Windows 10: something is taking up all my space in my apps and features in storage

Discus and support something is taking up all my space in my apps and features in storage in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i am trying to download a game that is roughly 80 gb, but there is not enough room in my hard drive. when i went to storage to uninstall apps, i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EliWilliams1, Mar 20, 2020.

1. something is taking up all my space in my apps and features in storage

i am trying to download a game that is roughly 80 gb, but there is not enough room in my hard drive. when i went to storage to uninstall apps, i couldn't find any apps or features taking up significant room- but it still says apps and installations are taking up 171 gb. can someone please tell me what do do?

Thanks

:)

EliWilliams1, Mar 20, 2020
  2. Treole Win User

Apps & features disc space doesn't add up to storage use listed

Under "Settings," and "Storage," my OS_Install (Csomething is taking up all my space in my apps and features in storage :) total size is 238 GB.

Under "This is how your storage is used and how you can free up space," it says...

Apps & features....98.8 GB

Yet even a cursory total of all programs listed (by size) under Apps & features reveals a total of about 1.5 GB.

And, a bunch of programs are listed at the bottom (including at least one that needs a lot of storage space) without *any* numbers.

Should I presume that the Settings -> Storage utility is incapable of listing ALL programs and all of the space they require?

Why the massive difference (98.8 GB vs 1.5 GB)?

Treole, Mar 20, 2020
  3. Storage Space

Surface Pro 3 storage space is low. Storage settings say that Apps and Games is using 17.5 GB but when I add up the space from the list of apps it is only 5.7 GB. What is taking up up the other ~12 GB and how do I free up space?

renataAtkinson1, Mar 20, 2020
  4. something is taking up all my space in my apps and features in storage

Storage Problem

Hi,

It's possible that the 346GB of space that you're seeing under the Apps & games window refers to the available space of the selected drive and not the actual usage. To confirm this information, we suggest that you check the total
    usage through the Storage usage screen instead. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Click the Start menu or Windows icon.
    • Select the gear icon or Settings.
    • Select System > Storage.
    • Under Choose a drive to see what's taking up space, select
      This PC (Drive letter)
    • Under Apps & games, check if the space usage exceeds the estimate 140GB of space.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

something is taking up all my space in my apps and features in storage

1. something is taking up all my space in my apps and features in storage - Similar Threads - something taking space

2. How to see apps taking up all my storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to see apps taking up all my storage: So in my settings i can see that my apps are taking up a lot of storage but it does not show me apps that add up to the 88Gb. I downloaded treesize but i don't know how to check all my apps and stuff to see what things are taking all my storage. Can someone tell me how to use...
  3. How to see apps taking up all my storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to see apps taking up all my storage: So in my settings i can see that my apps are taking up a lot of storage but it does not show me apps that add up to the 88Gb. I downloaded treesize but i don't know how to check all my apps and stuff to see what things are taking all my storage. Can someone tell me how to use...
  4. How to see apps taking up all my storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My storage space for apps and features is showing 145GB

My storage space for apps and features is showing 145GB: So I'm trying to free up some storage and my apps and features are showing 145GB but when I go to sort them all in size the biggest one is only 1.79GB I know this isn't right because I have Steam and few games from there are 13GB but even then it wouldn't add up to 145GB...
  6. My storage space for apps and features is showing 145GB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My storage space for apps and features is showing 145GB: So I'm trying to free up some storage and my apps and features are showing 145GB but when I go to sort them all in size the biggest one is only 1.79GB I know this isn't right because I have Steam and few games from there are 13GB but even then it wouldn't add up to 145GB...
  7. System Apps On My Microsoft Laptop Taking Up Most of My Storage Space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Apps On My Microsoft Laptop Taking Up Most of My Storage Space: Good morning, before making this post, I scanned the internet including this site mainly for people with similar problems to mine. I managed to find some, but the directions from Microsoft admins and other users did not seem to fit my case or solve anything. Below I will give...
  8. System Apps On My Microsoft Laptop Taking Up Most of My Storage Space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Apps On My Microsoft Laptop Taking Up Most of My Storage Space: Good morning, before making this post, I scanned the internet including this site mainly for people with similar problems to mine. I managed to find some, but the directions from Microsoft admins and other users did not seem to fit my case or solve anything. Below I will give...
  9. STORAGE - Apps & Features is taking up a lot of space.

STORAGE - Apps & Features is taking up a lot of space.: My Apps & Features is taking up 150gb of storage; the total apps I have don't come anywhere near even 5gb.Where is the rest of this coming from? I am trying to backup my phone to my iTunes and I cannot do so because my local disk is full. I have checked pictures/videos, maps,...
  10. My apps dont take as much space as it shows in storage at apps and features

My apps dont take as much space as it shows in storage at apps and features: The space that is says they are taking 40GB my apps that are downloaded take only 8GB i dont know what are the rest of the files or apps that are taking this space, cause its only feature is to look at apps and features and they only show that part of 8Gb memory of apps...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is my apps and features so big