Windows 10: Something is up Windows 10 and HP Scanners and their scan buttons.

Discus and support Something is up Windows 10 and HP Scanners and their scan buttons. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I love when this happens. Something is clearly happening to 1000's of people and you search the vendor website and it's clear they don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ProfessorFroth, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Something is up Windows 10 and HP Scanners and their scan buttons.

Something is up Windows 10 and HP Scanners and their scan buttons. 1AFjW0qbRc5M-bC49fDYdHgeB1a_xeqBOl3Df_6cQPc.jpg

I love when this happens. Something is clearly happening to 1000's of people and you search the vendor website and it's clear they don't even know what's happening. Neither does Microsoft.

ARGH!

ARGGHHH!!

Here's what *I* know. We could chalk up roughly 100 instances of this issue at my organization alone. Brand new scanners out the box.

Windows 10 has updated, and has added a scanner section in it's settings app (love it, really I do).
    On other threads about this, someone stated that uninstalling HP drivers doesn't always purge the object from this section of windows. I had an error trying to remove from that section on a machine that had gone through a major windows update and ended up having to install a fresh image with the new version of windows. That seemed to do the trick.

The scanner button doesn't seem to work, no clue why that's a thing. I notice that it was the first thing to go though.

Any tech's out there drilled down to the service and registry level for this issue? I saw one thread about changing settings in the WIA (Windows Image Acquisition) service. This will be my next avenue.

P.S.

That scan doctor app of theirs doesn't fix anything in my case.

submitted by /u/ProfessorFroth
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ProfessorFroth, Aug 7, 2020
  2. entropy13 Win User

Scanner quit working..

Yeah, no basic Windows 7 drivers at least? Although it's both a printer and a scanner, I didn't install any drivers from HP. I just let Windows 7 get some basic drivers from me. So at least I can print with the printer through any program, and I go to "Devices and Printers" and use "Scan" there instead of pressing the "Scan" button in the printer-scanner itself (which would require the drivers from HP).

entropy13, Aug 7, 2020
  3. ArtTrier Win User
    HP All In One Printer/Scanner/FAX J6400 series - Can't scan w/Windows 10

I have done everything that you have suggested and Windows 10 still will not allow me to scan. All my HP drivers are current and the HP online help process indicates that my printer is fine and online. Any other suggestions?

ArtTrier, Aug 7, 2020
  4. Something is up Windows 10 and HP Scanners and their scan buttons.

Windows Fax and Scan - changing scanner

Thanks, Andre, and thanks for the screenshots. I deleted all my scanners except one (the
    Epson WF-7720 MFC). Windows Fax & Scan still tried to use another scanner, even though it was no longer showing on the Windows 10 Printers & Scanners screen nor the Device manager > Printers list. I found that scanner
    hiding in Device Manager > Imaging Devices and deleted it there.

Now when I try to start a scan, Windows Fax and Scan says "No scanners were detected..." Same error message when I use Ethan's Tools > Scan Settings suggestion. After that
    error message there is no screen to change/choose a scanner. Arghh.

Note that I can use the Epson scanner just fine with most other software:

• Corel PaintShop Pro X9 [32 bit] File > Import > From Scanner or Camera says "There appears to be no camera, scanner...present..."
    • Corel PaintShop Pro X9 [32 bit] File > Import > TWAIN source > Select Source lists all my scanners (and a webcam Something is up Windows 10 and HP Scanners and their scan buttons. :) and I can select my Epson and scan OK.
    • Corel PaintShop Pro X9 [64 bit] File > Import > From Scanner or Camera says "There appears to be no camera, scanner...present..."
    • Corel PaintShop Pro X9 [64 bit] File > Import > TWAIN source > Select Source lists nothing. Apparently, that is a known bug in the 64 bit version. Maybe that is
      a clue why Windows Fax and Scan can't see my scanner?
    • Epson Scan 2 works (it should; it came with the Epson WF-7720 MFC). Strangely, it lists two scanners: "Epson WF-7710/7720 Series(Network 01)" and "Epson
      WF-7710/7720 Series(Network 02)".
    • NAPS2 ("Not Another PDF Scanner") has a Profiles button that shows my Epson scanner and scans OK. Interestingly, when I use that Profiles button to add a new scanner and select WIA driver, nothing is listed. When I
      select TWAIN Driver, I see the Windows Select Source screen that lists all my scanners (and a webcam Something is up Windows 10 and HP Scanners and their scan buttons. :) (just like PaintShop Pro above). Maybe Windows Fax and Scan only sees WIA devices and not TWAIN devices??

David the IT Guy, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

Something is up Windows 10 and HP Scanners and their scan buttons.

1. Something is up Windows 10 and HP Scanners and their scan buttons. - Similar Threads - Something Scanners scan

2. "Windows Fax and Scan" No scanner detected But "HP Scan and Capture" Works

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Windows Fax and Scan" No scanner detected But "HP Scan and Capture" Works: Scanner and feeder stopped working days ago. WIA scanning fails on an up to date Windows 10 with HP M1536 mft printer/scanner. "HP Scan and Capture" works but not "Windows Fax and Scan" No scanner detected or Adobe applications WIA device not found. I modified WIA services...
  3. "Windows Fax and Scan" No scanner detected But "HP Scan and Capture" Works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Windows Fax and Scan" No scanner detected But "HP Scan and Capture" Works: Scanner and feeder stopped working days ago. WIA scanning fails on an up to date Windows 10 with HP M1536 mft printer/scanner. "HP Scan and Capture" works but not "Windows Fax and Scan" No scanner detected or Adobe applications WIA device not found. I modified WIA services...
  4. "Windows Fax and Scan" No scanner detected But "HP Scan and Capture" Works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. my HP Scanner won't scan

my HP Scanner won't scan: scanner HP7250 won't scan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hp-scanner-wont-scan/c838a276-47e8-4dd3-addf-4e4600ec3db5
  6. Windows 10 and HP Scan

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 and HP Scan: I do not want to switch to S mode. I have an HP printer/scanner. The printer works just find, but the scanner won't find the device. I fear switching to S mode. Is there a way to have the hp scanner work with Windows 10 without switching?...
  7. scanner not scanning

scanner not scanning: I have a Epson WF 2850 all in one device, Scanner is not scanning? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanner-not-scanning/e7a6e901-a629-4019-a946-8444f2966884
  8. HP Scanner

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HP Scanner: When I scan multiple pages of a document, each page is its own document. The scanner is an HP CEDC3A Office Jet Pro 9010. How can I scan a multiple page document to be saved as one document? Thanks MSFT Community....
  9. HP scanner

HP scanner: We got a new computer. Our multipurpose wireless printer, an HP ENVY 4520, will print, but we can't get the scanner to scan anything. How do we get the scanner to work and be recognized by our Dell computer? Thanks...
  10. Windows 10 won't operate scan on HP LaserJet M1522nf printer/scanner.

Windows 10 won't operate scan on HP LaserJet M1522nf printer/scanner.: Prints OK but will not scan. Have tried all the driver updates, etc. HP says buy a new printer. Has anyone made this work somehow? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wont-operate-scan-on-hp-laserjet/e7809dde-da0e-4738-96f8-6237175855f3