Windows 10: Something is deleting my Windows Update dll, service and registry

Discus and support Something is deleting my Windows Update dll, service and registry in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Something is really deleting my Windows Update dll, service and registry everytime I restart my laptop it vanishes so I'm back to square one which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JustinSeñeres, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Something is deleting my Windows Update dll, service and registry

Something is really deleting my Windows Update dll, service and registry everytime I restart my laptop it vanishes so I'm back to square one which where I need to use a reg file to fix the issue and a command to create a new wuauserv.dll. I also tried SFC /scannow and DISM to repair it but it didn't work.

:)

JustinSeñeres, Oct 15, 2020
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Oct 15, 2020
  3. trodas Win User
    Macromedia Flash registry keys non deletable?

Hello, friends.
    On friend machine I made the mistake of installing the Adobe Macromedia Flash, instead of just depacking the installer and copy over the relevant files in Firefox plugins. As result, there are several non-deletable (regeditor refuse to delete them, CCleaner did not delete them as well) registry entries:

Something is deleting my Windows Update dll, service and registry 2ebv0d2_th.jpg

Both from Flash 9b and 10b versions as you can see in the image. Since regedit refuse the delete the keys AND CCleaner also refuse to delete them, I tried even the Registry Booster, yet this one did not even list them as error. If that is significant, I don't know. I just want them to "go away" and don't know how.
    Thinking about Windows PE boot, but not sure if that is safe and if that will allow well me to manipulate with registry... Is not there any other way? There is NOTHING from the flash files in Windows directory at all. All are removed/deleted. I stick with the
    flashplayer.xpt
    NPSWF32.dll
    NPSWF32_FlashUtil.exe
    files extracted from the install and put in Firefox / Plugins, so I will not ever install that crap again. Never did on my machine and no problemo. But in case someone do, is there a known way to fix this? Using the Adobe utility to clean up is NOT the way to do...
    Also installing new version did not seems to fix a thing.

trodas, Oct 15, 2020
  4. Something is deleting my Windows Update dll, service and registry

Is there a way to repair your registry without deleting it?

I thought that sfc /scannow would work but I don't think it repairs the registry, just the .dlls.
    Is there a command that repairs the registry without having to repair XP entirely? I have found that a screwed up registry is the main cause of slow bootup times. But I don't know how to repair it without deleting the registry commands of programs already installed. All I really like to do is add those commands that may have been deleted by mistake or made corrupt by mistake.

Is there a way to do this?

EastCoasthandle, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

Something is deleting my Windows Update dll, service and registry

1. Something is deleting my Windows Update dll, service and registry - Similar Threads - Something deleting Update

2. My windows defender in registry is accidentally deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows defender in registry is accidentally deleted: Please help me I accidentally deleted the windows defender in registry and now I cant open my windows security app. And the windows security center was gone in the services too....
  3. missing DLL and services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    missing DLL and services: i've been on that for too long i need someone to answer because i just can't find anything about it...i've upgraded the ram of my Desktop PC, making sure that it is compatible with the rest of my setup, and after i installed it, i wanted to test how well to can take vr, which...
  4. missing DLL and services

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    missing DLL and services: i've been on that for too long i need someone to answer because i just can't find anything about it...i've upgraded the ram of my Desktop PC, making sure that it is compatible with the rest of my setup, and after i installed it, i wanted to test how well to can take vr, which...
  5. missing DLL and services

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Deleted windows or something

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleted windows or something: Hey. I forgot my password on an old pc and tried to reset it through the bios i think it was. And ended up not deleting pasword but the whole system. I get an error message saying: boot device not found. please install an operating system on your hard disk. f2 system...
  7. How to delete a Service in Windows 10 using Registry or Command-line

in Windows 10 News
    How to delete a Service in Windows 10 using Registry or Command-line: [ATTACH]The Windows Service is a computer process that runs in the background without having a user interaction. It usually gets active when you start your […] This article How to delete a Service in Windows 10 using Registry or Command-line first appeared on...
  8. Registry error for my .dll file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Registry error for my .dll file: I am trying to install capicom .dll for my digital signature but am getting error 0x80020009. The regsvr32 from command prompt is also not working. What should I do to resolve the problem...
  9. delete dll

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    delete dll: how can i delete a dll file which requires an authenticated user https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-dll/a03b83f9-ba40-4ff3-8b7d-d3044b0d50f3
  10. Accessing the DLL and Registry

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Accessing the DLL and Registry: Good afternoon, How can I access the DLL and the registry? I am a beginner and just want to poke around, not change anything. I am using WIN10 Pro. 122436