Windows 10: Something happened and your pin is not available - stuck in Msconfig diagnostic mode

Discus and support Something happened and your pin is not available - stuck in Msconfig diagnostic mode in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Any fix? submitted by /u/ben_aloha [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ben_aloha, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Something happened and your pin is not available - stuck in Msconfig diagnostic mode

/u/ben_aloha, Dec 12, 2020

2. Stuck in diagnostic mode, PIN # not accepted, please help

I had no issues with my computer prior. I simply was following some online suggestions for ways to reduce lag in an online game we like to play. The suggestion was to turn diagnostic mode on, which I did. I shut my computer off and when I turned it back on and entered my PIN # it said it was incorrect, yet, it is indeed correct. This started a week worth of nonstop research on how to undo this mess. I can hold the shift key down while restarting my computer and I get a blue screen where I have several options. I have tried restarting my computer to previous version, does not work. I have gone to troubleshooting, advance, options and I get to the point that I can see a list of options like safe mode and etc. but cannot click on any options in the list, instead it says restart computer to get me to those options which when I restart takes me right back to the Windows login screen. I tried to pull up command prompt and it asks for my PIN # which it will not accept. I click on forgot password and it restarts PC and takes me right back to the windows login screen where my PIN is still not accepted. I try to get to safe mode, it asks for the user account and then the PIN # that again, it will not accept. I have turned the PC on and off 3 times to start the auto repair and it just takes me to the same screen as holding down the shift key when restarting. I don't know what else to do, I cannot get to safe mode because it requires a PIN # that it does not accept, I cannot get into command prompt because it requires a PIN # that again says is incorrect, I cannot get anywhere with any of the online options or directions I see that works for many people. WHAT DO I DO? Any help or suggestions??

thytaysmom, Dec 12, 2020
  3. TopGeek Win User
    msconfig>Diagnostic startup fails

Thanks for the suggestion. I have already tried disabling all Extensions and Add-ons but with no effect. If I start Firefox in Safe Mode by holding the Shift Key while clicking on the Firefox taskbar icon, it opens in 4 seconds. I should really raise this in the Firefox forum.
    What I am more concerned about is - why I cannot enter diagnostic mode through msconfig.

TopGeek, Dec 12, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Something happened and your pin is not available - stuck in Msconfig diagnostic mode

Stuck in safe mode in windows 10

Safe mode is intended to help fix most, if not all problems within an operating system, it's not good if we got stuck on it. To correct this, we suggest that you follow the steps below to exit out of Safe mode:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows key + R
      keys on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box and press
      Enter.
    • Under General tab, put a check on Normal Startup option.
    • Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

Let us know if you are able to exit out of Safe mode with these steps.

Xylee Del, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

Something happened and your pin is not available - stuck in Msconfig diagnostic mode

1. Something happened and your pin is not available - stuck in Msconfig diagnostic mode - Similar Threads - Something happened pin

2. Stuck on safe mode with "something happened and your pin isn't available"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on safe mode with "something happened and your pin isn't available": Was trying to stop windows from blocking me from downloading a game, ended up messing with the system configuration. Now I'm stuck on safe mode and can't change my password, when i tried to find ways to fix it, it usually tells me that it can't access this or that or just...
  3. Stuck on safe mode with "something happened and your pin isn't available"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on safe mode with "something happened and your pin isn't available": Was trying to stop windows from blocking me from downloading a game, ended up messing with the system configuration. Now I'm stuck on safe mode and can't change my password, when i tried to find ways to fix it, it usually tells me that it can't access this or that or just...
  4. Stuck on safe mode with "something happened and your pin isn't available"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Something happened & your PIN is not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something happened & your PIN is not available: Hello Microsoft Community,I was previously using Windows 10 and often the error mentioned in the Title used to appear while logging in. Even though I applied and tested all methods available in this community and over the internet but it never got resolved.The interesting...
  6. Something happened & your PIN is not available

Something happened & your PIN is not available: Hello Microsoft Community,I was previously using Windows 10 and often the error mentioned in the Title used to appear while logging in. Even though I applied and tested all methods available in this community and over the internet but it never got resolved.The interesting...
  7. Something happened. your pin is not available

Something happened. your pin is not available: ok, so i installed some different network drivers a few days ago and now i have no connection to the internet, i’ve tried so much troubleshooting uninstalling drivers and none of it works i cant log into anything i cant go on the web i cant even get into my main account on...
  8. Something happened. your pin is not available

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Something happened. your pin is not available: ok, so i installed some different network drivers a few days ago and now i have no connection to the internet, i’ve tried so much troubleshooting uninstalling drivers and none of it works i cant log into anything i cant go on the web i cant even get into my main account on...
  9. Something happened. your pin is not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. something happened and your pin is not available.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    something happened and your pin is not available.: I recently completely changed my computer, swapped out the motherboard, case, and much more. When I booted up and got everything running I went to type in my pin to login and im getting a "something happened and your pin is not available, please reset pin to proceed" well I...