Windows 10: Something is wrong with my USB devices

Discus and support Something is wrong with my USB devices in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; so for the longest time i've suffered the wraith of netgear. since i moved about a year ago, i have had no way to set up my ethernet in my room so a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RudeGuitar, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Something is wrong with my USB devices

so for the longest time i've suffered the wraith of netgear. since i moved about a year ago, i have had no way to set up my ethernet in my room so a usb adapter was my only option. i used to have the wna3100, and now the a6210 and i have to face the same problems with both. frequently i lose connection and it has been an on and off thing. it has constantly messed with my kingston headphones (usb) and my razer gamepad, both of which i have troubleshooted in the past and have updated their drivers. i havent been able to find out what on earth is wrong but looking through the event viewer i found dozens of errors from the "DeviceManager-Enterprise-Diagnostics-Provider" and the event ID 454:
    MDM ConfigurationManager: Command failure status. Configuraton Source ID: ({02883013-08C0-4258-B607-97E216144048}), Enrollment Type: (FamilySafety), CSP Name: (AppLocker), Command Type: (Clear: first phase of Delete), Result: (./Vendor/MSFT/AppLocker/FamilySafety/FamilySafetyGroup).

submitted by /u/RudeGuitar
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RudeGuitar, Nov 8, 2019

2. USB devices have yellow marker in device manager under 'Other devices'

Hi Roger,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

• What is the make and model of your devices?

I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run hardware and devices troubleshooter and check.

• Press the Windows + X,
      and click on Search.

• Type troubleshooting and select
      Troubleshooting

• Click on Hardware and Sound and select
      Hardware and Devices

• Click on Next to run the troubleshooter

Method 2: Update USB Controllers.

To update the USB Controllers from Device Manager follow these steps.

• Go to Device manager in control panel.

• Select Device manager and a Device Manager window will pop-up.

• Double Click on USB Controllers to expand.

• Right click on the USB Controllers that is listed and select Update.

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Nov 8, 2019
  3. USB Device - No Media

Hi Huw,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the USB drivers

Uninstall and reinstall the USB drivers from device manager follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Search for USB Drivers and expand it.
    • Right click on the USB Drivers and select
      Uninstall
    • Restart the Computer.
    Also install the latest USB drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Nov 8, 2019
  4. Something is wrong with my USB devices

USB Device not recognized.

Hello Aeko,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums. We are glad to help you.

I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + X”.

• Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.

• Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.

• Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.
    Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2: Update
    the latest USB drivers and check if that helps:

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Key + X” from the keyboard.

• Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.

• Right click on the USB drivers and select
      “Update”.
    If the issue persists, uninstall and reinstall the latest USB drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

Hope this information helps. Feel free to get back to us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Something is wrong with my USB devices

1. Something is wrong with my USB devices - Similar Threads - Something wrong USB

2. I think there is something wrong with my device manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think there is something wrong with my device manager.: I have been having problems with my device manager saying that there are problems with the HP R70 firmware. But it says its up to date and I have done the SFC /scannow & chkdsk commands with them coming back saying there's nothing wrong. I have also used HP support assistant...
  3. I think there is something wrong with my device manager.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I think there is something wrong with my device manager.: I have been having problems with my device manager saying that there are problems with the HP R70 firmware. But it says its up to date and I have done the SFC /scannow & chkdsk commands with them coming back saying there's nothing wrong. I have also used HP support assistant...
  4. I think there is something wrong with my device manager.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Something s wrong with my device ,, i dont know if it is USB or my device

Something s wrong with my device ,, i dont know if it is USB or my device: i use windows 10 ,, i used to download some movies and download it in to the USB , This time , non of my USB s are working ,, it is showing that it has enough spaces ,, i emptied my USB , i deleted all the videos ,, but it wasn't working...
  6. Something s wrong with my device ,, i dont know if it is USB or my device

Something s wrong with my device ,, i dont know if it is USB or my device: i use windows 10 ,, i used to download some movies and download it in to the USB , This time , non of my USB s are working ,, it is showing that it has enough spaces ,, i emptied my USB , i deleted all the videos ,, but it wasn't working...
  7. Something s wrong with my device ,, i dont know if it is USB or my device

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. something is wrong with my passwords!

something is wrong with my passwords!: I just had the scare of my life! Just a few minutes ago, the passwords for every account I have just stopped working. This is for email, social media, discord, everything....... I changed my email password and got through there, but I didn't want to do this for every single...
  9. Something is wrong with my windows

Something is wrong with my windows: I was trying to reset my windows, per usual, as i do this regularly like every year. You know, restarting through this feature :But this time, when i tried to reset, it appears to not be able to do such thing. After choosing the option to download windows or install it...
  10. Is there something wrong with my SSD?

Is there something wrong with my SSD?: So I am trying to decompress a zip file, and when I have it on my D drive (a old school normal hdd) and have it set to decompress onto my C drive (My SSD) why does it seem to extract much slower than just going from D to D drive? I've even had the pc softlock before during...