Windows 10: Something happened and your PIN isn’t available / Microsoft account password

Discus and support Something happened and your PIN isn’t available / Microsoft account password in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Dear all,I need help for windows 10. I made some modifications in msconfig last night. After that I can’t enter to windows. The system ask password.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AntoineAH, Oct 11, 2021.

1. AntoineAH Win User

Something happened and your PIN isn’t available / Microsoft account password

Dear all,I need help for windows 10. I made some modifications in msconfig last night. After that I can’t enter to windows. The system ask password. The password is the same as my Microsoft account. When I try to sign with PIN, I get the message “ something happened and your PIN isn’t available” . When I go to Troubleshoot>advanced options>command prompt, the system ask choose an account to continue. When I choose the account, again it asks for password. When I put the password. I get the message the “password is incorrect. Try again”. I have changed my Microsoft password twice form my

:)

AntoineAH, Oct 11, 2021
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Oct 11, 2021
  3. Pin problem

Visit Fix “Something happened and your PIN isn’t available” in Windows 10
    Fix “Something happened and your PIN isn’t available” in Windows 10 | Password Recovery
    See if it’s helpful.

Included is this screen shot

Something happened and your PIN isn’t available / Microsoft account password [​IMG]

Since you have a Microsoft account, you should see this instead
    Microsoft account sign-in options

Something happened and your PIN isn’t available / Microsoft account password [​IMG]

If this doesn't work, there are other procedures available to consider.
    --- Some of them include registry changes.
    --- Are you familiar with working in the registry?

BTW, have you saved your data along with a system image backup ready?

MeAndMyComputer, Oct 11, 2021
  4. Something happened and your PIN isn’t available / Microsoft account password

PIN sign in for Microsoft Account

Hi Irene,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

• How are you trying to change the password?
    • Have you logged in to your account and trying to set the PIN?
    I would suggest you to switch to child account and then try to set a 4 digit PIN from here and check if it works.

Please do get back to us with the answers to assist you better with issue you are facing.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 11, 2021
Thema:

Something happened and your PIN isn’t available / Microsoft account password

1. Something happened and your PIN isn’t available / Microsoft account password - Similar Threads - Something happened PIN

2. Can’t login. Something happened and your PIN isn’t available.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t login. Something happened and your PIN isn’t available.: I was trying to do a clean boot and in msconfig hit “disable all” as was instructed. I then disabled some individual apps from being enabled at start up but just Steam, Spotify, etc. Now when I try to log in, I get this message saying my PIN isn’t available. There’s no way...
  3. Can’t login. Something happened and your PIN isn’t available.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t login. Something happened and your PIN isn’t available.: I was trying to do a clean boot and in msconfig hit “disable all” as was instructed. I then disabled some individual apps from being enabled at start up but just Steam, Spotify, etc. Now when I try to log in, I get this message saying my PIN isn’t available. There’s no way...
  4. Something happened and your pin isn’t available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something happened and your pin isn’t available: Cannot use my pin on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-happened-and-your-pin-isnt-available/c9164d74-4cc9-4b08-acc9-bc5da7588e43
  5. Something happened and your pin isn’t available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something happened and your pin isn’t available: Cannot use my pin on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-happened-and-your-pin-isnt-available/c9164d74-4cc9-4b08-acc9-bc5da7588e43
  6. Something happened and your pin isn’t available

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Something happened and your PIN isn’t available / Microsoft account password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Something happened and your PIN isn’t available / Microsoft account password: Dear all,I need help for windows 10. I made some modifications in msconfig last night. After that I can’t enter to windows. The system ask password. The password is the same as my Microsoft account. When I try to sign with PIN, I get the message “ something happened and your...
  8. Something happened and your PIN isn’t available / Microsoft account password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something happened and your PIN isn’t available / Microsoft account password: Dear all,I need help for windows 10. I made some modifications in msconfig last night. After that I can’t enter to windows. The system ask password. The password is the same as my Microsoft account. When I try to sign with PIN, I get the message “ something happened and your...
  9. Computer says something happened and your pin isn’t available

Computer says something happened and your pin isn’t available: [IMG]Then whenever i click set up my pin it says im not connected to the internet which i am , i tried resetting the computer then it asks for my admin password which i have also forgot anyway of getting by this...
  10. Something happened and your PIN isn’t available

Something happened and your PIN isn’t available: This is a major problem my pc is facing. I am going to tell you how it lead up to that. I was looking for a answer for when i right click my file explorer says “Not responding” one of the answers said to go to system configuration and end all task. Then I restarted my pc and...