Windows 10: something is using too much memory and i cant find out what

Discus and support something is using too much memory and i cant find out what in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; my memory at idle is about 70%, when i go into task manager and click memory to see whats using so much, nothing is there, when i try to use process... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Creep, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Creep Win User

something is using too much memory and i cant find out what

my memory at idle is about 70%, when i go into task manager and click memory to see whats using so much, nothing is there, when i try to use process hacker nothing is there, i used malwarebytes nothing there, i looked it up and all i can find is people just ending processes, there is nothing enabled at startup. some of my apps wont work because there is too much ram being used, resource monitor says alot of ram is being used but fails to tell me what is using it.

i deleted extra files no effect. the highest thing using memory is firefox and mc teams which only uses about 25%.

:)

Creep, Mar 9, 2021
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 9, 2021
  3. Memory issues

Thank you for updating us. We suggest that you run the Memory Diagnostics Tool, this is to check your system for memory problems. Follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel and type memory in the search bar.
    • Click on Diagnose computer memory problems to open it.
    • If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Reymichael Ros, Mar 9, 2021
  4. something is using too much memory and i cant find out what

Choice of memory and motherboard... a bit stuck...

No one who got some suggestions on this one, huh?

I've found out that the Asus M3A78-T needs to be flashed, so then that motherboard is excluded from my list. Which motherboard and memory should I then go for? Any suggestions?

minstreless, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

something is using too much memory and i cant find out what

1. something is using too much memory and i cant find out what - Similar Threads - something using too

2. Vmmem Is Using Too Much Memory It Cant Be Deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vmmem Is Using Too Much Memory It Cant Be Deleted: and it says access denied please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vmmem-is-using-too-much-memory-it-cant-be-deleted/1de3105d-9ad2-4231-a8f7-3df985edc1fb
  3. Vmmem Is Using Too Much Memory It Cant Be Deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vmmem Is Using Too Much Memory It Cant Be Deleted: and it says access denied please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vmmem-is-using-too-much-memory-it-cant-be-deleted/1de3105d-9ad2-4231-a8f7-3df985edc1fb
  4. Vmmem Is Using Too Much Memory It Cant Be Deleted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows uses too much memory?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows uses too much memory?: Using task manager i see that my user is using 1.8 GB. But my computer is using 5.6 GB in total. I tried to check for memory leaks but I didn't find any. Is it normal? Like is this how windows is supposed to work? Cause it gives me some trouble when I am trying to use...
  6. Too much memory usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Too much memory usage: I have 16 GB of memory, but something is using over 60% of it. [ATTACH] What is causing this? I tried doing sfc /scannow and DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth. What is causing this?...
  7. Too much memory usage?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Too much memory usage?: I've been noticing Chrome discarding tabs lately which is something that I haven't seen since I had my Windows 7 computer over six years ago. And I'm only using about 61 percent memory. And I've used more memory but didn't have that happen. What's happening? Is it because I'm...
  8. Too much memory usage?

in Windows 10 Support
    Too much memory usage?: I've been noticing Chrome discarding tabs lately which is something that I haven't seen since I had my Windows 7 computer over six years ago. And I'm only using about 61 percent memory. And I've used more memory but didn't have that happen. What's happening? Is it because I'm...
  9. Out of Memory - Programs using Virtual Memory but not that much on RAM...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Out of Memory - Programs using Virtual Memory but not that much on RAM...: Recently (less than two weeks ago - suspiciously after the update to Windows 2004), my 16gb Windows 10 machine is throwing "Out of Memory" errors, specially in games - even if they are something like a 2D platformer: after a while I get the events 2004 and 26 (both regarding...
  10. Memory uses too much RAM?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory uses too much RAM?: Howdy, I still have the problem that my memory is used 85% of the time even though I don't have anything on. I was using Process Explorer and lo and behold, my system and the registry are using way too much RAM! How can I eliminate this problem? With kind regards...