Windows 10: Something is eating up my RAM and I can't find it.

Discus and support Something is eating up my RAM and I can't find it. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Everything started after I installed that goddamn Oracle Database Express Edition, and uninstalling apparently uninstalling it doesn't solve anything.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by somedood, Mar 19, 2019.

1. somedood Win User

Something is eating up my RAM and I can't find it.

Everything started after I installed that goddamn Oracle Database Express Edition, and uninstalling apparently uninstalling it doesn't solve anything. With 8gb RAM, the memory usage is around 60-62% on idle (if you exclude Nordvpn), which is way too high. Some process obviously eats up my RAM and it won't even show up on Task Manager window. Windows 7 had an option to show all processes in Task Manager window, so why Windows 10 doesn't?

The image below is a screenshot of Task Manager while my pc is on idle. I am getting desperate becuse I can't do the stuff I should be doing right now because of this bs. Please help me!

Something is eating up my RAM and I can't find it. [​IMG]

:)

somedood, Mar 19, 2019
  2. Alex_703 Win User

Win-10 eating up ram ?...

I know there is a problem with Google chrome eating up all the ram on my Macs.

I think it is doing the same thing on my Win-10 computers.

As soon as I close Google chrome browser my ram usage drops back down to normal.

How can I print out the list of running processes ?

Something is eating up my RAM and I can't find it. 99d8f12b-0586-42ee-b1d5-554b9789c095.jpg

Alex_703, Mar 19, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 19, 2019
  4. Something is eating up my RAM and I can't find it.

"System and compressed memory" eating my cpu and ram !

Hello everybody

I have Asus G75vx and win10 . I noticed that "System and compressed memory" is eating my cpu and ram. i searched in the forum with the similar subject and some of them suggested to disable hibernation . nut for me is always disable and i never use hibernation.

is there any solution for this disaster problem ?

thank you

MahdiMohammadnezhad, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

Something is eating up my RAM and I can't find it.

1. Something is eating up my RAM and I can't find it. - Similar Threads - Something eating RAM

2. Something is eating up my RAM and I can't find it.

in Windows 10 Support
    Something is eating up my RAM and I can't find it.: Everything started after I installed that goddamn Oracle Database Express Edition, and uninstalling apparently uninstalling it doesn't solve anything. With 8gb RAM, the memory usage is around 60-62% on idle (if you exclude Nordvpn), which is way too high. Some process...
  3. I can't find my product key

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can't find my product key: please hep me. I want to change my background's photo and lock screen's photo but I can't change because first I must activate my windows and I DON'T KNOW MY PRODUCKT KEY. please help me....
  4. I Can't find my movies.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I Can't find my movies.: Hi, I have a HP Pavilion dv7 notebook pc. My problem is that I create a folder for my movies. And I've lost them. I thought I might have deleted it. But today, I was making a playlist using my VLC media player. And there it was. My movie folder. I ended up restarting my...
  5. i can't find cellular on my pc

i can't find cellular on my pc: my pc is hp elitebook folio 9480m, I have a sim slot but I could not find cellular on network and internet setting, I have also downloaded anew mobile boardband driver, I can't still find the cellular, please help me...
  6. I can't find my Notepad

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't find my Notepad: I can't find notepad, nor can I see accessories. Using win 10. I have certainly used it in the past. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/i-cant-find-my-notepad/cffab437-db19-4553-82c1-259d992b73e4
  7. I can't find a computer in my network.

I can't find a computer in my network.: Hey, I am Neha. We have total of 4 computers in the network and out of that i can't find 1 computer. The main issue is this problem is just faced by me. The other 3 computers can see all the computers in their network. Looking forward for a immediate reply. Thank you 112882
  8. I can't seem to find my administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I can't seem to find my administrator: [img] I have no option to say yes when I run newly downloaded applications and anything that's ran as administrator. I don't think I have an administrator so I can't seem to run these files. My problem is just like the picture just on windows 10. Thanks for the help. 61045
  9. SVCHOST eating up memory

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SVCHOST eating up memory: What services of svchost should I disable? I think it's eating up my memory. I think if the computer has 2GB RAM, it should have only like 30-40% usage but I have 63% [img] [img] 31580
  10. ntoskrnl.exe eating up memory

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    ntoskrnl.exe eating up memory: The process (ntoskrnl.exe) with a task name System is eating up memory [img] I found on the other forums that Windows Update setting is causing it, but I can't disable it because when I try to disable it, I can't open Windows Upate AB0XMwa3knw 33538