Windows 10: Something happened to my laptop

Discus and support Something happened to my laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I turn on my laptop the lock screen is black and the wallpaper is black as well I did not change my wallpaper or my lock screen. Every icon like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by nixchuro, Dec 2, 2019.

1. nixchuro Win User

Something happened to my laptop

When I turn on my laptop the lock screen is black and the wallpaper is black as well I did not change my wallpaper or my lock screen. Every icon like the wifi and battery icon hs a white thing around it. Please help.

:)

nixchuro, Dec 2, 2019
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Dec 2, 2019
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Something happened to my laptop

Laptop overclocking adventures

hey guys I'm trying to get clockgen to work on my laptop but can't get any of the plls to work, can you please post like exactly what steps I need to take to test each pll to see if it works? my specs are listed to the left
    thanks!

nflesher87, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Something happened to my laptop

1. Something happened to my laptop - Similar Threads - Something happened laptop

2. something has happened to my app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    something has happened to my app: minecraft has been refunded by someone on my windows laptop can you please help me microsoft ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-has-happened-to-my-app/255c1029-d8da-455f-b6f0-1fe1ead9ee2d
  3. Something weird happening with my acer nitro 5 laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Something weird happening with my acer nitro 5 laptop: My laptop broke a few weeks ago, It has gotten repaired a little over a week ago.And this popped up today where my laptop every once and a while gets really laggy, like 10-20 FPS for around 5-10 seconds.Just not even 20 minutes ago my laptop became laggy for 10 seconds while...
  4. Something weird happening with my acer nitro 5 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something weird happening with my acer nitro 5 laptop: My laptop broke a few weeks ago, It has gotten repaired a little over a week ago.And this popped up today where my laptop every once and a while gets really laggy, like 10-20 FPS for around 5-10 seconds.Just not even 20 minutes ago my laptop became laggy for 10 seconds while...
  5. Something weird happening with my acer nitro 5 laptop

6. I have something bad happening to my laptop!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have something bad happening to my laptop!: Everytime I tried to log in to my computer, I was blocked from accessing it, it keeps saying "You'll need internet for this." even though I was connected to WiFi.Help me, please!This is what happened to me, below when I tried a way to access my computer:...
  7. I have something bad happening to my laptop!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have something bad happening to my laptop!: Everytime I tried to log in to my computer, I was blocked from accessing it, it keeps saying "You'll need internet for this." even though I was connected to WiFi.Help me, please!...
  8. I have something bad happening to my laptop!

I have something bad happening to my laptop!: Everytime I tried to log in to my computer, I was blocked from accessing it, it keeps saying "You'll need internet for this." even though I was connected to WiFi.Help me, please!...
  9. Something weird happened to my laptop..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Something weird happened to my laptop..: 7 year old laptop. W10 Home v1803. Now before you go,"Update your Windows, dumbass!", hear me out. Other than using MCT, v1809 was never pushed to me, which I'm guessing it's due to the problems during initial deployment. By the time v1903 was pushed to me, which was about a...
  10. Something Happened

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Something Happened: I'm trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10, but I keep getting the Message "Something Happened" Windows is trying to determine if your PC can run Windows 10. I have removed my Virus program (MBAM) and cleaned out my Windows.old directories and made sure that Win 7 was...