Windows 10: Something is taking up space on my C drive and I don't know what it is.

Discus and support Something is taking up space on my C drive and I don't know what it is. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've scanned for malware, I troubleshooted it, and for some reason I don't have space on it at all.When I go to system storage even the numbers of GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Uroš Srbljanin, Jul 5, 2023.

1. Something is taking up space on my C drive and I don't know what it is.

I've scanned for malware, I troubleshooted it, and for some reason I don't have space on it at all.When I go to system storage even the numbers of GB don't add up.It says 160 GB is taken, but when I add all GB together it should only be around 120 even that sounds like it's too much, I hardly got anything installed on my C drive. Any solution to this?

:)

Uroš Srbljanin, Jul 5, 2023

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Jul 5, 2023
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CSomething is taking up space on my C drive and I don't know what it is. :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Jul 5, 2023
  4. Something is taking up space on my C drive and I don't know what it is.

Windows is taking up too much hard drive space.

Hi Trisha,

Windows might have been accumulated large drive space due to installed apps, temporary files, or etc. For us to identify which item mostly accumulates your drive space, we suggest that you check it here:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Storage, and then press Enter.
    • Under Local Storage, click on This
      PC (CSomething is taking up space on my C drive and I don't know what it is. :).
    • On this window, you will see which item mot accumulate your drive space.

We also recommend that you follow the steps given on this article on how to
    free up drive space in Windows 10
    . Click on every drop down to view the steps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Jul 5, 2023
Thema:

Something is taking up space on my C drive and I don't know what it is.

1. Something is taking up space on my C drive and I don't know what it is. - Similar Threads - Something taking space

2. How do I find what's taking up space on my C drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I find what's taking up space on my C drive?: Storage usage shows 130 GB used by Installed apps, but when I click for more details, the list provided doesn't add up to that at all. Where is the rest of that 130 GB?I'm trying to add screenshots here but they won't seem to upload for some reason....
  3. How do I find what's taking up space on my C drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I find what's taking up space on my C drive?: Storage usage shows 130 GB used by Installed apps, but when I click for more details, the list provided doesn't add up to that at all. Where is the rest of that 130 GB?I'm trying to add screenshots here but they won't seem to upload for some reason....
  4. How do I find what's taking up space on my C drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Something is taking up space on my C drive and I don't know what it is.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something is taking up space on my C drive and I don't know what it is.: I've scanned for malware, I troubleshooted it, and for some reason I don't have space on it at all.When I go to system storage even the numbers of GB don't add up.It says 160 GB is taken, but when I add all GB together it should only be around 120 even that sounds like it's...
  6. Something is taking up space on my C drive and I don't know what it is.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Something is taking up space on my C drive and I don't know what it is.: I've scanned for malware, I troubleshooted it, and for some reason I don't have space on it at all.When I go to system storage even the numbers of GB don't add up.It says 160 GB is taken, but when I add all GB together it should only be around 120 even that sounds like it's...
  7. Something's up with my computer and I don't know what it is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something's up with my computer and I don't know what it is...: Hello,Almost a week ago, my computer went into an Automatic Repair Loop out of the blue. There was nothing wrong with it before it went into the ARL. I tried fixing it by doing 2 system restorations. They didn't help with anything, so I tried starting my computer in safe mode...
  8. Something's up with my computer and I don't know what it is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something's up with my computer and I don't know what it is...: Hello,Almost a week ago, my computer went into an Automatic Repair Loop out of the blue. There was nothing wrong with it before it went into the ARL. I tried fixing it by doing 2 system restorations. They didn't help with anything, so I tried starting my computer in safe mode...
  9. Something's up with my computer and I don't know what it is...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Something is using all my disc space and I don't know what.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Something is using all my disc space and I don't know what.: Hey, I have an SSD drive that apperently is almost full. A few days ago i checked it out, and i realised that a video gamed called Halo that i downloaded in the microsoft store with an xbox game pass took 150 gb of space on my disc. I clicked the uninstall button in the...