Windows 10: Something is taking up RAM?

Discus and support Something is taking up RAM? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi!! Im having a problem that something is steadily using up more and more of my computers memory as I use it. I haven't even been using it for more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PinUpPlague, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Something is taking up RAM?

Hi!!

Im having a problem that something is steadily using up more and more of my computers memory as I use it. I haven't even been using it for more than an hour today before having to restart it because 90%+ is being used on something that I just cannot find.

Just now before booting up chrome and posting this I'd restarted my pc, its gone from 18% memory to 30% and is still climbing, I have done nothing but open chrome.

When I look through task manager and resource manager nothing is using anything more than it should be. The highest uses are going to windows and discord about 200,000 kbs each which as I'm not tech savvy seems normal to me.

The service host processes are steadily climbing starting at around 10mbs each and ending up on 100+ each. Is that the issue?

I only got the computer about a month ago and up until then it has been fine. It's a gaming pc with 16gb of ram this shouldn't be happening when im not even playing games. Last night there was a driver update and since then my ram is just being consumed by something I cannot find.

:)

PinUpPlague, Jan 1, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 1, 2020
  3. To RAM or not to RAM...

Hey genesis what hardware have you bought, you might be able to save on the ram and step up the rest of the hardware a little...

Or you could go out on the town as suggested... *Big Grin Something is taking up RAM? :D

DrunkenMafia, Jan 1, 2020
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

Something is taking up RAM?

geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

Something is taking up RAM?

1. Something is taking up RAM? - Similar Threads - Something taking RAM

2. explorer.exe takes up 1.8GB RAM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    explorer.exe takes up 1.8GB RAM: Anyone else noticed this? Happens automatically with time, desktop still usable but slow. After killing explorer.exe and rerun it goes back to 45MB RAM which is expected. I rarely restart the PC. Looks like memory overflow, who wrote this shit?! Windows 7 never had this...
  3. Something is taking up too much space.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Something is taking up too much space.: Every time I run Automatic's version of Stable Diffusion it takes up more and more space the longer I use it. I've tried cleaning the disk, resetting my virtual memory, and trying to hunt down where the files actually are that take up space. I think it has something to do...
  4. Something is taking up too much space.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something is taking up too much space.: Every time I run Automatic's version of Stable Diffusion it takes up more and more space the longer I use it. I've tried cleaning the disk, resetting my virtual memory, and trying to hunt down where the files actually are that take up space. I think it has something to do...
  5. Something is taking up too much space.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows taking up lots of RAM or memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows taking up lots of RAM or memory: Recently I've found my laptop to be using lots of memory when i don't even have anything open. It often goes to 100% CPU on start up. I have a pretty good laptop too Dell inspiron2n1 7306. I believe this has caused some other issues too. Any ideas? - ive tried most of the...
  7. lsass.exe is taking up 80% of my ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    lsass.exe is taking up 80% of my ram: i fixed a net 3.5 downloading error and once it was done, now lsass kicked into overdrive, i had a virus in the past but i believe it was removed, is there a fix for it?...
  8. Something is taking up 3+ gigs of my RAM and I can't see it in task manager

Something is taking up 3+ gigs of my RAM and I can't see it in task manager: Title. I've disabled Superfetch, checked if my computer was processing my RAM properly through my BIOS, checked my drivers, everything I can do. I've ended up solving my disk issue I was having, but now I'm stuck on this. What the everliving HELL is taking up all my memory...
  9. Too much RAM taking up, for no reason.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Too much RAM taking up, for no reason.: Well Since a few days, my RAM has always been at 60% or more, even when I just start my computer, at the starting, only RAM always displays 60% or sometimes even more with no apps even being opened. I have a few apps installed only, which are the Basic apps Windows 10...
  10. Something taking up almost 100% of RAM

Something taking up almost 100% of RAM: I have a problem that causes my RAM to constantly be at 90-97% while I really have 1/16GB in use. Upon opening Task Manager > Performance > Memory. I noticed that my non-paged pool was at 2GB. I tried to enable ClearPageFileAtShutdown, restarted my PC, did not help. I then...