to tell you how it lead up to that. I was looking for a answer for when i right click my file explorer says “Not responding” one of the answers said to go to system configuration and end all task. Then I restarted my pc and...
  3. Something happened and your PIN isn't available.

Something happened and your PIN isn't available.: I keep getting this error, every time I restart my ASUS FX505DT laptop. I am unable to set up the pin either. Is there a way to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-happened-and-your-pin-isnt-available/83f461fe-1139-4e3c-bef7-2806020071e1
  4. something happened and your pin isn't available."

something happened and your pin isn't available.": something happened and your pin isn't available." I'm getting this screen after I tried to fix an internet connection issue, by deleting some files from settings, now that internet isn't available and I can't enter the pin, resetting the pin doesn't work and after few minutes...
  5. something happened and your pin isn't available

something happened and your pin isn't available: When I resumed update Windows Update but I can't. I turned of my laptop and when I turned on it, I can't sign in. It saids, "something happened and your pin isn't available". I tried to use password of my Microsoft account but it's not work I know my password exactly and I...
  6. something happened and your PIN isn't available

something happened and your PIN isn't available: choose another sign-in option andsetup your PIN again by goingto settings accounts signin options. i can not get in I know my PIN . reet password and got msg this featire requires a removable media. HELP im using my othertable with a bad keyboard...
  7. Intermittent "Something happened" and PIN not available

Intermittent "Something happened" and PIN not available: About once a week, on startup of a Win10 Home Lenovo M710, I get a "something happened and your pin isn't available." (Not an exact quote). If I just restart the computer, the problem goes away. I've seen lots of people complaining about a permanent problem, but mine is...
  8. PIN no longer available

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PIN no longer available: No search box to even get to settings. cant do anything. Any advice. Pin no longer available due to change in security settings it says?? I didnt change anything just got laptop 2 days ago cant even use it...
  9. PIN no longer available

PIN no longer available: I get this message that my PIN is no longer available and that I need to go to the settings and set up again however I cannot even get to the settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-no-longer-available/6765f1d7-7d65-4368-999f-98b83dd784e2
  10. Pin no longer available

Pin no longer available: we ought my mom a new computer and set it up. The next day we tried to open it and a screen comes up and says pin is no loner avaialbe due to change in security settings. It says to go to sett8ngs account sign in options but we canr even get there. What do we do?...