Windows 10: Something happened and your PIN isn't avaliable. Click to set up your pin again.

Discus and support Something happened and your PIN isn't avaliable. Click to set up your pin again. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My laptop is a acer nitro 5 Hello, I tried doing it and then it shows me "you need to install an app for this task." "would you like to search for... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by zesoxx, Jan 31, 2021.

1. zesoxx Win User

Something happened and your PIN isn't avaliable. Click to set up your pin again.

My laptop is a acer nitro 5

Hello, I tried doing it and then it shows me "you need to install an app for this task." "would you like to search for one in the store" Then i say yes and it just goes back to the set up my pin thing. please help i wanna cry

:)

zesoxx, Jan 31, 2021

2. PIN

To resolve this issue with your PIN, follow these step:

• Restart your computer first, then after that, open File Explorer and browse to this location:
    C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC

• Delete everything within that folder.
    • Go to Settings-> Accounts->Sign-in Options.
    • Click Add a PIN again and set your PIN.
    • PIN sign in should work going forward.

Let us know how this turns out.

Marque Lor, Jan 31, 2021
  3. PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 31, 2021
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Something happened and your PIN isn't avaliable. Click to set up your pin again.

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

1. Something happened and your PIN isn't avaliable. Click to set up your pin again. - Similar Threads - Something happened PIN

2. Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again.: Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again.Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-happened-and-your-pin-isnt-available/2214da8b-2de4-4486-9489-2863a3e1d237
  3. Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again.: I have this months old new laptop, after a while when i shut down the pc it got this message "Runtimebroker.exe error while shutting down" it pop fast when shuttinh down and it close as normal.But it bothers me so i tried to find solution in internet and do this:1. Window key...
  4. PIN - Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to Set up your PIN again -...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN - Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to Set up your PIN again -...: A little background on what has happened and how I'm stuck in a PIN loop...1. Attempted to upgrade from Windows 10 PRO version 20H2 to 21H2, I have Dell XPS 15 75902. Received Windows Update Error 0x80080005 3. During installation continued to receive a mighost.exe Error:...
  5. PIN - Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to Set up your PIN again -...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PIN - Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to Set up your PIN again -...: A little background on what has happened and how I'm stuck in a PIN loop...1. Attempted to upgrade from Windows 10 PRO version 20H2 to 21H2, I have Dell XPS 15 75902. Received Windows Update Error 0x80080005 3. During installation continued to receive a mighost.exe Error:...
  6. PIN - Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to Set up your PIN again -...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. “ Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again.”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “ Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again.”: Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again. is on my screen, when I click to set my pin up it brings me to a window saying I need to download an app from the microsoft store, when I click that nothing happens. I recently downgraded from...
  8. “ Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again.”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    “ Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again.”: Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again. is on my screen, when I click to set my pin up it brings me to a window saying I need to download an app from the microsoft store, when I click that nothing happens. I recently downgraded from...
  9. "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again." with a...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again." with a...: My HP laptop has gotten into this issue a few days ago where it ask "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again." at the login screen every time I start my laptop up. I am also using an external monitor because I have a broken screen. I...
  10. Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again.: Hello, so i recently experienced an issue, i restarted my computer and then after restart i went to the login screen and it says my pin isn't available because something happened, i clicked "Set up my PIN" nothing, it didn't do anything the same message persists all the time...