Windows 10: Something is spamming my downloads folder and I dont know why and what is causing it

Discus and support Something is spamming my downloads folder and I dont know why and what is causing it in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Everyday, I see that my downloads folder is just full of random things suck as 06 5a 5c stuff like that, and I don't know if its a virus or not so I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by yujinn_406, May 26, 2021.

1. Something is spamming my downloads folder and I dont know why and what is causing it

Everyday, I see that my downloads folder is just full of random things suck as 06 5a 5c stuff like that, and I don't know if its a virus or not so I need help, and I don't know if this is a virus or not

:)

yujinn_406, May 26, 2021

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 26, 2021
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Loss of Spam folder in Yahoo email on Windows 10

Hi,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• How are you accessing Yahoo mail e.g. Browser, Mail app?
    • Did you make any hardware and software changes to your computer prior to this issue?

If you are using Yahoo mail in Mail app follow the steps below and check if that helps.

Run the Windows App Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to download and run the app troubleshooter from the below link and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If you are accessing Yahoo mail through browser then try using a different browser and check if the issue persists.

Do let us know if you are able to find Spam folder in Yahoo mail. Thank you.

Pavan_N, May 26, 2021
  4. Something is spamming my downloads folder and I dont know why and what is causing it

Spam Emails for pop3

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

• Which email address is configured in the Mail app?

If you have Outlook.com configured then you may refer to the suggestions provided by “Dhenz S” from this thread to check if that helps.

How to block spam emails in Outlook.com?

You need to look at the “View installed Updates” screen to see the list of recently installed updates.

Follow these steps to view installed updates:

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Programs and Features”.

• Click on “View Installed Updates”.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, May 26, 2021
Thema:

Something is spamming my downloads folder and I dont know why and what is causing it

1. Something is spamming my downloads folder and I dont know why and what is causing it - Similar Threads - Something spamming downloads

2. I dont know whats causing my blue screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I dont know whats causing my blue screens: I've spent thousands on my pc to get it fixed, changed new computer parts and a new processor. ive changed the BIOS setting upon knowing my processor is partially overclocked know im still getting blue screens. ive checked the event viewer and solved a few culprits but know...
  3. I dont know whats causing my blue screens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I dont know whats causing my blue screens: I've spent thousands on my pc to get it fixed, changed new computer parts and a new processor. ive changed the BIOS setting upon knowing my processor is partially overclocked know im still getting blue screens. ive checked the event viewer and solved a few culprits but know...
  4. I dont know whats causing my blue screens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. i dont know why my games wont download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i dont know why my games wont download: I'm trying to download some childhood games from disks I've kept throughout the years but whenever I try to download them, it says an administrator blocked the action/download... I AM the administrator but I cant figure out how open the administrator options or to change the...
  6. i dont know why my games wont download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i dont know why my games wont download: I'm trying to download some childhood games from disks I've kept throughout the years but whenever I try to download them, it says an administrator blocked the action/download... I AM the administrator but I cant figure out how open the administrator options or to change the...
  7. My folder contents mixed and I dont know why.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My folder contents mixed and I dont know why.: Hi I am really confused about a tech issue. Will try to detail it as best I can. I have 2 folders A and B each containing different contents. However, I did not realise that their folder names are exactly the same. The individual files within both folders are named...
  8. Something on my pc is blocking ads, but i dont know what

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Something on my pc is blocking ads, but i dont know what: Something on my pc is blocking ads, but I don't know what it is. It isn't my browser because that doesn't have a ad blocker on it, Do you have any ideas on what may be blocking ads on my browser, I.e windows security i have checked windows security and I don't think...
  9. my calendar is in chinese or something i dont know why or how

in Windows 10 Customization
    my calendar is in chinese or something i dont know why or how: all of my settings are in English or Spanish but calendar keeps showing numbers in Chinese corean or some Asian language I don't even know what it is please don't make a meme out of this question, this is a serious question. thanks...
  10. Something's doing something and I don't know what's causing it and I don't know what to do

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Something's doing something and I don't know what's causing it and I don't know what to do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP9auO41B2g&feature=youtu.be Hey here's a video that shows what's going on. I tried updating what could be updated, I tried replugging both my mouse and keyboard, even tried switching to a different mouse, but the problem still comes back. I...