Windows 10: Something I did turned off the Auto Login feature in Win10 pro

Discus and support Something I did turned off the Auto Login feature in Win10 pro in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Noob here... I recently installed the Vivaldi browser latest upgrade (3.0) and now the auto login doesn't work on any websites. I also noticed the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by arcman, Jun 2, 2020.

1. arcman Win User

Something I did turned off the Auto Login feature in Win10 pro

Noob here...

I recently installed the Vivaldi browser latest upgrade (3.0) and now the auto login doesn't work on any websites. I also noticed the same problem happens using Avant Browser. I don't see other complaints about this at Vivaldi so most likely I caused this.

I don't have to restart the computer. Just closing out the program and restarting, neither remembers I visited. This all worked fine a week ago. Normally all sites remember my settings including logging in, now they treat me as a stranger. Not cool...

I may have inadvertently brought this about by fiddling with something in PC settings or in Norton 360 (less likely) but I've spent quite a bit of time scouring settings and so far, no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

arcman, Jun 2, 2020

2. Turn off auto-login?

To stop the automatic log-in, please follow the
    auto-login to windows steps listed here
    , except when you get to the point to automatically login, check the box instead. That'll turn it off.

If you want to remove the extra account, you can also do that using the same steps (just click the "remove" button).

And finally, if you want to go back to Windows 8.1, get the Windows 8.1 install files

here

PS. You cannot ever delete the account with the actual name of "administrator" or you will ruin your computer.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jun 2, 2020
  3. demonguy Win User
    How to auto login windows 10 if i use Microsoft account?

I didn't solve this by your suggestion. However, i reinstalled windows10, and log in with Microsoft account from start. Then netplwiz works well.

I found a interesting phenomenon. After unchecking the box of netplwiz, and type a wrong password, netplwiz will also exit with no error. Does it mean netplwiz only sotres the password i input and use this for logging in?

I have two hypothesises about netplwiz.
    1. auto login feature is a kernel feature, netplwiz just call this feature, the password you need to input after unchecking the box is just for authentication of current user.
    2. auto login feature is provided at userspace by netplwiz. the password you need to input after unchecking the box is stored somewhere and netplwiz will use this password to log in windows

At first i think first one is correct, but now it seems that second is correct, am i right?

demonguy, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Something I did turned off the Auto Login feature in Win10 pro

How turn off auto numbering ? OneNote App Win10

Hello,

How can I turn off auto numbering (listing) in OneNote, App version in Win 10? Everytime I write a number, it automatically creates a number list, and this is completely pointless. How can I turn this automatic feature off, please?

I tried Seeting, Options, but there's nothing for auto-numbering.

Thanks for the help,

Marcello-Photonics, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Something I did turned off the Auto Login feature in Win10 pro

1. Something I did turned off the Auto Login feature in Win10 pro - Similar Threads - Something did turned

2. My taskbar is auto hiding even though I have the auto hide feature turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My taskbar is auto hiding even though I have the auto hide feature turned off: In Windows 11, on my Inspiron laptop, my taskbar is auto hiding even though the auto hide setting is set to no. What I've tried so far:- Update windows fully up to date- set auto hide and unset it- restarted my laptop multiple times- opened Task Manager and restarted Windows...
  3. My taskbar is auto hiding even though I have the auto hide feature turned off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My taskbar is auto hiding even though I have the auto hide feature turned off: In Windows 11, on my Inspiron laptop, my taskbar is auto hiding even though the auto hide setting is set to no. What I've tried so far:- Update windows fully up to date- set auto hide and unset it- restarted my laptop multiple times- opened Task Manager and restarted Windows...
  4. Win10 updating when I’ve turned off auto updates.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 updating when I’ve turned off auto updates.: I have a shop computer with Windows 10. It runs a CNC machine. I have disabled auto updates. The computer is connected to WiFi to facilitate moving files created in the office. Half way through a 10 hour job, I noticed at the CNC machine had stopped. The monitor on the...
  5. i used the windows features turn on or off but now i tried to turn off some features and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i used the windows features turn on or off but now i tried to turn off some features and...: this is about windows features turn on or off. i tried to turn off some features but when i restart my pc that not working what to do now I still facing this problem...
  6. Turn off auto update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turn off auto update.: This last update took out my sound and some programs stopped working. Is there a way to turn off updates besides scheduling them a month out? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-auto-update/3585d437-9248-4340-8356-49c85a747ff2
  7. Auto turn off network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Auto turn off network: Hi please help me why auto turn off my wifi My windows is update and all drivers but auto torn off wifi or when run steam and start the game my wifi is auto run off and my ping is time out...
  8. Screen auto turn off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen auto turn off: Hello. I have just upgraded to Windows 10 and am having trouble with my screens powering off. They with turn off at the specified time but then will come right back on. Has anyone else had that problem?...
  9. Turn off auto scroll

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Turn off auto scroll: How do I turn off auto scroll on my HP laptop running windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-auto-scroll/b414d54b-d266-4497-a9f2-e0f4432dfc8b
  10. How turn off auto numbering ? OneNote App Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How turn off auto numbering ? OneNote App Win10: Hello, How can I turn off auto numbering (listing) in OneNote, App version in Win 10? Everytime I write a number, it automatically creates a number list, and this is completely pointless. How can I turn this automatic feature off, please? I tried Seeting, Options, but...