Windows 10: Something is eating up my C-drives free space

Discus and support Something is eating up my C-drives free space in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Drive #1 - Samsung SSD 960 EVO 250GB 232 GB C: I'm able to find 50GB of files when I check, but I only have about 10GB of free space. I turned off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SverreMunthe, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Something is eating up my C-drives free space

Drive #1 - Samsung SSD 960 EVO 250GB 232 GB C:

I'm able to find 50GB of files when I check, but I only have about 10GB of free space. I turned off hibernation, which gave me another 20GB. This was 4 days ago. Now I have about 10GB free space.

My C-drive is the OS only, plus other things that refuses to be installed on anything but the C-drive, which is precious little, thank god.

All libraries have been moved to the D-drive, where I also install all 3'rd-party apps and programs.

I have set up the folders to show hidden and system files. I have gone through all the top level directories and done a left-click/properties, to check how much is in the folders, and came up with about 50GB.

I have done error checking and optimize.

I have used the in-built disk cleanup tool, which doesn't find much to remove.

:)

SverreMunthe, Aug 17, 2020

2. Updates eating c drive space in Windows 10

Frequent updates suggestion keep coming from Windows as well as from HP. As I keep all the applications updated I have observed my c drive space has become less and it has slowed down my laptop.

After the installation of new updates my c drive space is shrinking incessantly .

Could you please suggest what can be done so that machine doesn't become slow and c drive has enough space.

YaminiDhapola, Aug 17, 2020
  3. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Aug 17, 2020
  4. Ruz San Win User

Something is eating up my C-drives free space

Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CSomething is eating up my C-drives free space :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Aug 17, 2020
Thema:

Something is eating up my C-drives free space

1. Something is eating up my C-drives free space - Similar Threads - Something eating drives

2. Any way to free up space on my C Drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Any way to free up space on my C Drive?: Hello, I have had my system for quite some time now roughly 5-6 years, starting as a pre-built and upgrading it to where the only thing that has stayed the same throughout, is the C drive and the case. After stupidly only using my C drive for everything for a good chunk of...
  3. Any way to free up space on my C Drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any way to free up space on my C Drive?: Hello, I have had my system for quite some time now roughly 5-6 years, starting as a pre-built and upgrading it to where the only thing that has stayed the same throughout, is the C drive and the case. After stupidly only using my C drive for everything for a good chunk of...
  4. Any way to free up space on my C Drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Freeing space on C drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Freeing space on C drive: Version 21H1 OS Build 19043.1110 I am trying to free up space on my C drive which is a 500Gb SSD. I install all programs to my 2Tb HD. Windirstat tells me Tom Tom the sat nav takes up 153 Gb on my C drive. So I want to uninstall it. Windows said it was uninstalling it from...
  6. Freeing up space on C:

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Freeing up space on C:: Is there a simple app that'll show what paths on C: contain all the data? My C: is 230GB and 192GB is used. 5GB is in C:\Users\Me\AppData. Can some (what?) be safely deleted? Thanks. Using Win 10.0.19041.964 180693
  7. Freeing up space on C:

in Windows 10 Support
    Freeing up space on C:: Is there a simple app that'll show what paths on C: contain all the data? My C: is 230GB and 192GB is used. 5GB is in C:\Users\Me\AppData. Can some (what?) be safely deleted? Thanks. Using Win 10.0.19041.964 180693
  8. My OS C: Drive is mysteriously eating up space….

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My OS C: Drive is mysteriously eating up space….: So, about a week ago my C: drive space is about 101 GB and yesterday after I did my windows update, it went down to 74 GB. Now, I am stuck at 80.6 GB. Why is the Hard Drive keeps filling up by itself automatically for no reason on Windows 10? It will probably will go down...
  9. What's eating up my \C: drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    What's eating up my \C: drive?: This morning my c: drive shows 10.7 GB free, on a 117 GB SSD, looking at the files and folders on C:, with View set to show hidden files and folders and protected OS files not hidden, adding up the size of each comes to 82 GB, that 24 GB unaccounted for. Any clues? 1903...
  10. Something is eating my free storage space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Something is eating my free storage space: Something is eating my free storage space. I almost ran our of space on the drive where Windows 10 is installed. So I compressed that whole drive. That freed up 9 GB. However, over the next couple days that free space became, 7 the 6 then 5 then 4 and now 2.5 GB. I have...