Windows 10: Something is still wrong after 2 reset and reinstalls.

Discus and support Something is still wrong after 2 reset and reinstalls. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have a desktop running windows 10. The other day I ran into some issues and restarted my pc and it went into automatic repair. I was told... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by docdalton, Aug 26, 2021.

1. docdalton Win User

Something is still wrong after 2 reset and reinstalls.

Hello, I have a desktop running windows 10. The other day I ran into some issues and restarted my pc and it went into automatic repair. I was told automatic repair could not fix it, and upon doing some research I found I had corrupted windows files. I attempted every fix I could find online, including but not limited to "sfc /scannow", and "chkdsk" and using recovery media I pulled from my laptop. I was finally able to get the pc reset and windows reinstalled after being told it was unable to reset my pc, but now I am noticing everything is running very slow, and I'm unable to log into my Micr

:)

docdalton, Aug 26, 2021
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Aug 26, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Something is still wrong after 2 reset and reinstalls. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 26, 2021
  4. Something is still wrong after 2 reset and reinstalls.

wrong bios programmed on my card what now?

are you kidding? or is this being lost in language barriers?(if so, then id suggest trying google translateon the list above, or reading it several times, im sorry that i cant help with that part) the PCIe slot is what you need, thats where you plug the GPU into. follow the step by step guide, that is your solution. VGA= Video Graphics array, or adapter in this case, AKA GPU, Aka, Video Card.

The 2nd gpu acts as a way to boot into OS since you're not able to do so with the damaged GPU. I don't know what your system specs are but if you have onboard graphics enable them in your bios and then reset your PC or do it after a reset depending on what your motherboard requires that will allow you to boot into your operating system then follow the steps after number three in the list above.( note that if you do not have built-in graphics on your CPU this is where you will use a second GPU )

i hope this helps......Best of luck, i have 35minutes to get dressed, and be on a transport to Kessel.......another day covered in Spice, *Frown Something is still wrong after 2 reset and reinstalls. :( (atleast im working in the Refinery *Wink Something is still wrong after 2 reset and reinstalls. ;) )

jboydgolfer, Aug 26, 2021
Thema:

Something is still wrong after 2 reset and reinstalls.

1. Something is still wrong after 2 reset and reinstalls. - Similar Threads - Something still wrong

2. Something wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something wrong: So I deleted an account that I was on in the lock screen because I had cmd prompt in th lock menu and now it won't let me change accounts and everytime I try to login it says "the user profile service failed the sign in user profile cannot be loaded" and then when I press ok...
  3. Something's wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something's wrong: So I was charging my computer recently. It registered for a second that it was charging, and then didn't charge. I've tried switching cords. Nothing worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/somethings-wrong/c88de674-26d3-405b-958a-bd58bacbb6df
  4. Something's wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something's wrong: So I was charging my computer recently. It registered for a second that it was charging, and then didn't charge. I've tried switching cords. Nothing worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/somethings-wrong/c88de674-26d3-405b-958a-bd58bacbb6df
  5. Factory reset is stuck on 92%, is something wrong?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset is stuck on 92%, is something wrong?: Hi. I did a windows factory reset for my laptop, it is stuck on 92% installing. It’s been 7 days now, and it keeps on restarting once it gets to 92% and goes back to 64%. I tried restarting the PC, but as soon as it’s back on, it returns to that screen and loads at 64%. I...
  6. Factory reset is stuck on 92%, is something wrong?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory reset is stuck on 92%, is something wrong?: Hi. I did a windows factory reset for my laptop, it is stuck on 92% installing. It’s been 7 days now, and it keeps on restarting once it gets to 92% and goes back to 64%. I tried restarting the PC, but as soon as it’s back on, it returns to that screen and loads at 64%. I...
  7. Why is my Pc still slow after 2 reset and reinstalls.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is my Pc still slow after 2 reset and reinstalls.: Hello, I have a desktop running windows 10. The other day I ran into some issues and restarted my pc and it went into automatic repair. I was told automatic repair could not fix it, and upon doing some research I found I had corrupted windows files. I attempted every fix I...
  8. Something wrong after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Something wrong after update: Hi, A few weeks ago, I let an update run which took quite a lot of time. Since that update, I've been having some serious issues with windows 10. First, my background image just suddenly disappeared, and got replaced with a full black background color. Second, the...
  9. Something Wrong?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Something Wrong?: I already coming 3 month onedrive can't link at my laptop.... Pesonal drive can Busines and edu drive cannot At web side can login in can open everything ok Can't login in laptop only Personal login in not problem but not used becouse this my working laptop personal drive...
  10. Something wrong with BIOS after complete reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Something wrong with BIOS after complete reset: I was gifted a laptop that belonged to somebody previously, and he had it reset completely today. I went in to check on its progress restarting, only to see it had loaded to the BIOS. I looked around for an option that was just "boot", and as I did that I set the admin and...