Windows 10: “Something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again.”

Discus and support “Something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again.” in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I restarted my pc into “diagnostic mode” and once I did the pc restarted and brought me to the regular log in page.... but I couldn’t use my PIN to get... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Ashton Baker, Apr 8, 2021.

1. “Something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again.”

I restarted my pc into “diagnostic mode” and once I did the pc restarted and brought me to the regular log in page.... but I couldn’t use my PIN to get in for some reason mind you EVERYTHING on my page is ease of access, power button, and Set up my PIN. I tried hitting “Set up my PIN” broght me to a page saying something about microsoft store I said “yes” nothing happened I tried booting to windows safe mode and it says the same thing as regular I cant factory reset my windows because it wont let me have access to it, I cant do the windows repair thing, I can’t access CMD, I can’t access the RUN or anything. “Other password options also doesn’t show up.

I need help really bad if anyone knows a solution please, please help I need to fix it

Specs:

i5-10600k

gtx 1660s super

asrock b460m pro4s

1tb western digital hdd

240gb western digital ssdos

:)

Ashton Baker, Apr 8, 2021
  2. josephMY Win User

Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again.

Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again.

I have a old PC updated to W10. I decided to use the PIN code, but now I get the message "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again."

When I click 'Set up my PIN' nothing, the same message reappears.

I looked up the issue on the internet and found that I should login using another sign-in option. However, there is no way to get to another option. The text above is all I see on the screen.

josephMY, Apr 8, 2021
  3. KevinCarv Win User
    "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your pin again"

"Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your pin again" but when I click "set up pin", it loads forever and then nothing happens.

This is happening every time I restart my pc.

No, I can't log-in.

No, there's no "login with password",

no, restarting doesn't help.

KevinCarv, Apr 8, 2021
  4. “Something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again.”

Pin problem

Visit Fix “Something happened and your PIN isn’t available” in Windows 10
    Fix “Something happened and your PIN isn’t available” in Windows 10 | Password Recovery
    See if it’s helpful.

Included is this screen shot

“Something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again.” [​IMG]

Since you have a Microsoft account, you should see this instead
    Microsoft account sign-in options

“Something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again.” [​IMG]

If this doesn't work, there are other procedures available to consider.
    --- Some of them include registry changes.
    --- Are you familiar with working in the registry?

BTW, have you saved your data along with a system image backup ready?

MeAndMyComputer, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

“Something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again.”

1. “Something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again.” - Similar Threads - “Something happened PIN

2. “Something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up you PIN again.”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    “Something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up you PIN again.”: Hello, i have tried every methods and nothing seems to be work. I tried this one method that is holding the Shift button and then click Power; Restart to get to the Recovery Screen, I clicked on the Advanced Option and to the Commands Prompt but it asked my Gmail paswsword. I...
  3. “Something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up you PIN again.”

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    “Something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up you PIN again.”: Hello, i have tried every methods and nothing seems to be work. I tried this one method that is holding the Shift button and then click Power; Restart to get to the Recovery Screen, I clicked on the Advanced Option and to the Commands Prompt but it asked my Gmail paswsword. I...
  4. “Something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up you PIN again.”

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again.: So I’m getting that error after trying to use AMD utility cleaner, and it soft rebooted me and now I’m stuck at this screen, no way to login any other way and when I click Set up my PIN it sometimes tells me to search the shop to ad the app and when I press yes it just loops...
  6. Something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again.

Something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again.: So I’m getting that error after trying to use AMD utility cleaner, and it soft rebooted me and now I’m stuck at this screen, no way to login any other way and when I click Set up my PIN it sometimes tells me to search the shop to ad the app and when I press yes it just loops...
  7. Win11 Update - Something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your pin again.

Win11 Update - Something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your pin again.: Hello,I got a refurbished Lenovo T480 laptop, I installed all the recommended updates last night and updated it from Win10 to Win11. Upon restarting I was greeted with “Something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your pin again.”. There is not option to...
  8. Something happened and your pin isn’t available. Click to set up your pin again isn’t...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something happened and your pin isn’t available. Click to set up your pin again isn’t...: Something happened and your pin isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again isn’t available. Sign in with password isn’t available!!Hi, I can see that other people are having the same issue as I am. I recently installed Windows 11. And suddenly I am unable to gain access...
  9. Something happened and your pin isn’t available. Click to set up your pin again isn’t...

Something happened and your pin isn’t available. Click to set up your pin again isn’t...: Something happened and your pin isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again isn’t available. Sign in with password isn’t available!!Hi, I can see that other people are having the same issue as I am. I recently installed Windows 11. And suddenly I am unable to gain access...
  10. Something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again.: Every time I try to log in it says PIN isn’t available. Click to set up PIN again. When I click set up PIN, it says search app in the store? If I choose yes or no nothing happens.It won’t go in safe mode either. Everything I do brings me back to the login screen...