Windows 10: 'Something happened and you pin is not available' and can't get into command prompt either!!!

Discus and support 'Something happened and you pin is not available' and can't get into command prompt either!!! in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, Help needed here. I've run into the 'something happened and your pin is not available' problem. I've done a bit of research and everytime I press... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Paul Morris5, May 26, 2024.

1. 'Something happened and you pin is not available' and can't get into command prompt either!!!

Hi, Help needed here. I've run into the 'something happened and your pin is not available' problem. I've done a bit of research and everytime I press shift restart and go through to the repair mode the screen takes me automatically to an old account box requesting that I put the pin in which I know longer have the pin for. I can't seem to get into command prompt. I managed to put the laptop into safe mode but it still takes me to the account holder box requesting a pin number. I managed to put the laptop into safe mode but it still takes me on the same journey. What should I do here, I can't f

:)

Paul Morris5, May 26, 2024
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, May 26, 2024
  3. Bree Win User
    Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

4. Bree Win User

'Something happened and you pin is not available' and can't get into command prompt either!!!

Command Prompt as Administrator.

Command Prompt is already in the Start menu, it's in 'All apps' under 'Windows System'. You could pin this to start. A right-click then lets you choose run as administrator in 'More >'.

Thema:

'Something happened and you pin is not available' and can't get into command prompt either!!!

1. 'Something happened and you pin is not available' and can't get into command prompt either!!! - Similar Threads - 'Something happened pin

2. 'Something happened and you pin is not available' and can't get into command prompt either!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Something happened and you pin is not available' and can't get into command prompt either!!!: Hi, Help needed here. I've run into the 'something happened and your pin is not available' problem. I've done a bit of research and everytime I press shift restart and go through to the repair mode the screen takes me automatically to an old account box requesting that I put...
  3. 'Something happened and you pin is not available' and can't get into command prompt either!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'Something happened and you pin is not available' and can't get into command prompt either!!!: Hi, Help needed here. I've run into the 'something happened and your pin is not available' problem. I've done a bit of research and everytime I press shift restart and go through to the repair mode the screen takes me automatically to an old account box requesting that I put...
  4. Something happened and pin isn't available

Something happened and pin isn't available: Something happened and pin isn't available and can't reset the pin. I think i accidentally disabled msconfigurations and even trouble shooting the home screen is not doing anything. Please do tell me what i can do without reseting...
  5. "something happened and you pin isn't available "

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "something happened and you pin isn't available ": Every time I turn on my PC this msg appears and it forces me to log in Microsoft account and reset PIN. I don't want to have PIN. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-happened-and-you-pin-isnt-available/2bab342c-422e-4bda-aff3-c62c60dfe091
  6. "something happened and you pin isn't available "

"something happened and you pin isn't available ": Every time I turn on my PC this msg appears and it forces me to log in Microsoft account and reset PIN. I don't want to have PIN. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-happened-and-you-pin-isnt-available/2bab342c-422e-4bda-aff3-c62c60dfe091
  7. "something happened and you pin isn't available "

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Something happened. your pin is not available

Something happened. your pin is not available: ok, so i installed some different network drivers a few days ago and now i have no connection to the internet, i’ve tried so much troubleshooting uninstalling drivers and none of it works i cant log into anything i cant go on the web i cant even get into my main account on...
  9. Something happened. your pin is not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something happened. your pin is not available: ok, so i installed some different network drivers a few days ago and now i have no connection to the internet, i’ve tried so much troubleshooting uninstalling drivers and none of it works i cant log into anything i cant go on the web i cant even get into my main account on...
  10. something happened and your pin is not available.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    something happened and your pin is not available.: I recently completely changed my computer, swapped out the motherboard, case, and much more. When I booted up and got everything running I went to type in my pin to login and im getting a "something happened and your pin is not available, please reset pin to proceed" well I...